Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Only complaints so far:

Missions where you have to track someone can be irritating as there's no Samurai Sight mode that highlights footprints and they can be loving tiny or hidden by shadows (or is there and I'm a fool?)
Mission objective icons are also small to the point you gotta be right on top of them to trigger
Water doesn't look very good, which is unfortunate considering how useful and cool the hot springs are
There's no dedicated "pop your sword out with your thumb and look super badass" button

But last night a bird found me a cool hat

Hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

VanillaGorilla posted:

ACTUALLY the person who deserves the raise is whoever put these title cards before/after missions.

Yeah, those reminded me of Control when you'd enter a new area and get that loud BWAAAM noise and the area's name in all caps filling your screen, good poo poo

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Sakurazuka posted:

gently caress archers, gently caress anyone with fire, double gently caress fire archers.

When do I get my flaming blade god drat it

To fire archers I give the gently caress word

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

free hubcaps posted:

e: also dig that you can revert armor to its earlier appearance after you upgrade it, i like the less heavy look of a lot of the lower level armor

How do you do this?

Edit:

Two seconds after I ask I see the triangle button prompt on the armor menu :haw:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

FiftySeven posted:

I wish he was a bit more keen on the idea of becoming a "ghost" and less concerned about Honor when hes fighting a huge mongol invasion with absolutely minimal backup.

:hai:

Cast off your honor
Dehumanize yourself and
Terrify them all

We need a combination of :hai: and :unsmigghh:

(can haiku lines end with and? lol)

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Welp I found a sword set with skull tassels

BAH GAWD THE SWEET CHIN MUSIC :bahgawd:

:toot:

And if this game is telling me anything, it's I should go poke around out in the kudzu fields on the edge of town for cool loot

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Things that would be nice to have in updates:

Accessibility features for folks (someone mentioned earlier that making footprints easier to spot would be nice, just default it to off and yeah good stuff)
NG+
Perma invasion mode where Mongols will take back camps and areas overtime
Boss rush/dedicated dueling mode

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

I wish I could use photo mode while shooting bows

Local cryptid naps with horse

Yeah we're vibin' what's up how may I assist you

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

free hubcaps posted:

post ur jins

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Sindai posted:

I wear the armor on Masako quests so we match.

Same, Masako was nice enough to give me a present and she's going through a lot right now.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Romes128 posted:

Whipping out your bow on the guys that run makes good target practice.

My uncle would be ashamed.

I was just using kunai on them for a while :unsmigghh:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

One of the outfits for the hunter is Yuna's gear

Pretty easy to get, too. Complete 15 waves of survival on the beach mission. It's absurd how an update with this much content is free, holy poo poo :swoon:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

My hunter has Pocket Sand that sets enemies on fire.

Am... am I throwing white phosphorous at them? :ohdear:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Mercedes posted:

This mode loving rules. The hunter rules once you stop sucking rear end with aiming

I've been using hunter as a debuff of sorts. Dunking an explosive arrow into a mob to soften them up for my pals works great.

Also I got a legendary gord last night that heals allies near me, hell yeah thanks Kenji

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Soonmot posted:

i forgot the tutorial, how do you mark enemies/items?

Aim at the item, press in the right stick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Assistant Manager Devil posted:

Wait, what'd I miss? Something multiplayer only?

Yeah for a limited time if you logged in, you could just grab a free costume for all four characters that were styled after different PS4 games. Archer got a Horizon Zero Dawn set, Samurai got God of War, Ronin got a loving awesome Bloodborne one, and Assassin got... I think it's a Shadow of The Colossus pack?

Just free stuff! Yay! But limited time! Nay! :(