Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Communist Thoughts posted:

know any good ways
to grind some supplies quickly?
i want more fashion

One of the early shrines gives you a charm that doubles basic crafting stuff you pick up, can't remember which one though

E: oh yeah of course it's the fox god shrine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I think you need to hear about a quest from villagers before it'll appear, I walked past the haunted forest once, nothing, villager told me some spooky poo poo was going on there suddenly there's a guy telling me about ghosts outside.

Though it's not always, a couple of the later mythic quests involve stuff that you can stumble on before you even get the quest, probably because they're tied to a non-repeatable activity.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jul 18, 2020

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Are there only two bows? Wanna sell all this wood I've got if so.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Jul 19, 2020

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Man I hope there's a charm that makes Ghost Stance take less kills ;_;

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Guessing one of the armours I haven't gotten yet

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Going by one of the secret trophies it's entirely possible there's a Sly Cooper outfit in the game somewhere.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Most of the evasion tree sucks but perfect dodge is very useful when you start coming up against enemies with tons of unblockables.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

gently caress archers, gently caress anyone with fire, double gently caress fire archers.

When do I get my flaming blade god drat it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've had to deal with eagles like twice in 20 odd hours, I forget they exist mostly

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I feel like the charm system could have used more work, there a bunch of interesting ones with unique effects but unless you're swapping them around per encounter it's easier just to go with some generic useful ones. Being able to equip different sets and swap between them at least.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Act 2 sucks :(

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://twitter.com/frodies24/status/1284428183438127106?s=21

Archers

E: lol

https://twitter.com/frodies24/status/1284776039395160065?s=21

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Man you need loving good reactions for standoffs starting in the third area

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

black.lion posted:

Hey so I'm in Act I and my next mission is to go get the grappling hook but I'm worried if I do it'll shove me into Act II and I want to explore more first - is this next mission the end of Act I or am I safe to go do the thing and then do sidequests?

The end of act 1 is assaulting the castle, you can get the grappling hook without triggering that.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

black.lion posted:

Noice

So this game is amazing but lvl 1 samurai armor is the best looking and i wish i could go back

You can switch between different cosmetic upgrade levels with triangle on the armour select screen

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The duel you do at the end of the duelling mythic quest series is the hardest one I've done, got the 'give up or restart on easy?' prompt for the first and only time so far.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dyes are only from merchants, you only get sword skins and hats out in the wild.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

dog nougat posted:

Looks like I hosed myself and the Servant of the People quest (Kenji tale 1 of 3) despawned after I completed act 1. I hope this doesn't prevent me from getting the Plat for this :ohdear:

Some story stuff will temporarily disable quests but they always come back

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://twitter.com/suzushiro333/status/1285050035357413384?s=21

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Well I finished it.

Take my advice and either don't do all the other duels before endgame or turn off achievement notifications if you don't want an ultra cheesy one to pop during an emotional moment.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah you can go around and finish everything off after you beat it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nope you can't replay anything

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm missing one haiku area for 100% everything and I can't see it anywhere, already liberated the island and uncovered the whole map so it might be a special one somewhere. I'm also missing another couple of vanity items and the vanity tracker won't show anything anymore. :(

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lol I missed the 'tutorial' haiku in Hiyoshi Springs

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

And that's the platinum, probably took me a bit less than 40 hours

E: oh wait I got it on Thursday probably longer than that then lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Three
And yeah the camera sucks lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Time for Tsushima-2 starring Yuna, Lady Masako and a new goth girl

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No because that was the second Mongol invasion a few years later

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That reminds me I did like everything in the game and only got maybe one 'III' tier charm, I dunno if they were just random and I got unlucky or they only made one charm that went up to III lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Escobarbarian posted:

Quick question: if you’ve fully completed your sword/bow upgrades, does that mean you can freely sell all the rest of your items used for those upgrades, like bamboo and steel, in order to have more supplies for gear?

Yeah once you've upgraded sword and tanto to max and both bows there's nothing else to use those resources for. You can only sell the basic upgrade mats though, I guess because there's limited numbers of the high grade stuff.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Strobe posted:

The Deflection tree upgrade that lets you block arrows is a loving godsend and if you hate archers it should be your first priority.

I wish it worked better on fire arrows, sometimes it does, sometimes it deflects the arrow straight into the ground next to you and sets you on fire anyway.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Evil Canadian posted:

Is there a list of all the colours/dyes for all the armour in the game? Googling only gives me a very incomplete look. I know a bunch of colours are tied to quests but I have no idea which quest chains lead to what.

Proper fashion is how the samurai will win.

There are only like two colours tied to quests, one is finishing Lady Masako's. Most are from the merchants.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CJacobs posted:

The game gives you so many tools to say gently caress spear guys forever and yet they are still bastards. Them and the brute dudes with the two-handed axes, that wide sweep can hit you from all the fuckin way across Tsushima.

Just heavy attack the big guys in big guy stance it interrupts them even before they stagger.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I wish it has been an actual Sly Cooper outfit instead of that weaksauce getup

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

thebardyspoon posted:

Question for people who've finished the game or possibly just got further in act 3. Do you get a horse that looks more like the old one at some point? I'm missing my white horse and just wondering cause if you do then I might just mainline main story missions to that point, if not then I'll continue doing side poo poo and such at a relatively slow pace. It's not massively affecting my enjoyment obviously but if I had a choice then I'd definitely prefer to play the majority of my remaining stuff with the classic horse and its dazzling saddle which doesn't seem to be switchable on the replacement.

You get a replacement real horse if you carry on with the story but it's one of the other two you didn't pick at the start

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It only does that a couple of times at least

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ronin outfit doesn't change as you upgrade it so I guess they went all out on colours, also its probably one of the more popular outfits lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No I've seen both types just out in the wild I'm pretty sure.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lol if your tendons weren't already dust from playing Sekiro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bust Rodd posted:

I always feel like a party pooper when I say this, but Sucker Punch makes better first games than second games and I’d rather Ghost just be a single perfect game instead of a franchise that focuses on hybrid stealth action open world combat in historical settings

Sly 2 and Infamous 2 were both better than the first games though.