Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

free hubcaps posted:

im currently trying to add both goon photo mode art and tips and tricks to the second post, its pretty easy to browse the thread for screenshots but if anyone has any good tips that arent super obvious plz hit me with them and I'll add them to the op

Tip, you can double dip on Leaders by both observing them for a stance point and then killing them for another point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm still in Act 1 but I'm a big fan of the Stone Stance thrust attack. Lot of enemies don't have a good defense against it and it frequently kills in one hit.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of weird that Ghost weapon ammo is all over the place but darts are hard to get. As far as I can tell you don't get them from Mongols which is a problem if you run out and get a bonus objective of poisoning Mongols. Everything else is on corpses or just sitting around ready to be picked up.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Baggot posted:

Am I the only one that went with black horse Kage?

Such a good horse, Kage.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So what happens if you don't collect a Mongol artifact from an encampment that you end up destroying?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I like the Sakai clan helmet but I've noticed after wearing it a while that it just doesn't work when you're doing story stuff because you can't see Jin's eyes while he's wearing it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Proteus Jones posted:

Ah. There it is then. I did not know this.

They added it in much later so it is easy to miss that they changed it to do that.

Captain Monkey posted:

Whenever I see Jin in cutscenes, he’s not wearing the face mask though?

I haven’t taken off the deer god helmet since I got it.

The mask has a visor part on it and in a lot of act 2 cutscenes I've seen he holds his head in such a way that you can't see his eyes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Best way to finish a duel is definitely Heavenly Strike.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A definitely interesting look is full black Sakai armor with thief wrap face. At a lot of angles it looks like just a black suit of armor moving on its own.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The charm that poisons arrows 15% of the time seems kind of pointless because 90% of the time I'm shooting an arrow at a guy it is a headshot.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

threelemmings posted:

Upgraded leader assassinate related to the unlock you get in yarikawa

Yeah, you can tell it is going to happen because the prompt is different. This is important to know because that move specifically is not silent and instead gets everyone's attention. It also instantly fills up Ghost Stance.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oof, the end to Norio's questline is not great. The whole Enjo thing is excessively grimdark and that final mission is kind of crap seeing as it is just you standing around not doing anything while stuff happens.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah at the start of Act 3 I had enough material to upgrade everything and just needed supplies, which you can get for selling things you no longer need

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One thing you don't want to sell are predator skins because every once in a while you'll unlock a new side weapon and need to upgrade the carrying capacity.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Terra-da-loo! posted:

I platted this today and I feel a loss already. Really hope they do more with the IP.

SP usually does at least one thing for DLC.

Although speaking of what they're doing next I would kill for an Infamous 1+2 remake.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One thing I liked about the ending was how in the final fight with Khan they do the duel but then switch to a normal fight so you can use all your Ghost Weapons against him. Since you only care about killing him no matter the method.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is definitely an easy platinum to get. A lot of it is just playing the game normally and doing collectibles. I think the Sly Cooper and grave song are the only ones that you wouldn't just normally stumble across.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Proteus Jones posted:

Just wandering around the map will give you waypoints to the start of the paths. Also, the torii gates on roads are a giveaway that a shrine is near.

Talking about the bow points which you need to hit something like 11 for the trophy.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Proteus Jones posted:

No poo poo.

But there's nothing to guide you to those signposts unlike every other discoverable in the game. Golden Bird don't care about those, you basically need to stumble upon them. Which you will as you play, but if you ignored them or missed the significance at first, it's going to suck hard trying to find them in areas you already uncovered in the map.

The biggest problem with them is that the game never tells you how to bow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Proteus Jones posted:

How is that game? I'm a little hesitant because some games I get murdered so early and so often I just end up not playing after an hour or two. I mean, if it's Dark Souls or Bloodborne level fighting I'll probably pass.

re: Control

Not too long ago they added in "Assist Mode" which lets you drill down into controlling stuff like how much damage you take, ammo cooldown and even make it so that the main character is invincible.