Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Equip sets and being able to switch armor cosmetically would be great QoL improvements. I’d also be really interested in having incidental dialogue subtitled and a way to translate the Mongolian voice lines too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
e: ^^^ :hfive:

Bust Rodd posted:

If Jin can’t speak Mongolian then I don’t think we should be able to either

I mean, yeah, but at least have it as a bonus or NG+ thing, like understanding Yorda in Ico on the second run through.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Made a playlist for my “screenshots” I took through the whole game. The photo mode in this thing is addictive.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3e9fqihTv1PWUxqOcVzCCVn_giJ_p3R0

Contains some environment spoilers but nothing too major.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

RaySmuckles posted:

the only thing that i don't like about this game, and it really bugs the gently caress out of me, is the walk/run glitch. pressing forward won't make jin run and it sucks. even wiggling side to side somehow gets less useful as the glitch wears on. i think its a going in and out of combat thing. restarting the game fixes it

Might want to try another controller, because that sounds like your left stick is going bad. Jin’s been all wiggly when running for me for the same reason. The game seems really sensitive to stick drift and other similar issues.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Oh wait, like he just stops running for a couple of minutes? I just thought it was that he doesn’t have infinite stamina. Not sure if that’s actually a bug.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
It really depends on how the game handles input and an increased framerate. I think the Devil May Cry reboot was a 30fps game (before the remaster) but the internal game logic was running at 60 and polled the controller between frames.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Crappy Jack posted:

You can, and it does both. If you use it to look for records, for example, winds will guide you to the general area of the item, and then it's a bit of a Hot/Cold game to follow where the vibration gets strongest to find the item itself. The only difference is there's not a big popup on screen when you get close to a collectible, and no icon gets added to the map.

The new patch added a helpful firefly friend for artifacts, records, and banners, which is nice. :3:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Romes128 posted:

Thinkin about my uncle in the hot springs.

Doo dah doo doo!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Frog Act posted:

so when you complete a bonus objective for a location and reload your checkpoint does it still count as completed? one of them for this place i'm doing was "observe the mongol leader", which I did, but then whiffed the stealth one so I had to reload, but now I don't have the observe the leader bonus goal

Yeah, you should have a point towards your next stance unlocked too unless you already have all four.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Brick Shipment posted:

I just got to the third act and I hope I get to keep this crispy horse.

It’s the collector’s edition bonus. :v: (No, really.)

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Lethal mode is surprisingly fun, and I say this as someone who usually doesn’t bother playing on hard mode. It’s less that it’s strictly harder and more that it’s just faster, which does a lot for Ghost’s take on combat.

Plus, death means a four second loading screen, so failure has minimal consequences.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Spear guys. :argh:

The hop back trick/glitch really does trivialize standoffs when you can manage it, but you occasionally end up with a duelist who just wanders off and you have to let yourself get smacked.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
That all sounds extremely up my alley, and I like that the ghost flowers are basically replacement mission rewards. Definitely curious if NG+ resets the normal flowers or if they stay collected from the first run. (Not that I need any more, I have like 150 left over after buying all the cosmetics...)

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Captain Hygiene posted:

Lol, is that multiplayer only? I'll be sad if my next story run doesn't have comical amounts of blood washing over the island.

It’s in single player and you can buy it within 2 minutes of starting NG+. :black101:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Something that helps a ton with the single player side stuff is remembering that A: Almost everything gets added to the map when you find it and B: Fast travel is fast.

Don’t feel like chasing that fox right now? No worries, he’ll be like ten seconds away at any time from now on.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

lessavini posted:

Just got the game on a sale. Should I go Hard or Lethal? (Soulsborne vet here)

Also, this showed up...

https://twitter.com/PSLifeStyle/status/1408168763531268099?s=20

Lethal is a lot more fun but it kind of expects you to understand the game mechanics. I’d even go so far as to say start on Normal, then bump to Lethal when you get the hang of it, skip Hard entirely.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Kurosawa mode needed a pass for UI readability and they should have left in an option to lock the framerate on PS5. 60fps when you're trying to specifically simulate the feel of an old movie feels a little off, even if it does still look pretty drat good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Lethal also makes the enemies extremely vulnerable, so it’s more balanced out. That’s the main difference between Hard and Lethal, on Lethal the enemies are at just as much of a disadvantage as you are.