Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
I'm truly sorry there is no goku option but I want this to be scientific
I would like to be able to fly
I would like a billion dollars
View Results

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Stipulations of the question:

- The billion dollars are deposited into your bank account quietly, nobody ever needs to know.
- Superman flight. No need to worry about stuff like wearing a parka in the stratosphere - same applies to people you might want to carry, on a trip to tahiti or whatever.

I think it's a tough call. I would probably want to fly. I'm not sure if I could use being able to fly to make much money, but it's a possibility. Lots of people have had a billion dollars, none have been able to fly. You could travel anywhere. On the other hand with a billion dollars you could travel anywhere also. But you need to deal with planes! Could you own and operate a private jet for your entire life for a billion dollars? You still wouldn't get to fuckin fly around.

I think I'd fly. What about you guys.

Okay edit to clarify flight rules. You can go into space but your top speed (on land too) is Mach 9. So you can get to the moon but it's a 70 hour round trip. Bring snacks. For reference this means circumnavigating the globe at the equator would take about 3.5 hrs.

also, you can make money from your flight but NOT by carrying people or parcels. If you can come up with another way it's game. You can still carry a person, for fun.

The Walrus fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jun 10, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
What kinda question is this?

Id rather be "fly" in the figurative sense and have "billions" worth in knowledge :radcat:

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
No jk id want to be rich as gently caress!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I'd pick flight. I could rob banks and fly away and never get caught.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

If I had a billion dollars I would be a 1% poo poo stain

If I could fly I would be one step closer to Goku

Not even a question, really

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
Flight. But you have to make the stipulation that i have to be nude to use it.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Superman can fly into space so I'd just go get some space stuff and sell it for a billion dollars

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Fried Watermelon posted:

Superman can fly into space so I'd just go get some space stuff and sell it for a billion dollars

The reality of space is that you would end up 'lost' very quickly while the earth orbited on some plane completely different from what you think it is because you flew at half a degree more of a bank than you thought you did. Rough way to go.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
Flight for sure, especially if its the version of superman that goes into space.
You could advertise to fly folks around, deliver medical supplies, etc for $1000 a trip and just do a couple of those a week to cover your income.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I’d take flight, but I’d only use it to make money.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Flight seems like a hassle. The billion could be put to good use.

e: just realized this is essentially a Hawkman vs. Batman discussion.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Another issue with flight is that you'd be obligated to help people.

"Oh great another loving penthouse orphanage is on fire"

with a billion dollars you SHOULD be obligated but you definitely won't be.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

The Walrus posted:

Another issue with flight is that you'd be obligated to help people.

"Oh great another loving penthouse orphanage is on fire"

with a billion dollars you SHOULD be obligated but you definitely won't be.

I don’t see how flight would make you obligated to help in that situation, unless the town didn’t have a fire department or something.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
I have no need to fly. I would like a billion dollars though

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Okay edit to clarify flight rules. You can go into space but your top speed (on land too) is Mach 9. So you can get to the moon but it's a 70 hour round trip. Bring snacks.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I don’t see how flight would make you obligated to help in that situation, unless the town didn’t have a fire department or something.

tell that to uncle ben

edit: but really, people know you can fly and are jealous. a situation comes up where you could save lives and you don't. now you're a bad guy for life.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

My Green Lantern Corps ring already grants me the power of flight so it's a no-brainer

I pick flight because that damned thing falls off, gets stolen, or runs out of juice every other issue of my comic because of the hack writers and I really don't have much of a backup plan otherwise

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

The Walrus posted:

tell that to uncle ben

He’s dead, I don’t need to tell him poo poo.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

The Walrus posted:

edit: but really, people know you can fly and are jealous. a situation comes up where you could save lives and you don't. now you're a bad guy for life.

I’d wear a medical mask, a pair of sunglasses, and a big-rear end hat with a chin-strap whenever I flew, problem solved.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

i would prefer to fly, i could just steal money as and when i needed it and fly away

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

if you have a billion dollars you basically become a super herovillain, you can't fly but you can go anywhere you want and laws no longer apply to you.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

The Walrus posted:

Okay edit to clarify flight rules. You can go into space but your top speed (on land too) is Mach 9. So you can get to the moon but it's a 70 hour round trip. Bring snacks.

Mach 9 is very roughly like 7,000+ MPH or 11,000+ KMH, you could gently caress poo poo up going that fast. Imagine hitting a wall going that speed.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

PinheadSlim posted:

Mach 9 is very roughly like 7,000+ MPH or 11,000+ KMH, you could gently caress poo poo up going that fast. Imagine hitting a wall going that speed.

He didn’t say you were Superman, just that you could fly like him. You’d probably explode hitting drat near any wall.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Unless I can fly to the land of Big Tits And No Work I'd take the money.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

PinheadSlim posted:

As I said you can go in the stratosphere without issue with cold or breathing, so I would highly recommend getting up above bird flight level before you hit the afterburners, yes.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Hmm should I have sex with supermodels every day on a yacht or get shot down by the FAA?? Tough question.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

if you hit a piece of hail as a soft human meat bag at mach 9 it would go through you like a bullet, only it would do much more damage due to the absurd speed.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Hmm should I have sex with supermodels every day on a yacht or get shot down by the FAA?? Tough question.

honestly I think you're more likely to gently caress supermodels if you can fly than if you have a billion dollars. you're unique, you've got mystique.

big nipples big life posted:

if you hit a piece of hail as a soft human meat bag at mach 9 it would go through you like a bullet, only it would do much more damage due to the absurd speed.

Look I said superman flight rules, ok? You don't need to worry about debris, just large objects.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I would make more than a billion dollars from the sex cult I would subsequently found after learning to fly like Superman.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The compression waves would move the hail to one side or the other of the inertial body creating them tho, and it’s relative speed would max out at terminal velocity. :shrug:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

mach 9 makes you the fastest flight on earth, you could offer to chauffeur jeff bezos and bill gates around for a month for like 10 billion and I bet they would pay.

rethinking my choice here.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Using flight to make money is obviously cheating the spirit of the question.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

that's hosed up

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost
The better question would have been:

You are endowed with a 11 inch dick

Or

You can fly like Superman

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Yes it is. But let's keep it somewhat fair, you can make money off of your flight, but not by basically extending your power of flight to billionaires. If you want to have a Human Air Show and sell tickets that's fine, you just can't sell tickets on Air You.

If you feel you could found a sex cult, that's fine. I guess, for you.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

what if i wore a saddle?

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
if you think it would help with the sex cult.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Alien Sex Manual posted:

I would make more than a billion dollars from the sex cult I would subsequently found after learning to fly like Superman.

Being able to found a sex cult was an aspect of the question I hadn't considered. Changing my answer.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

what if i wore a saddle?

What if I wore spurs??? :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Being able to found a sex cult was an aspect of the question I hadn't considered. Changing my answer.

I would require neither a billion dollars or the ability to fly if’n I was the leader of a sex cult.