Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
I'm truly sorry there is no goku option but I want this to be scientific
I would like to be able to fly
I would like a billion dollars
View Results

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

If I had a billion dollars I would be a 1% poo poo stain

If I could fly I would be one step closer to Goku

Not even a question, really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

The Walrus posted:

Okay edit to clarify flight rules. You can go into space but your top speed (on land too) is Mach 9. So you can get to the moon but it's a 70 hour round trip. Bring snacks.

Mach 9 is very roughly like 7,000+ MPH or 11,000+ KMH, you could gently caress poo poo up going that fast. Imagine hitting a wall going that speed.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

If I could fly at mach 9 my only job would be transporting poo poo that needed to be moved ASAP. I would just move organ transplants from hospital to hospital. Not only do I get to help people, but if I wore a gopro and had a patreon? I'd be set for life and I'd help countless people who really need it.

If you had a billion dollars best case scenario you either run out of money helping people or you have to engage in stinking capitalism in order to continue helping people. Boooooooooo.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

2 billion tacos at Jack in the Box

In my area the price went up to 1.19 for 2, I would only be able to afford 1666666666 tacos from the Jack. :(

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Inept posted:

if you can fly with whatever weight on you then the military would probably just make you a prisoner to deliver bombs faster or something

Not if your first move is to fly to a country that probably won't weaponize you or sell you out to a major power, like Switzerland or something.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

naem posted:

how?? what good are a billion dollars if you’re dead

Immortality is definitely considered a curse by anyone who thinks about it for more than five minutes. It has as many, if not more, caveats than flight. You'll always be changing identities so have fun losing everyone you ever form a connection with again, if you don't you'll be hunted down and captured. Every single time you cheat death you risk people seeing/recording it. Immortality may make you invulnerable to death but not invulnerable to being stuck in a cell. What happens to a persons thought process after thousands of years of life? Will you get bored of everything and everyone and find everyone else completely unrelatable for eternity?

And best of all, have fun not being able to die when the world ends.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Fame Douglas posted:

What is this garbage. The real problem with immortality is being stuck on the husk of earth after the sun has gone supernova.

imo that falls under "when the world ends"

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Fame Douglas posted:

I'll accept that. But it's the only real issue, worrying about people scolding you for not dying at the right time is silly.

Scolding? Wut? I'mguessing you either mean the lack of personal relationships or the governments trying to catch you, but neither are about people getting mad at you.

You won't keep personal relationships because everyone you care about will either rot away in what is essentially a very short time for you or they'll increase your likelihood of being found out, which leads to the governments trying to catch you thing.

If you get caught you have no other super powers. You don't have super strength and no one even said you can't feel pain, so have fun loving up once, being caught, and dismantled piece by piece in a government lab while being conscious for the entire process.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

And it's not just governments, imagine if some really unsavory dudes found out and captured you, and tried to force you to do something awful with your power of invulnerability. If you say no then they over power you, tie you up, throw you in a hole, and pour concrete over it.

Have fun for however long that poo poo will take to fall apart, being awake the whole time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

The Walrus posted:

anyone who just thinks about the ways they can use flight to make money doesn't deserve the flight imo

No actually I think you're mistaken. I'm not saying get rich or anything, but you still need money. If your job isn't flying then you officially have to spend 8 hours a day not flying, which is a massive waste. I'd rather fly.