Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Quoth the Raven, "drive me to the store?"
Who needs performance cars and good 'Ring times? BTGG > BTG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

I don't know what this means:shrug:

Anyways hard to be more goth than somebody who studies ancient funerary practices and feeds crows in our backyard.

Changed spark plugs and wires yesterday I'm doing the distributor cap/rotor today.

The old spark plugs didn't look worn out exactly but they were pretty rusty looking and have some uneven coloration. The wires were probably fine but I had a new set so I put them on. I have the other set saved back.

Getting to the plugs themselves wasn't so bad on the drivers side. The passenger side I ended up having to take the wheel off and go at it from the side there's just so much plumbing and poo poo on that side it's impossible to get at it from the top.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Thumposaurus posted:

I don't know what this means:shrug:
BTGG is a stupid meme thing, big tiddy goth girl.

BTG is how everyone times Nurburgring laps, from bridge to gantry.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Putting this here for posterity too

The muffler got hung up leaving the driveway and fell off so I was blasting a straight pipe the whole way there.

I think the air bags in the rear may have a small leak or something it didn't used to drag as bad pulling out the driveway.

I'll investigate further when I'm under there refitting the muffler.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Thumposaurus posted:

The muffler got hung up leaving the driveway and fell off so I was blasting a straight pipe the whole way there.

I think the air bags in the rear may have a small leak or something it didn't used to drag as bad pulling out the driveway.

looks good. just cut the front springs a bit to match

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

It's got air shocks on all four corners they can supposedly be adjusted somewhat, but it already scrapes enough getting in and out of the driveway if I go any lower it'll start scraping chrome off the taillight housings .

I'd love to put it on a set of airbags I can dump it on when parked by that's not in the budget right now.

LobsterboyX
Jun 27, 2003
I want to eat my chicken.
first of all, I missed this thread back when you first posted it!

This thing is too cool. While never actually owning a pro car myself, I've lived very vicariously through friends of mine who surprisingly aren't that gothy...

most recently has been this 1940 Buick ambulance by Flxible

There's also a 58 Miller, 57 Eureka and a 63 S and S that floats around these parts. Another notable one is this 59 miller meteor belonging to a close friend of mine:

Does your car have coils in the rear? most of the old ones I've been dealing with over the years did not even though their "regular car" counterparts had coils. Maybe thats an early pro car kinda thing...

my experience with airbags was less than favorable, they are cool, but setting them up to be a reliable thing is a bit of a task, for me in the end it became more trouble than it was worth. I found myself being more frustrated with it than anything else. leaks, dead battery from the pumps running, burnt out alternator from pumps running due to leaks... I wound up removing the system.

PS that photo is incredible

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

Thumposaurus posted:

Looks like you got a chonking big.. passenger... in the back.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Thanks.
It just has the air shocks on all 4 corners with the integrated compressor and all that. No additional springs or shocks at all. The ride is great I just have a pretty steep driveway so can't have anything 2 low.
Even my stock GTI scrapes going up the driveway occasionally.

There's a light that comes on in the dash board of the caddy when you first start the car that says level ride and you can hear the compressor kick in and feel it do something.

The service manual I have says there is a little arm on the rear suspension that is hooked up to a solenoid that causes the compressor to kick in.

I'm going to have a look around under it with a spray bottle of soapy water and make sure nothings leaking air/see if I can adjust it up a bit.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Thumposaurus posted:

lol you were like a mile from my house. Awesome pic.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

I'm only about a 30 min drive away.

We've got a bucket full of golf balls my partner picked up out of the Potomac while kayaking across the river from his "club".

Someone tried asking us if we were lost I just said we were on our way to make a pick up.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Finally tracked down a 4th matching hubcap to go with the 3 that came with the car.

The moon discs were fun and look awesome but they wouldn't stay on the wheels worth a poo poo. After the 4th or 5th time having to stop and back track and find one that popped off I took them off and put them in the back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Thumposaurus posted:

I took them off and put them in the back.

Where things go to die.