Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest star making match ever
This poll is closed.
Sting vs Flair 12 16.67%
ZANDIG vs Janela 41 56.94%
Some dumb WWE match no one cares about 19 26.39%
Total: 72 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Some nasty storms knocked out my power last night, we were back up and running just in time for the TNT title match.

Marq Quen is not human, I still can't get over that DDT.

I'll have to catch the rest of the episode on demand, it sounds like it was a pretty good one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.
Loving this work from home thing. Starting my day getting meetings and emails squared away while watching last night's Dynamite. Hell yes.

First match now. Jericho, for everything else he is, is a pretty great commentator.

Also Butcher the Blade just exude violence, I love it.

E: wait Butcher plays guitar for Every Time I Die?! That's hilarious.

E2: Pretty good match, but I still think FTR's mindbreaker finishing move looks a bit hokey.

Lanky_Nibz fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Jun 11, 2020

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Lid posted:

Ive watched that gif in slow motion and worked put the real hero of it isnt Marq its Cody. When Marq is halfway up Cody pivots his body left to face sideways. It looks like a corkscrew but its really as simple as Cody turned halfway through the move which twisted Marq sideways too.

what i really want out of this title run for cody is not fuckin hager matches but lots of matches with cody and a young gun like jungle b last week and marq this week where they go out and have a banger of a match and make you believe they can beat cody (and cody doing the work with them and working out some really cool spots specific to their talents because he's good at that kind of thing)

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

I agree, I think it says A LOT about Cody that he's showcasing young talent in a very positive light. It must be why the climate is so much better at AEW: it seems like most of the wrestlers care about each other, and that is encouraged and modeled by people at the top.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

A four person commentary team is too much. Jericho is much better when he can stay engaged with one other person otherwise its all over the place.

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

If Colt doesn't want to join the Dark Order, maybe Matt Classic will.

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

I love Jericho's canon hate for "Pineapple Pete." poo poo cracks me up.

About to watch Stratlander & Shida v. Penelope & Nyla. loving psyched for this.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

having back and forth matches with undercard talent is the same trick triple h used to pull and he even lost to them a couple times. be careful

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
When are we getting The Butcher vs. Moxely? I'm not sure the ring will be able to contain it, but I want it.

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!
Also "yellow jackets" are an old name for speed/meth used by truckers.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
The Butcher vs Chuckie T

they just knee walk around each other for 15 minutes while we wildly cheer

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

magiccarpet posted:

A four person commentary team is too much. Jericho is much better when he can stay engaged with one other person otherwise its all over the place.

Jericho yelling over the top of everyone was starting to get on my nerves and it would have been intolerable if he was on commentary for the whole show with the way he was acting. So when he left the booth to beat down OC I started to wonder if he was being obnoxious on purpose knowing he wouldn't be there for long.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

smikey posted:

Also "yellow jackets" are an old name for speed/meth used by truckers.

Jericho just needs to slam a few of these https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVS4Qm3Mga8

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Cavauro posted:

having back and forth matches with undercard talent is the same trick triple h used to pull and he even lost to them a couple times. be careful

I think we all agree that Triple H made Taka Michinoku.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Random thought: I really want the Sonny/Joey tag team to have a spot where Sonny goes for a flying rear end attack and the opponent sells it like crazy, and then Joey goes for the same attack and the opponent no-sells it.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

their tag team is called "one rear end"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Tony asking if the gas station meth Jericho was pushing is the same as Monster Energy drinks :shobon:

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Cavauro posted:

cody is 100% committed to doing HHH but not lovely and i have made my peace with that, because when he does old school southern wrestling like last night, i love it

its a dangerous niche and i wont be prepared when he becomes Fully Bad HHH but i have to believe it wont happen or my world will shatter

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I love that Aubrey's reaction to Quen's DDT was this look of "Oh crap I think Cody just died"

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

Stratlander and Luchasaurus need to team up as "Team Head Kick"

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

blunt posted:

I think we all agree that Taka Michinoku made Triple H.

let's be real here.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I really, really like this Matt and Sammy angle. One of the first things Matt said when he joined was that AEW is a haven for the future of wrestling, him wanting to protect and help push that future, leading into a fight against Jericho for Sammy's soul is super good.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

MorningMoon posted:

I really, really like this Matt and Sammy angle. One of the first things Matt said when he joined was that AEW is a haven for the future of wrestling, him wanting to protect and help push that future, leading into a fight against Jericho for Sammy's soul is super good.

Hopefully this all leads to some hardy compound match.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MorningMoon posted:

plus that picture of Matt squishing Sammy's face is super fucky.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Great show this week, gotta say. Really like that they're building some long-term angles.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

What a loving excellent episode of Dynamite this week. No duds at all. Loved it.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Ok, so I just had a thought.

Matt Hardy is doing the multi-persona thing right now, and building towards a Jericho match, right?

Take a look at Jericho's entrance at Double Or Nothing last year.

https://youtu.be/CIsKdtE718U

And now imagine a cinematic match at the Hardy Compound where Team Extreme Matt Hardy, Mattitude 1.0, S.C.U.M. Matt Hardy, and Broken Matt Hardy face off against Lionheart Chris Jericho, Y2J, List Jericho, and the Painmaker.

Film it out of order so Jericho can get the appropriate haircuts, and maybe end it with a new Jericho persona (shaved bald?). Match Hardy's madness with Jericho's own. Maybe they're competing for Sammy's soul.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The final step for Jericho is draw an eye on his head and tag with Luther. Meltzer gives them an award.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
But does Chris know how to point at his head while sticking out his tongue?

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
jericho has basically evolved once in AEW already. at least to me the menacing painmaker with the fedora and spiky leather is distinct from the paranoid goof who wears gaudy blazers with no shirt, aviators, and carries a baseball bat.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Rarity posted:

But does Chris know how to point at his head while sticking out his tongue?

one person doing it is silly but two people doing it at the same time would be AMAZING.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

coconono posted:

one person doing it is silly but two people doing it at the same time would be AMAZING.

What if it was 3 people and that third person was mel?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
What if it was the Nightmare Collective

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Looking forward to people still claiming Cody is turning heel after he hugged Quen after his match and stopped dastardly heel Hagar beating on Arn.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

lmao joey janela is today's guest on The Doughboys podcast

they're reviewing chili's again

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

jericho has basically evolved once in AEW already. at least to me the menacing painmaker with the fedora and spiky leather is distinct from the paranoid goof who wears gaudy blazers with no shirt, aviators, and carries a baseball bat.

The Painmaker is Jericho's New Japan persona, so they're at least somewhat distinct.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

https://twitter.com/coolsomexd/status/1271092371858558977?s=21

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

What a loving excellent episode of Dynamite this week. No duds at all. Loved it.

same except Hager coming out at the end to get a TNT title shot.

The Audience: "Man, I wonder who Cody is going to fight at Fyter Fest so many young, up and coming superstars in AEW or maybe a new debut, the possible oppenents are endless--"
Cody: "JAKE HAGER, YOU WANT A MATCH AT FYTER?"
The Audience: "God drat it."

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'd totally missed it was Shida's birthday yesterday(tho I didn't sneak in a Cake Boss birthday wish when I found out)

https://twitter.com/shidahikaru/status/1271073891230892032

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

coconono posted:

I'd totally missed it was Shida's birthday yesterday(tho I didn't sneak in a Cake Boss birthday wish when I found out)

https://twitter.com/shidahikaru/status/1271073891230892032

i think today is actually her birthday but yesterday was her birthday dynamite since it was the night before

that is a very nice picture of her