Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

Father Jack posted:

for someone sitting alone at a desk playing a twitch shooter, yes

for someone sitting on the sofa with their frien.........

oh.

gaming is a shameful activity that shouldnt be shared with friends
also don't have gamer friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

now I know how stymie felt when he was viciously attacked for having correct opinions re: games

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Zlodo posted:

the problem with using game controllers on PC is that they're console devices and therefore inherently bad

driving games are the only games that makes sense to play with a controller anyway

the only games i play with a mouse and keyboard any more are twitch shooters and strategy games.

any third-person game, adventure game, rpg game, sneaky game, punching game, platform game, racing game, spaceship game, flight sim game -- all better with either a gamepad or a joystick. (specifically, the xbox one gamepad; all others are inferior).

lol @ anyone playing an fps with a gamepad though. are there any cross-platform mp shooters yet or is it still considered uncool for pc players to completely wipe the floor?

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

fortnite? and for a while pc people could plug in a controller to get aim assist, even when using a mouse and keyboard. I think they patched that though

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zlodo posted:

the problem with using game controllers on PC is that they're console devices and therefore inherently bad

driving games are the only games that makes sense to play with a controller anyway

grwrong!

playing hunched over a desk is the way of caveperwsons

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

the only games i play with a mouse and keyboard any more are twitch shooters and strategy games.

any third-person game, adventure game, rpg game, sneaky game, punching game, platform game, racing game, spaceship game, flight sim game -- all better with either a gamepad or a joystick. (specifically, the xbox one gamepad; all others are inferior).

lol @ anyone playing an fps with a gamepad though. are there any cross-platform mp shooters yet or is it still considered uncool for pc players to completely wipe the floor?

not only are there crossplay shooters, console players are turning off crossplay because cheating on pc is so prevalent

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

Jenny Agutter posted:

not only are there crossplay shooters, console players are turning off crossplay because cheating on pc is so prevalent

using a mouse to aim is not cheating

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Zlodo posted:

using a mouse to aim is not cheating

why are you commenting on this if you've never played a pc multiplayer game?

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
"cheaters, they're all cheaters" i continue to insist as i'm getting shot in the head 4 times while i laboriously drag my crosshair around with my gamepad

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

your pretty mad about your choice of inferior game platform

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

ive seen a lot of ridiculous claims on yospos but "there is no such thing as cheaters on pc" is one of the wildest

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

in tf2 it was fun to taunt after every kill and people would get mad at you

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

can't wait for flight simulator 2020 to come out on PC so I can play as it was intended. with a mouse and keyboard.

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

Jenny Agutter posted:

ive seen a lot of ridiculous claims on yospos but "there is no such thing as cheaters on pc" is one of the wildest

its not as prevalent as people like to think, most of the people i see ever cry cheating is just them being owned by super good players

also modern anticheat solutions such as battleye are really really good

in the first installment of our game we tried to do our own anti cheating efforts (it was kinda fun to reverse engineer all the lovely cheatengine crap that people would put out and find ways to break their poo poo) but we were basically playing whack a mole with the cheaters and it was ultimately fruitless

in the second installment we are using battleye and so far after a couple of years live whenever we encountered cheating it always just turned out to be people exploiting some of our idiot clown bug or game design flaw

Zlodo fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jun 17, 2020

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

akadajet posted:

can't wait for flight simulator 2020 to come out on PC so I can play as it was intended. with a mouse and keyboard.

lol if you play flight simulators and don't have a minimum of 3 separate usb devices to plug in

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

my favorite thing about windows gaming is all the cool rootkits and spyware

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

lol if you play flight simulators and don't have a minimum of 3 separate usb devices to plug in

i think you mean ps/2 and game port

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

my favorite thing about windows gaming is all the cool rootkits and spyware

yea i hate steam too

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Zlodo posted:

gaming is a shameful activity that shouldnt be shared with friends
also don't have gamer friends

gently caress you bitch

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

akadajet posted:

flying IFR is essentially this in real life

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

gently caress you bitch

why are you still posting here, nobody likes you

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Sagebrush posted:

bonus for each of the three that is over a decade old and has at least one homebrew repair

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DELETE CASCADE posted:

why are you still posting here, nobody likes you

I’ve never seen anyone directly interact with you or your posts homie. stop projecting

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
gamer war... gamer war never changes

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

it's cool I'm a gamer so I can say the gamer word

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Thanks for breaking my 5 year steak of not having an absolutely butthurt dumbass spend $10 on changing my avatar.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
owned mate, owned

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

echinopsis posted:

owned mate, owned

wait...are you seriously saying that you can “own” people with money?? that is not a good look in the current climate

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
and yet here we are

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

that is the lamest custom title I've ever seen, good lord is that pathetic

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

not a big knuc fan myself but i gotta agree that is weak.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Jenny Agutter posted:

that is the lamest custom title I've ever seen, good lord is that pathetic

dsyp :xd:

to me it kinda fits. like he doesn't deserve an effortful one or something

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
idk why everyone hate on knuc just for shitposting in a slightly more angry style

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Thanks for breaking my 5 year steak of not having an absolutely butthurt dumbass spend $10 on changing my avatar.
don’t eat a steak that old

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Zlodo posted:

idk why everyone hate on knuc just for shitposting in a slightly more angry style

knuc is constantly pointlessly mean and antagonistic. it's mean noise

I'm sure they'll reply to this by saying my posts are bad and that I'm bad, but nobody will read it

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

knuc is constantly pointlessly mean and antagonistic. it's mean noise

I'm sure they'll reply to this by saying my posts are bad and that I'm bad, but nobody will read it

I never read your posts or thought about them before. sorry.

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

it's cool I'm a gamer so I can say the gamer word

gamers = racism

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=now%207-d&q=racism,gamer

animist
Aug 28, 2018
it's cool that swapping is now being sold as the hot new gaming feature in tyool 2020

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

swapping?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
back and forth, forever