Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Pleas post your erotic fiction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

SilkyP posted:

There has never been more buzz about nothing hack Chuck Wendig

There was the time he accused all of the critics of his lovely star wars book of being homophobes because a handful of chuds took umbrage with one of his characters being gay. Therefore in his mind all criticism of his crappy writing about herky jerky tie fighters was invalid.

420 20
Apr 21, 2020

Muscle Wizard posted:

the library destroyer has logged on

Actually i never left

420 20
Apr 21, 2020
Im currently camping out in a library ama

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Did you get visited by a wizard voiced by Doc Brown who turns people into cartoons and makes them check out books that are just genre names?

420 20
Apr 21, 2020
No

420 20
Apr 21, 2020
I just drank a few pineapple corona refrescos

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Shamino
Mar 14, 2008

I am weary of loitering about Britain. There is much we could be accomplishing! Where hast thou been, anyway?

Crimpolioni posted:

people itt don't know how libraries work OR how the IA works or much of anything. you can't be too mad at them though, since they have correctly identified that Chuck Wendig sucks poo poo

IA was buying copies of anything they lent out, like a library. I don't see how this is a problem. If I buy a book and lend it to a friend am I stealing from the author? If so then did the book even belong to me in the first place?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Shamino posted:

IA was buying copies of anything they lent out, like a library. I don't see how this is a problem. If I buy a book and lend it to a friend am I stealing from the author? If so then did the book even belong to me in the first place?

Yes obviously. Tell your worthless bum of a friend to buy a copy, this isn't communist russia

Shamino
Mar 14, 2008

I am weary of loitering about Britain. There is much we could be accomplishing! Where hast thou been, anyway?

Colonel Cancer posted:

Yes obviously. Tell your worthless bum of a friend to buy a copy, this isn't communist russia

But there have been libraries for thousands of years.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Shamino posted:

But there have been libraries for thousands of years.

Yeah, communist libraries! Like those drat Alexandrians, and look what happened.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Arcsquad12 posted:

There was the time he accused all of the critics of his lovely star wars book of being homophobes because a handful of chuds took umbrage with one of his characters being gay. Therefore in his mind all criticism of his crappy writing about herky jerky tie fighters was invalid.

Being woke is as susceptible to being co opted as anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

A Grand Egg posted:

Are there any stats re authors: I lost money that actually effected me because of piracy of my book?

https://twitter.com/delta___dawn/status/1271470482005594112