Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Reach right into the fridge and grab one out. Give it a good rinse in the sink. I don't even loving bother peeling that thing, I chomp it down like Bugs Bunny listening to hot improvisational jazz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

carrots are good op

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

World War Mammories posted:

carrots are good op

AWWWW HELLS YEAH!!! :woop::siren::woop::siren:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Thread is off to a badass start.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
thats loving cool man

sometimes i just start crying

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

20 Blunts posted:

thats loving cool man

sometimes i just start crying

Oh...uh...that's too...too bad....

:ohno:

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

:same:

Also love slices of cucumber with way too much salt and pepper on them. This has replaced potato chips for me.

AMA

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
dang that carrot is struttin its stuff!

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

You know, I can, uhhh, eat a peachcarrot for hours

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Carrots are delicious. I love them with hummus or guacamole.

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

my wife cooks a stir fry almost daily and likes to add carrots. she adds them in the middle so they end up with a supple texture.

i like to add carrots to a pot roast and they end up pretty much like the potatoes, soft and tasty.

my pallet has expanded massively since i've been an adult but the consistency of the carrots in my wifes stir fry or hot pot are just too dense.

maybe i should just force myself to bugs bunny that poo poo instead of telling her to hold the carrots. the stir fry/rice is amazing otherwise.

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

Helps you see better OP

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

no pubes yet sorry posted:

my wife cooks a stir fry almost daily and likes to add carrots. she adds them in the middle so they end up with a supple texture.

i like to add carrots to a pot roast and they end up pretty much like the potatoes, soft and tasty.

my pallet has expanded massively since i've been an adult but the consistency of the carrots in my wifes stir fry or hot pot are just too dense.

maybe i should just force myself to bugs bunny that poo poo instead of telling her to hold the carrots. the stir fry/rice is amazing otherwise.

nah shes just not doing it right, she should just shave carrots if she wants to add them to stir fries uncooked. otherwise you should really parcook them.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

I'm glad to see a carrot thread finally in GBS

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

The Walrus posted:

nah shes just not doing it right, she should just shave carrots if she wants to add them to stir fries uncooked. otherwise you should really parcook them.

she shaves them, i may have been off on the "middle of the cooktime" idea. she just has this chinese ideal of veg not being obliterated by stewing etc. she likes the broccoli crunchy, the carrots snappy and the sichaun pepper whole.

i'm getting there. she eats pizza now though so shes prob on a slippery slope.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I eat them constantly

Celery is bitter, I used to eat it all the time but its so hit or miss I stopped.
Carrots are my main diet food, I mean thank God for them, so many times I use them to satisfy my oral fixation because no dick :shrug:

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP
Posting on the forums is great because most of the time you can type out whatever you want and then post it

Stooge
Aug 27, 2018

does adding hummus to carrot make it unhealthy

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
The first amendment says you can do whatever you want at any time for no reason!!

edit: pass it on!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Literally A Person you are my food angel. Previously you got me on the tofu train. Now I'm gonna start dipping baby carrots in guacamole for a snack (credit for the assist to CDTB).

Can't wait to find out what you inspire me to eat next!

Stooge
Aug 27, 2018

Jawdins posted:

The first amendment says you can do whatever you want at any time for no reason!!

I am going to exercise my first amendment rights to not pass this on

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

Spinz posted:

Celery is bitter, I used to eat it all the time but its so hit or miss I stopped.

celery is only good for exemplifying capillary action via sticking a stalk in some food colored water.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

no pubes yet sorry posted:

celery is only good for exemplifying capillary action via sticking a stalk in some food colored water.

Pffffft

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Stooge posted:

does adding hummus to carrot make it unhealthy

Yes, but it's not that bad as long as you eat them in moderation.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Harry was an average man who came home to an average family each night after working an average job. It was only on the weekend when the spectacular occurred. Outside his average home, Harry maintained a garden most exquisite. Arugula, cherry tomatoes, white strawberries and more. Though Harry didn't care much for cooking or dining, the act of growing life where once none existed gave Harry a certain drive and purpose like nothing else could. Though he believed that he loved his wife, she was merely adequate, like all other things in Harry's life.

As Harry pulled into the driveway one evening, he happened upon a suited man on his doorstep conversing with his wife, whose face looked flush. Now Harry was no fool but he was also somewhat of a coward. The man was exceedingly tall. As the man turned and began walking away from Harry's home, he took a moment to grin and tip his hat towards Harry's cowed form, still stuck inside the automobile, before walking off.

Now safe within the confines of his garden, Harry stood with a pack of carrot seeds. His wife insisted that nothing untoward had happened with the tall gentleman. A mere salesman, she had said, who happened to notice the garden while passing by and wanted to offer a rare type of vegetable that could be grown. While this seemed rather unlikely in Harry's mind, he decided that the certain way to find out was to simply plant the seeds and observe the whatever dubiously exotic plant sprang forth.

A month later, the carrots were flourishing. They were growing oddly fast, but this fact alone did not alarm Harry. No, what was most alarming was the one carrot, whose size put all its brethren to shame. It's enormity was breathtaking, and caused Harry to forcibly remind himself that it was just simply a plant. He would wait to harvest. Maybe the one will grow big enough for Harry to get entered into a records book. He would like that. He could see it now in his mind, a picture of Harry the Master Gardener and his astounding record shattering carrot, next to an entry for the world's most dangerously infamous vending machine. His fantasy was shattered when his wife called his name from the door. Harry irritably turned towards her and was startled by the strange look on her face. Why was she looking at him like that, he wondered. But, no. She wasn't looking at him. She was gazing at his carrot.

Harry observed with awe and horror as the one continued to become larger. It began to seemingly subsume its sibling carrots, which would disappear overnight. Eventually there was only the one. Harry decided that the rest of his garden was now in danger of this monstrosity and began efforts to uproot it. As he dug into dirt, he noticed that the one was not of normal shape for a typical carrot. Harry unearthed its sides and found what looked to be arms shooting off from the sides. He was thus not completely surprised when two legs also emerged. The one now lay completely naked in the dirt before him. Harry felt the distinct urge to bring it indoors, to give it the shelter that it needed and deserved, but logic eventually tossed this idea aside. What would be the point? He brought out a tarp and covered the one. A decision could be made tomorrow evening.

The one was constantly on Harry's mind and little work was accomplished at his office. He decided to simply duck out early and claim illness. When Harry arrived home, he immediately went to the garden. The tarp lay flat on the dirt, with the one simply gone. His mind was gripped by fear and panic and his hands would not be still. He dashed back inside, searching the kitchen. The wife must be to blame. By God, if she butchered the one Harry would take drastic action. Still finding no sign of carrot, Harry sprinted upstairs and crashed through the bedroom door, ready to accuse. His unclothed wife and the one were fiercely scissoring on the bed. Epithets and curses streamed from Harry's mouth. Jezebel. HARLOT. Harry separated the two and seized his wife with strength he never had before. She tried to explain, but he would have none of it and promptly threw her in the bathroom and locked her within.

Harry turned towards the one, ignoring the soft cries coming from the bathroom. Unforgivable, Harry thought as his hands once again balled with rage. But the one continued to lie there, waiting with its legs apart, its fronds settling delicately on its orange shoulders. Harry, it said. Come forth. Come, Harry. And so he did.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
i like carrots too :shobon: they taste good and surprisingly sweet. they're poo poo when you cook em though, unless you only cook em a little bit...but then what's the point! just eat them raw and save yourself the effort!

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Your carrot needs some Nair.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
whats your guys fave carrot recipe? mine is:

raw carrot - take carrot and eat

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
DID U KNOW!

you can make cake out of carrots. its crazy but its true

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

You eat a parrot???

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Bardeh posted:

DID U KNOW!

you can make cake out of carrots. its crazy but its true

The secret Big Cake DOESN'T want you to know!

Pahilla the Hun
Jul 24, 2007

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

what’s the deal with parsnips are they carrots? of the carrot family? asking for a friend tia

(i’m a carrot man, myself)

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Floodixor posted:

Posting on the forums is great because most of the time you can type out whatever you want and then post it

+1 :yeah:

Chomp8645 posted:

Literally A Person you are my food angel. Previously you got me on the tofu train. Now I'm gonna start dipping baby carrots in guacamole for a snack (credit for the assist to CDTB).

Can't wait to find out what you inspire me to eat next!

Just doing my part, Citizen!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Sometimes I just eat that carrot rear end

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Parsnips are carrots yea.
I mean they're carrot-like but basically same thing. They're tougher than carrots and have sort of a blander, yet more earthy flavor to them. Like if carrots, potatoes, and a black peppercorn had a 3 some and had a boring baby.

We grew these for a few years (pic not mine)

Wow.
They're just like regular carrots but red. Anyhow carrots are only orange now because the dutch bred them to be orange to be fancy and they got popular and then that's all people grew for so long that most people forgot or didn't care about other colors that's why you never see 'em at the store in other shades but they come in red and purple and white and poo poo whatever you want homie the world is your carrot really

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Big Beef City posted:

Parsnips are carrots yea.
I mean they're carrot-like but basically same thing.

We grew these for a few years (pic not mine)

Wow.
They're just like regular carrots but red. Anyhow carrots are only orange now because the dutch bred them to be orange to be fancy and they got popular and then that's all people grew for so long that most people forgot or didn't care about other colors that's why you never see 'em at the store in other shades but they come in red and purple and white and poo poo whatever you want homie the world is your carrot really

Ooooo we also grow red carrots. And purps. Also, red-cored. Oh and royal Chantenay. We grow a fuckle-load of carrots.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

those red cored ones are good if I remember right, we grew those once a while back.
We've got good soil for them here and they grow without stunting or splitting but they don't really, like, get proportionally big, it's weird. Perfectly shaped and stuff just always relatively small it seems like

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Big Beef City posted:

those red cored ones are good if I remember right, we grew those once a while back.
We've got good soil for them here and they grow without stunting or splitting but they don't really, like, get proportionally big, it's weird. Perfectly shaped and stuff just always relatively small it seems like

Well the red-cored I know of are a chantenay variety which means usually no more than about 5 or 6" tops.

The Cockler
Mar 31, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Jawdins posted:

i think there's also something in there about protecting the right to assign arbitrary meaning to personal or historical events through shared cultural references but you gotta have money for that one to help you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i like to take a carrot and saute it with butter and thyme