Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Last time I went in Washington was ok. Wanted to switch license to enhanced edition for the real ID requirements. Their website is well maintained and had a list of all the stuff I needed to bring.

Got there maybe fifteen minutes before they opened and there was a line but not too bad. Inside the door was a guy directing traffic and answering quick questions, which was smart to make sure people didn't go to wrong section. Once inside needed to go to maybe two windows, and the woman who processed my forms was super nice. Overall maybe an hour total.

I also appreciate they send email reminders if your tabs or license are about to expire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

"I didn't fight a secret war in Nicaragua so you can walk these streets of freedom bad mouthing lady America, in your damn mirrored su
In my state, we have to go to the DMV every 10 years in order to retake the eye exam and get a new drivers license picture. I believe your license expires after 5 years, but it can be renewed once by mail. I work with a lot of people from outside the U.S. and their main complaint about applying for a drivers license is that there can be a two month wait for a slot to take the driving exam.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
OP, the tedious and soul-crushing place you're looking for where your will-to-live is inversely proportional to your frustration is the "post office."

Re DL renewals - in Arizona, they are good for 30 (!!) years. Mine expires in 2047, I'm sure I'll looking exactly the same by then :clint: