Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

The woman who helped me at the DMV last time made the experience weird. I was sitting there for an hour before I got called and this lady was really nice to everybody else. I finally get called up, no big deal, playing games on my phone for an hour isn’t the worst. The DMV lady looks through my paperwork, and mentions she knows my boss when looking at my pay stub. She evidently does not like my boss.

I got an enhanced ID and she tried to talk me out of it. I said no, I really do want the enhanced. She sighed and said something about she hoped I was able to afford it. I am just silent trying to get the gently caress out of there because DMV and its like $20 and its weird. And back at that time I hoped to go on vacation some day and fly to exotic places.

We get to the photo and she goes “look here” and points to a sign that basically says “look here.” I do. She says “no, look here” pointing at the same sign. She snaps the photo. On my ID I am making the stupidest face ever. A combo of “huh” and “wtf”. Its a hilariously bad photo.

I want to know what my boss ever did to this lady. I have been working for my boss for almost 20 years and she is not a person who picks fights afaik. Maybe she does at the DMV?

Thanks for reading my exciting DMV story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

LabyaMynora posted:

This reminds me of the last time I had to renew my license, which included doing a new photo. I looked towards the camera naturally, and the lady was like, "Tilt your head down," so I did a little. And then she's like, "No, tilt your head down more, keep going, keep going, okay." I wasn't ostrich necking for the photo or anything, so I feel awkward, and I immediately know this isn't right when she snaps the photo. I don't get to see it until 20 minutes later when they issue my new card and the photo looks like I'm trying to make myself look like a frog or something - like when Ricky Gervais used to make weird faces in his bathtub and post it to twitter.

People who work at the DMV are weird motherfuckers who get their jollies in the dumbest loving ways.

I wonder if they have a contest, like who can make someone look the worst in their ID photo. They post the worst ones in the lunchroom and vote every month. Mine would be up there for sure.

That actually sounds kind of fun, so if that is what is going on, good for the DMVers I guess