Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

Private Cumshoe posted:

I tried to make myself no longer an organ donor last time at the DMV and they just ignored me, my license still says "DONOR", someones gonna steal my organs lmao

mine does too, I'm up for renewal like, next year? if I'm at the point it matters I wouldn't care. but I won't change it. jokes on you, harvesters! this poo poo is hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

oh, and that poo poo is probably worse than you expect. when my wife died, the only thing they wanted was her skin and her eyes . she was a donor, they looked it over, that's what they wanted.

and I had to sign a form saying that I was cool with that. (I didn't exactly.)

I got in an argument with some geriatric rear end in a top hat hospital cop dude. and I was not okay with it, in that moment. about this less than an hour after she died. so. I hope most hospitals handle it a little nicer.

what I'm saying is, it's not really the virtuous thing you'd expect, at least from my limited experience. I'm not making any of this up, this is what they hit me with while she was still dead and still warm. It's not conspiracy poo poo, I lived through this.

The Breakfast Sampler fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jun 13, 2020

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

SilvergunSuperman posted:

idgi, organs going to needy people, the whole thing is a bit ghoulish in general but I don't think SKIN and EYES are weirder than HEART or LIVER.

probably, but the whole thing is so procedural that for the medical system it's squeezing fruit at a market. open casket wasn't an option; they were legally allowed to do whatever they wanted to (as it was explained to me.) I was very forcefully told that that could do whatever they wanted to, because she was a donor.

there's a difference between a necessary cremation that you didn't sign up for and an open casket which you might have. not that I wanted either. there is a difference. I hope you enjoyed this, and I hope you never have to deal with it. gently caress you. for the distinction, I mean. don't demean people's experiences for details like that. really, the point stands, why would you split hairs like this?

The Breakfast Sampler fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jun 13, 2020