Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I need more Jennifer Connelly in my life so they better loving figure something out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Remember being done filming isn’t the same as finishing post-production. If they are cost cutting or tax writing off they will slam dunk the footage into a trash can.

This particular era of tv and entertainment is really loving frustrating.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
It's been nearly three months and no updates that I can see. Apparently the official social medias have been recently updated to say season 4 is 'coming soon'?

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

OldMemes posted:

It's been nearly three months and no updates that I can see. Apparently the official social medias have been recently updated to say season 4 is 'coming soon'?

Its done filming and it got thrown in the trash

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

I want to watch this trash.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Last we heard they were shopping it around to other networks.

They might also have to wait for some clause to expire before it can be aired

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

DamnGlitch posted:

Remember being done filming isn’t the same as finishing post-production. If they are cost cutting or tax writing off they will slam dunk the footage into a trash can.

This particular era of tv and entertainment is really loving frustrating.

I really want something to change legally to stop this taxpayer grift. Dodging taxes by sabotaging your own company is insane.

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer
I hope that because of the Strike and productions shutting down, someone will look and recognize that there's an unaired, fully complete season ready to go.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I want to know how bad it was that they canned it despite being done

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

ilmucche posted:

I want to know how bad it was that they canned it despite being done

I don’t think thats the case here, its just companies being allowed to do crazy stupid poo poo

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

I’m sure it wasn’t great if the last season was any indication, but it was not finished for tax write off reasons, not any kind of critical concerns.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
the quality halved with every season

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

tokin opposition posted:

the quality halved with every season

This cannot be true because there are zero ice mutants in the first season.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Anyone missing Snowpiercer should check out Silo on Apple TV+. It’s a very similar show, though with a higher production budget!

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
...and is also airing (sic), unlike Snowpiercer.

At least Miracle Workers S4 finally got a new start date, where's Th' 'Piercer?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Miracle Workers only got one because they accidentally aired the first episode or put it up somewhere meaning they couldn’t do the tax thing on it

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Never even thought of that, but it makes so much sense given the "new fad" :rolleyes: of disappearing shows.

A reminder that capitalists can't make money unless the govt is jizzing taxpayer cash over them, and it all collapses when the spigot is turned off.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
It has been reported on all the major media entertainment sites that AMC has picked up Snowpiercer. It will add seasons 1-3 to its AMC+ subscription service later this year and air season 4 on AMC in 2025!

Esoter1c
Jul 18, 2007
Do you know me?
Just saw that, great news, finally!

https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/snowpiercer-season-4-amc-premiere-date-tnt-1235942045/

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Nice. I was quite annoyed by it being left as an unfinished story.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
The impossible happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
Since it's still an ITV co-production, hopefully it stays on Netflix in the UK, or at least moves to ITVX.

I've been reading the comics recently. Volume 1 is really French and 80s, it's got a really gritty tone and style, with the train slowly falling apart. Volume 2 follows a different train, a mostly new cast and adds more sci-fi elements. It's more narratively and morally complex than Volume 1, but I preferred the art style of the first. Volume 3 is a sequel to the film (apparently the comic and the film are canon to each other) and it gets really wierd, but still compelling.