Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Open Source Idiom posted:

In season 3 news: Archie Panjabi's joining the show as a regular for Season 3, and the character's meant to be a top secret role, which I think suggests we're moving beyond the confines of the two trains. I wouldn't normally spoiler news like that, but it's pretty easy to read some future events from the show off the implication of the casting.

That's not how I read the end of the film. Doesn't the symbolic appearance by the polar bear right at the end of the film suggest that there's still hope?

Well Unless the kids find shelter and food they're basically dead. There's no real salvaging anything from the train and the odds of finding a place to bunker down aside the ruined pieces of train not on fire is virtually nil. So yeah, them some dead kids but the Earth will carry on and one day recover.

The TV show is awesome, Sean Bean plays the threat so drat well you really want to see what's coming to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
That was a great episode, mostly because we got to see so much of various characters that expanded them beyond the role they normally played. Look at Ruth, who didn't think she would immediately join with Wilford only for her to prove she's loyal to the train and it's people, she genuinely cares about both and will do what she can, I can see why she's frustrated with Layton not trusting her where she might actually be the most trustworthy person to have supporting him if he let her. She's become one of my favourite characters. Then you got Pike who is traumatized and feels he owns Layton but really doesn't want to kill anyone, he does it out of a sense of debt and it's bothering him, hence why he gave the guy a knife for a fair chance. Pike shaving his head and beard shows he's in a bad place and depending on what happens if he ends up revealing Layton had him kill that might throw things upside down costing Layton his leadership role. Finally we had Bob, big scarred scary Bob and.......he's a nice guy? Okay did not see that coming at all. He's been put through hell and hates to see anyone else suffer, that's clear. It's interesting that he didn't rat Josie out, you got to wonder how many people on Big Alice really like Wilford or are following him simply out of fear, I'm going with the latter. It might be the case he has more loyal supporters on Snowpiercer than he does on Big Alice, if he died those on his end would likely cheer and be happy. You know, Return of the Jedi type ewok type celebration going on. Agreed with everyone else, it's the priest that's behind things, that's a given after this latest episode. The Breachmen were a red herring both for us and Layton, Wilford is very much up to something on that end and it involves Bob. So why have the breach men killed? First I thought he was going to have Bob go and kill Melanie out in the cold, now I believe he's going to have Bob cross the top of the train to the front and attempt to breach it, kill the engineers and take control with a little rewiring. Wilford might have been worried that Layton through hook or crook might get the breach men to counter Bob and wanted them removed to eliminate the possibility. That and his real supporters are simply waiting for the take over to begin before striking and no one has a clue.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Feb 24, 2021

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
They might have several hives and separated them to see if they could get them to make a comeback and isolate any that might have been infected or failing.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I really want to see Bob join the other side and stay as a cast member, he could add so much now that we've seen another side of him. Almost everyone on Big Alice don't appear to be bad people except for Wilford himself, at worse the rest appear to be captivated by Wilfords cult of personality as it were. They certainly don't seem any worse than some people on Snowpiercer that we've seen.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I don't know how anyone can think the Aussie woman has eyes for anyone but the Aussie guy. That was made extremely clear.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

xerxus posted:

I think I got Wilford's plan.

The Breachmen are widely known to be Wilford supporters. The blame will automatically be placed on Layton. Wilford will next cause a disaster uptrain which requires the Brechmen and will signal to the train that Layton is not qualified to rule because he had them murdered based on political beliefs. This will turn the second and third class passengers against Layton.

Oh this is good, so very good. That's probably it.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I view Laytons situation to be one where it's easier be to a revolution leader compared to being the actually leader of everyone. That's much more daunting and includes so much more that it can be overwhelming. Heavy is the brow that wears the crown and all that.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
If Layton was smart he would do something rather drastic and bold.

He'd make a council.

Have himself, people like Ruth and the security leader on it. Melanie as well to help represent the first class and thus putting pressure on Wilford.

Maybe the department heads would all have a vote.

That way no one person could be fault or hold sway.

But I suppose everyone enjoys someone they view as a true leader don't they. How many elections have been lost and won due to the main person running. Many.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
The drawers are really a great way to put a character out of the picture but leaving the possibility that they can return later.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

And like that I suddenly support Mr. Wilford's glorious reign.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Hakkesshu posted:

We still haven't gotten to that Melanie scene from a few eps ago! It seems like things are going to get worse before they get better!

Should be next episode, they were about two hours away from her or seemed to be according to dialogue said. Guess we know the brakes get thrown on Big Alice hence the sparks/fire.

GABA ghoul posted:

Idgi, why did Wilford need Icy Bob for the sabotage? Looks like any trained person in a space suit could have done it. Surely Big Alice must have breachmen or could train some?

Because break men can't be out too long, even with suits. Travelling the full length of Snowpiercer and the trains to Big Alice is quite the journey, a journey moving at full speed, with freezing snow and ice. We saw what condition Icy Bob was in when he made it back and it looked like he barely made it happen. It's why they were increasing his tolerance to the outside. No ordinary person could do it, they probably wouldn't make it a third of the way. Remember you got to kinda climb atop the train like the sole breakman did during this episode.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
It was red so it signalled Wilford was in charge I believe, you know the red lanterns and all.

Fun little question.

Who else might Wilford have in the drawers? Even before the train actually left.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I've been wondering what Wilford will do that's so bad enough that eventually the train will turn on him.

Guessing a series of events will start happening, he'll try to put a stop to it and his heavy handed ways backfire after people realize, holy poo poo, this guy is loving mad.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I suddenly got a hankering for some baby ribs.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Loved the last two episodes.

So much went down and it's going to be crazy to see where next season goes.

Someone already said Jennifer Connelly will appear next season but I'm going with she'll be a hallucination of what characters are thinking/feeling, most likely taunting Wilfred with his failures.

Poor Javier, the man was the MVP that allowed everything to happen as it did, sadly he paid for it in a horrible way.

Ruth continues to shine, she's got a lot to her and seeing her change as the show has gone on is a treat, when she says she cares about the passengers you know she means it. Yeah she's done bad things, but it only adds to the layers of her character. Most people are not purely good or evil, they can do both.

Was surprised by the revelation that Josie is even more capable in the cold than Bob! The way those scientist are going you almost half expect them to make it so people can survive the cold outside fully, but I will pose this question. What happens to characters that can thrive in the cold when the world heats up? Might not be a good thing for them. Can't help but feel Josie will end up with Bob walking off some day.

Up until now I was trying to figure out if Audrey was playing the long con on Wilfred waiting for her moment to make the most of a betrayal but we clearly see what the truth is.

You know next season with how this one ended off is going to have Wilfred going on a rampage, we already saw the train more like the movie version, next season it might be entirely there.

We certainly know he plans to Cut down on the population.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

Is this the evilest Sean Bean has ever been?

also:

When you've won you kinda want to toot your own horn and rub it in others faces.

I mean what's the point otherwise?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
It's easy to tell that the people on Big Alice fear Wilford more than anything and those loyal follow him due to any privileges that might give them if not the fear of losing their spot of importance. We are talking about a guy who killed half of the people on it because he decided it needed to happen. Once they saw half of the people killed the rest were going to be scared into submission knowing there is no alternative other than keeping your head down, keeping your mouth shut and doing the best you can to survive because there is only the train or a frigid death. I'm sure that some people stood up against the killings when it was about to begin but only succeeded in getting themselves killed in the process which made others stay in line.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
The movie is on and got to say they really did an outstanding job by showing you how lovely the tail end was, everything dirty, dingy and reused a hundred times over. They did a bang up job with that.

Oh and the security guard that gets shanked near the start looks like Oily Bob in a normal state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
The impossible happened.