Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

veni veni veni posted:

Ftr I loving hate dancing emotes in games they annoy the hell out of me.

They were cool in UC2 because they were just little short taunts added in for a laugh. As soon as they became these complex meme-laden pop culture reference animations I checked the gently caress out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
UC3 and 4 had guns you could buy that were clearly better than the free ones.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Dina vs Abby - a different kind of showdown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1LvBChRJOk

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I'm late but just wanted to say this is easily my game of the year and one of my fav games ever, despite not usually liking this borderline horror genre or zombie games in general.

Trying to enjoy watch dogs afterwards is impossible.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I'm late but just wanted to say this is easily my game of the year and one of my fav games ever, despite not usually liking this borderline horror genre or zombie games in general.

Trying to enjoy watch dogs afterwards is impossible.

I had never played anything close to horror/zombie stuff before TLOU1 but Naughty Dog was making it so I had to get it. I played in like one-hour stretches because the tension just kept getting to me (either the combat or the story beats), but by god I made it through and it was easily my favourite game that generation. I don't know if TLOU2 is tops this time, but that's only because there are SO many great games this time around. it's a masterpiece for sure

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

morallyobjected posted:

I had never played anything close to horror/zombie stuff before TLOU1 but Naughty Dog was making it so I had to get it. I played in like one-hour stretches because the tension just kept getting to me (either the combat or the story beats), but by god I made it through and it was easily my favourite game that generation. I don't know if TLOU2 is tops this time, but that's only because there are SO many great games this time around. it's a masterpiece for sure

Yeah I did the same. Bought it in August and just recently finished it.

I'm very familiar with Seattle (spent 30 years in Vancouver and visited about 30 times) so that was also cool. They really nailed the dampness of the PNW, something I hated.

Was confused where the scar island was supposed to be though. Apparently the northern suburbs got permanently flooded at some point?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

The combination of extended player tension, incredible environments, and like zero load times gives something like 2LOU a unique conundrum of being a game that's hard to endure and yet simultaneously hard to put down. Not many (if any) games deliver that same kind of experience.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

And then they go and add a gigantic patch full of what would be called cheat codes and the ability to turn off the film grain like two months afterwards

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Was confused where the scar island was supposed to be though. Apparently the northern suburbs got permanently flooded at some point?

yeah, the area south and east of the Space Needle is all underwater at this point, basically, I think

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

article on the rat king

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

okay i laughed at the end

https://twitter.com/AbbyStanAccount/status/1321881826403778560

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVQcZa4O01A

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Rad.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

A great summary of the entire bullshit chud internet controversy.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah thats the best Dunkey video in a very long time and I think he has all the right takes here, good stuff.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
lmao at the praise for Days Gone as a masterpiece of storytelling. gotta have that "straight white protagonist". straight white males have been kept out of games for too long!!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZftX8l1HYFs

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Nov 10, 2020

acksplode
May 17, 2004

"you're gonna kill which dogs?"

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

acksplode posted:

"you're gonna kill which dogs?"

lol

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

worth reposting from the other thread

https://www.gamesradar.com/amp/the-last-of-us-2-ps5-supports-haptic-feedback/?__twitter_impression=true

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

So happy I waited for PS5 to do my second playthrough. Knowing that it's 60fps and has haptic support on PS5 makes me genuinely excited to start my grounded run after I finish Demons Souls.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
How do we know its 60FPS?

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Anti-Hero posted:

they got the original up to 60 FPS on the PS4, so I don't think it's an unreasonable assumption

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Anti-Hero posted:

2LOU doesn't currently run at 60fps on the PS5. If it did the devs would've announced said optimization. I'm sure it's coming soon though.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Anti-Hero posted:

That's what someone in the PS5 thread said. I don't have a write up or anything. I assumed they were telling the truth but take it with a grain of salt. The haptics thing is confirmed though.

E:

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

2LOU doesn't currently run at 60fps on the PS5. If it did the devs would've announced said optimization. I'm sure it's coming soon though.

Ah. Maybe it was someone just seeing what they wanted to see I dunno.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Yeah no 60 FPS, that was someone getting ahead of themselves. I gave it a shot last night and framerate looked the same to my eyes.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Luckily, after decades of gaming at sub 25fps, a locked 30 renders within my brain as a form of "buttery smooth" that can't actually be improved upon.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah I like 30fps games just fine.

The haptics are the more exciting part of it to me anyways.

Cocoa Ninja
Mar 3, 2007
When I played TLOU Remastered it actually took me a minute to adjust to 60fps. I think 30fps gives an atmosphere and weight to the world, sort of like the difference between movies shot at 24fps compared to consumer video at 60fps.

If I could pick the responsiveness of 60 and the look of 30...I guess thats by definition impossible.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

My TV was faking 60fps at the beginning of the game and I didnt realize it at first. It was so sad to see those all those beautiful (fake) frames die right in front of me.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I actually am really interested in how different it will all be when ND makes a fully optimized version of 2LOU for PS5, with full haptics, 3D audio, quick load times, 60fps, etc, and dare I say multiplayer

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah I like 30fps games just fine.

The haptics are the more exciting part of it to me anyways.

Its a shame the haptics dont exist, though Id have to imagine that Naughty Dog will make good use of the controller when they do a proper update.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I think the haptics do exist tho, they just aren't fully fleshed out. I saw some blind gamer on youtube playing with accessibility features and whatnot, and he was freaking out about the haptics.

No doubt ND will be tweaking and refining it for whatever rerelease they do.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The raindrop haptics from Astroboy would feel amazing in TLoU

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Bust Rodd posted:

Like chinese water torture. It's Seattle, after all.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

I was thinking this too.

And as gross as it sounds, how amazing would it be if they used the pressure triggers when you were choking someone out and then had them release when the neck popped :v: Although I guess that would require changing the button layout.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
drat VVV, thats hosed up... I like where your head is at! The haptics will really sell factions, Jesus Christ, imagine the controller rattling as you break a wooden plank at over someones back... honestly so awesome

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lol I was googling to see if any sort of PS5 update was hinted at, and it mostly just lead to dozens of articles and even videos claiming that it uses adaptive triggers and haptics. My first thought was that Dewgy has gotta be wrong, and then I started clicking on them. Every. single. one. of them just uses the gamesradar post that appears to be written by someone who didn't understand how the haptics work as their point of reference. It's really no wonder that people think video game writers are a joke lol.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Nov 17, 2020

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

lol

proferssional rumor mongers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
TLoU2 is nominated for 10 awards at the Game Awards this year, including GOTY.

https://twitter.com/thegameawards/status/1329167702502514690?s=20

I hope it wins just because of the meltdowns some people will have.