Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Escobarbarian posted:

So now that this game is actually out and I’m playing it, can I talk about stuff in tags in this thread? I have no interest in spoiling anything big, but I’d like to mention small moments I liked, and the actual spoiler thread just seems to be people bitching about how the game is obviously terrible (it’s not)

I would say yeah. This thread is here to talk about the game. Now that it’s basically out just spoiler stuff and that seems fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Dewgy posted:

True. It’s still in desperate need of improvement though.

As another spoiler thread poster, i think that if someone's enjoying their playthough then they shouldn't risk getting spoiled on something important. It's much better to finish the game first, IMO.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ok thank you friends!!!! All I really wanted to say was that (in the first more open area) Ellie’s performance of Take On Me is beautiful.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Hello, yes, welcome all. As most people don't have the game yet all plot details should be spoiler tagged for a while. Thanks for keeping a chill mood. If you have any questions please consult the op first!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
So man this game is starting out slow but good

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop
Love to stick in the data disc, wait 30 min to install, stick in the play disc and wait for the day 1 patch to download/install

Still better than waiting a day or two to download though, the PS4 store sucks here, even though I have 100 Mbps internet

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Drunk man laying it on pretty thick here lol

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

Can someone please review the scene lol its censored in this thread scene? Do we get to see some taint or what?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Jun 19, 2020

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Game is really pretty and has the option to hold down a button instead of breaking my controller mashing during the numerous QTEs that still exist in 2020 for some reason.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
I honestly was not prepared for how this game started out at all. it got me good

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm gonna lie down and nap before playing any more because I just got to THAT THING THAT SURE DOES HAPPEN

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Holy poo poo I wonder how much money it cost to make young adults having a pash look good. Not as convincing as Home and Away but pretty darn good.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

JBP posted:

Holy poo poo I wonder how much money it cost to make young adults having a pash look good. Not as convincing as Home and Away but pretty darn good.

A real Aussie would call it rooting.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

PancakeTransmission posted:

Love to stick in the data disc, wait 30 min to install, stick in the play disc and wait for the day 1 patch to download/install

Still better than waiting a day or two to download though, the PS4 store sucks here, even though I have 100 Mbps internet

Make sure all applications (including preinstalled ones by Sony) are closed and nothing is suspended, either manually or by restarting the PS4: Store downloads are throttled as soon as anything is open. But even under optimal conditions, downloading with a 100 Mb/s connection like yours would take about two hours, and the installation process after that would take a while as well.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
sat here waiting for the post man to send me to hell. comeeee oooon.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

DancingShade posted:

A real Aussie would call it rooting.

It was far from rooting. Unless there is some rooting coming up. I'll judge it on its merits.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Dina is great

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

Got my copy in the post this morning, game is installed but I can't play until I finish work in 5 hours :(

Noirex
May 30, 2006

One of the safe codes was 0451 :3:

Also, explore everywhere, found lots of cool stuff in the first big open-ish area.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?
Don't leave the open world-ish area before you have found everything in it, btw.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Pennfalath posted:

Don't leave the open world-ish area before you have found everything in it, btw.

Nice tip thanks. I tend to rush things a bit.

Awesome thing I found while exploring is a guitar with which to play A-Ha :)

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
They made it impossible to drop a bottle to pick up a brick. Does this mean bricks and bottles are now equal?

Anyway, I just finished Remastered, so the 30FPS was a little jarring at first. About three hours in and I don't notice it any more. Winter was pretty dreary, but the woods outside Seattle look incredible.

Plot stuff: I have a strong suspicion the WLF are Firefly-affiliated, and that Tommy went off on his own because he thought bringing Ellie along would lead to her discovering The Truth.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

This horse is constantly scaring the poo poo out me lol

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Krazyface posted:

Plot stuff: I have a strong suspicion the WLF are Firefly-affiliated,

I just assumed this was the case as soon as they appeared and were like we have to get him

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

One of the characters havingy Saints Row lady's voice is really loving with me.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

PancakeTransmission posted:

I just assumed this was the case as soon as they appeared and were like we have to get him

Some of the things they said made me think it was about Joel's pre-TLOU1 gang days, but they left Tommy alive, so I assume that's not it

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Pennfalath posted:

I spent ages on it and thought I did everything but then looked at trophies later on and realised I hadn’t, checked out an article online and I think I only missed one area :( and it wasn’t the one you’d expect either, just a random building

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Started on hard, since heard listening mode is still on survivor, will skip over that if/when grounded comes out, assuming its like the first game.

Anyone else further in, give me a reason a put it up to survivor soonish.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'm on hard. If you want to go loud and Big Boss some dudes you can go right ahead. I don't have many bullets, but I've got enough. A patrol surprised me at a door (had my mind on another patrol I was trying to avoid or flank), Ellie has the skills to grab a mook and waste anyone in line of sight.

E: hung up my shiv in sight of the tv station. I like that every single meticulous plan in this game is a Walter Sobchak special.

Also I think I got all the buildings in the open area but I'm not that worried about missing them. You've got all the time in the world I guess, but there's this nice implied pressure to move forward that I'm enjoying. The combat is fine for the most part but it still skirts that situation where you're meant to be spooked, but you're also deadlier than a platoon of marines.

JBP fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Jun 19, 2020

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

JBP posted:

I'm on hard. If you want to go loud and Big Boss some dudes you can go right ahead. I don't have many bullets, but I've got enough. A patrol surprised me at a door (had my mind on another patrol I was trying to avoid or flank), Ellie has the skills to grab a mook and waste anyone in line of sight.

Yeah thats what i was i thinking, might wanna go loud depending on emotions on first go rather than having to stealth on 1 bullet, thats fun but cam get frustrating.

Also uhh at a very early revelation started playing as the character from the 2nd trailer, getting big (good) mgs2 raiden vibes (mainly cos i know nothing about her) also the obvious theory we've all had seems shot to poo poo hahah. Thought for sure thats what they were doing, even more so when i looked at how the steelbook is designed

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

So far Dina has been way more of an annoyance than actual help during fights. At one point she was crouched right in front of a window I was trying to vault through, and I got killed because I just kept jumping at her like an idiot and got spotted

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

404notfound posted:

So far Dina has been way more of an annoyance than actual help during fights. At one point she was crouched right in front of a window I was trying to vault through, and I got killed because I just kept jumping at her like an idiot and got spotted

I had this happen once but I've found that she caps enemies when appropriate and if you want to cause a ruckus and draw a bunch of zombies she will act as a diversion or clear you. I've actually been pretty impressed with her usefulness.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

FallenGod posted:

Game is really pretty and has the option to hold down a button instead of breaking my controller mashing during the numerous QTEs that still exist in 2020 for some reason.

This feature is also present in TLOU Remastered. And probably UC4.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

lol big early game spoilers but is that...a working FULL BC ps3? jackpot baby. but why are the controllers plugged in? those batteries can last 20 years compared the ds4's but it makes me wonder what the other game is, cos i cant tell, obviously the top one is uncharted 2

i like they did it properly too unlike in left behind, where you can tell thats a ps4 but its some kinda knock off looking thing, which just made it weirder, all things considered

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/ShadowPowerup/status/1273951956021792772?s=20

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

Bonaventure posted:

the revelation that the reason Ellie is immune to the fungus is that she’s actually a pre-apocalypse experimental robot called LE-9 was a bit much, but I enjoyed the brutal battle royale against the eight prototype LE units

Shadow: "Comparing yourself to me... ha! You're not even good enough to be my fake."
Ellie: "I'll make you eat those words!"

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
Am I the only person who plays all Naughty Dog games on Easy? I'm playing this game for the plot, not the combat.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Veeg plays all games on easy, so you're not alone. I feel like higher difficulty adds something to the overall mood of TLOU, but it's not like you're missing plot beats by de-emphasizing combat, so go ahead and enjoy it your way :)

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
First 30 minutes spoiler:

I'm playing this unspoiled and just got through to the intro where Abby and Owen see the city.

The city rules. Abby has bad intentions. I asked, "can't I just throw her off a cliff now a few times since she's gonna do something bad?" and so I did. She got a trio of attestupa and then, bloodlust sated, I moved on.

I'm sure this will end up being the wrong call later when she turns out to be decent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Just got to Seattle so I guess the game has actually started now.

Pretty insane how good it looks and runs even on a regular Slim. Mine isn't even getting loud and I haven't seen the frame rate drop once