Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

If you consider that real life epilogue play they did, Ellie doesn't seem distant from Joel and that maybe she's over it. Unless she's got her feelings about it bottled up.

It was called Last of Us One Night Live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

I'm disappointed that there isn't any kind of score or rank to aim for in Encounters. Its just there to replay battles outside of doing the campaign again.

Its a videogame, let me have some fun and play a horde mode where I can run around as any character model I choose. Like let me play as one of the generic scars if I want, Uncharted style.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

What I liked most about TLOU Factions was that I could ignore all the weapons and just concentrate on playing as support. All I used was the basic starter pistol and I would start every match spriniting to supply caches so I could craft like crazy and then unload gifts to my teammates like Santa Claus. Id also constantly mark enemies.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

TLOU 2 Factions needs a respawnable dog partner so I can pretend I'm a gross wolf or seraphite who thinks he's Shinobi from Shadow Dancer.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

There are some terrible things I'm about to mention. I don't know how to go about it lightly or gently.

I went into the game without reading any of the leaked spoiler stuff, so I thought the games plot was going to be a rape revenge story. Dina gets raped while Ellie is also beaten and forced to watch.

I'm basing this off of the trailers showing Ellies back being bruised up and her being held down. I should have known better, considering that its a AAA game made by a first party studio. Naughty Dog doesn't have the balls to do it.

When TLOU2 was described as being about "hate" I imagined the worst possible scenario that would fuel revenge and anger. Joel dieing is a terrible thing but its safe.

Its very stupid of myself to think that any mainstream videogame would tackle that kind of content. They won't. And I completely understand. There's no easy way to talk about rape movies like I Spit On Your Grave or Last House. Just the subject matter alone makes me feel like I can't bring these films up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

I still think Naughty Dog are cowards for not doing the story I was hoping for. :argh: I'm joking

Is it fair to say that Abby being playable was the same kind of outta nowhere surprise that Metal Gear Solid 2 did with Snake and Raiden?

I noticed that when Manny surprises Abby from behind before you do the Tommy Sniper part, I could have sworn in a preview they were Ellie and Joel instead?

Is Abby being playable even considered a spoiler?