Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I might have hosed myself over a bit - it seems like once you go through the gate before the hotel, you can not go back to the "open" Seattle area again, or at least it seems like it. So make sure you search everything there before progressing the plot.

ymgve fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jun 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

PancakeTransmission posted:

I just assumed this was the case as soon as they appeared and were like we have to get him

Some of the things they said made me think it was about Joel's pre-TLOU1 gang days, but they left Tommy alive, so I assume that's not it

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Escobarbarian posted:

Yeah a lot of moments in this game are really nice and likeable and not miserable at all. The (end of Seattle day 1) flashback to Joel and Ellie going to the dinosaur museum is absolutely wonderful.

Yeah, holy poo poo that section was great. I want to play a full Naughty Dog's Museum Tour game

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
It's probably just me being weird, but I find it kinda icky how you're stealth killing both infected and non-infected in the same way, like there's no difference between them, they are just obstacles to eliminate. Would have liked a non-lethal way to take out non-infected people, in TLOU1 it was at least somewhat ambiguous if you killed them or just choked them out.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

veni veni veni posted:

17 hours in and I am yet to spot the space needle.

I’m assuming that, unless I am just blind and it’s been there all along it has fallen and ends up being a location in the game.

The scale of the game i supposedly pretty accurate, so the space needle is much further away than you’d think

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
The bad writing is the number of times my character opens a door/drops down in a cutscene and woah! There was a zombie there! after I’ve cleared an area like a ninja

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Seedge posted:

There's no way that character would get surprised in a cutscene! They should have used the Totally Real Power Of Hearing Through Solid Walls To See Enemy Silhouettes to avoid it! PLOTHOOOOOLE

It does get a bit absurd how many times a cutscene starts with you going through a narrow passage or noisily opening a door, just to be ambushed.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Seedge posted:

It's always worth remembering that Listen mode is purely a gameplay conceit and it's absolutely fine if people get ambushed while doing something else.

Yeah, but after the third time your main character really should be like "Narrow passage? Better throw a nail bomb down there first just to be safe."

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Seedge posted:

Oh dear, the noise of the explosion brought an army of infected down on you! Now you're ambushed!

That, or you blow yourself up when a random infected catches you and the bomb at the same time.

I would prefer that to the fifth instance of "grabbed straight at the start of the cutscene" in the game, honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

JBP posted:

What are the regressive mistakes this game makes?

The main one that people complain about is a trans character that exists just to have a tragic trans storyline, also the bad guys deadname them

For those of you that have seen all the pre-release rumors but not played through the game yet: No, Abby is not the trans character.

ymgve fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jun 29, 2020