Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

CocoaNuts posted:

What did the winner (Agopova?) have on her lower ears?

Tape due to big ol ear gauge holes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

CocoaNuts posted:

What did the winner (Agopova?) have on her lower ears?

She wears gauges in her ears so they cover the holes with tape while fighting so a finger doesn't get caught in there.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Cifers has 2 losses in 2 weeks and 3 for 2020

Wonder what the UFC record for a calendar year is

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

Haha this show loving rules other than that dvalishvili shitfest

That was also a good fight, and getting to hear the Serra/Longo corner yelling for 15 minutes is fun too, would you rather be watching more Jessica Eye promos?

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

Digital Jedi posted:

Tape. Probably has gauged ears

And this card has been great. Small cage forever

That would make sense. Thanks.

She's high energy, judging from the post-fight interview.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Having someone ready to call out is good but uhhhh maybe don't call out the 3-4 fighter on a 3 fight losing streak of which the most recent is a 40 second uppercut KO.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

I love the small cage, I hope they keep it when they start letting fans back in.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Aubergine Mage posted:

I love the small cage, I hope they keep it when they start letting fans back in.

small cage owns. wec never die

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Espinosa is balancing on one leg the whole time and De La Rosa can't figure out to leg trip him until he...tries to trip the leg that's in the air. What the gently caress.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

this hold leg strategy does not seem to be working out

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Pretty cool to see a guy get beat up as he chases a single leg for 3 minutes

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

BWV posted:

this hold leg strategy does not seem to be working out

His corner is telling him to stand with him now, so I'm expecting he gets knocked out quick.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Brut posted:

Having someone ready to call out is good but uhhhh maybe don't call out the 3-4 fighter on a 3 fight losing streak of which the most recent is a 40 second uppercut KO.

I was grabbing a beer during the interview, who did she call out?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

I was grabbing a beer during the interview, who did she call out?

Shana Dobson

Who's UFC and related record is this:

Brut fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jun 14, 2020

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

anybody else having ESPN+ issues? tried two different browers and got "we cannot play this video at this time" on both

e: nvm, it was my ad blocker.

Troy Queef fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jun 14, 2020

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Fili/Jourdain should be a good scrap.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

i do like how Fili's nickname is "Touchy" Fili

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

His arm is deffo hosed

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Helluva opening round. Fili came on strong to close it, but the knock down likely put Jourdain up on the scorecards.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

loving how both keep on going to the kicks

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

this ref reminds me of mike ehrmantraut from a distance

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Lmao love the quick switch from Jourdain's corner once they realize they don't have a french translator

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

beep by grandpa posted:

this ref reminds me of mike ehrmantraut from a distance

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AllLeftBufflehead-mobile.mp4

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
That late takedown and GnP from Fili likely clinched the decision for him. Great performance from both guys though.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
lmao at scoring that for jourdain

Keith Mars
Nov 28, 2007
Former Sheriff of Balboa County
I have been quite pleased with this card so far

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

"If you watch that fight and you see it as split I don't know what you're watching"...

15 UFC fights and he still doesn't understand that "Split decision" isn't like an option that individual judges select, sigh.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Thinking about Christina Aguilera themed nicknames for Aguilar

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Christian Aguilera?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Brown Paper Bag posted:

The first fight of the card featured a fighter named Christian Aguilera.

blue footed boobie posted:

Christian Aguilera?

uhhhhhhh

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Despite having the most blood we've seen tonight this fight's been kinda...not great. Two more to go, one more if you're intending to skip the main event which I have a feeling many folks might be.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
This has been a fun Bellator card

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
just got a good look at the scar on Rosa's neck :gonk:

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Brut posted:

"If you watch that fight and you see it as split I don't know what you're watching"...

15 UFC fights and he still doesn't understand that "Split decision" isn't like an option that individual judges select, sigh.

i think he was right in saying any judge giving it to the other guy was wrong

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Eat This Glob posted:

i think he was right in saying any judge giving it to the other guy was wrong

I mean yeah if that's what he meant, I agree, but I've heard enough fighters say poo poo phrased in that way that I'm pretty sure lots of them think "Split decision" is just something you can write down if you're like "gently caress it, I don't know who won". This particular occurrence was in the post-fight which I can cut some slack for, but often it's just in regular interviews or even tweets where they don't really have the excuse of just having been punched in the head for 15 minutes.

Brut fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jun 14, 2020

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Here comes the grudge match. Plenty of bad blood between these two.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Brut posted:

I mean yeah if that's what he meant, I agree, but I've heard enough fighters say poo poo like phrased in that way that I'm pretty sure lots of them think "Split decision" is just something you can write down if you're like "gently caress it, I don't know who won". This particular occurrence was in the post-fight which I can cut some slack for, but often it's just in regular interviews or even tweets where they don't really have the excuse of just having been punched in the head for 15 minutes.

I bet it’s more to do with them not being able to say things than not knowing how their fights are scored.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Brut posted:

I mean yeah if that's what he meant, I agree, but I've heard enough fighters say poo poo phrased in that way that I'm pretty sure lots of them think "Split decision" is just something you can write down if you're like "gently caress it, I don't know who won". This particular occurrence was in the post-fight which I can cut some slack for, but often it's just in regular interviews or even tweets where they don't really have the excuse of just having been punched in the head for 15 minutes.

I think they just ain't so good with words friend

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Oh drat I didn't realize Vettori is only 26, thought he was like 30. I haven't been that happy with his performances in 2019 after seeing how decently he put up a fight against Adesanya, but seems like he's still got lots of time to improve.

Has there ever been an Italian UFC champ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Brut posted:

Oh drat I didn't realize Vettori is only 26, thought he was like 30. I haven't been that happy with his performances in 2019 after seeing how decently he put up a fight against Adesanya, but seems like he's still got lots of time to improve.

Has there ever been an Italian UFC champ?

Wiki says no
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UFC_champions#Champions_by_nationality