Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Ah, Warcraft before it was retconned to poo poo. Both in game and irl.

This looks very cool. Basically as I imagined it could have been minus a few levels of polish. It makes sense that they saw other point and click offerings at the time and were scared of being anything but the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
The story beats in this are wild. Its like they wanted to tell a story and were desperate to get a game crudely built around the story.

"What kind of orc talks to him... self" got a real laugh out of me.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Magic here seems to not be the later Warcraft kind.

Here Shaman can just.... drat people to hell and summon bone infrastructure. What separates them from Warlocks? Or even the Death Knight in this very video. Pretty much nothing. An interesting early glimpse of what Warcraft was/could have been.

THE BAR posted:

Oh wow, that map screen with WC2 buildings all over the place was delightful.

Agreed.

Big thanks to Rocket Baby Dolls. This was a treat and a delight.