Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

SalTheBard posted:

That was a good match with lovely part production that made it worse

^^^^

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i only saw the last half? idk, 10 minutes of that but i thought it was very bad. reading the rest of the results, it seems as if it was mostly, Very Bad

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If they had just done that match, it would've been unironically a pretty drat great match.

The overhyping, the overproduction, the obnoxious commentary, the piped in noise and the stupid finish just loving ruined it. I'm actually honestly annoyed they tried so hard to make that match so difficult to enjoy.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
ngl if they had just run that straight (even pretaped, i can forgive the goofy audio bullshit) i think it'd have been a lot better received. on its merits though, it was pretty good. solid 4 star match.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

A loving stretcher job? :lol:

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

match was alright, but too long and over-produced

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
If that was their wrestlemania match people woulda went nuts about Edge's return.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That was a super good match, but the dumb piped in chants definitely hurt it.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
a kind of boring njpw match to cap off an all time bad ppv. probably would have been a lot better if the entire rest of the show didn't sour me on giving a poo poo about any of it

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Blaise330 posted:

Omg Orton won with a thigh slap punt. This has to be a rib.

Lol Randy knew what he was doing and that's legitimately funnier than anything in the Street Profits/Raiders segment

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
Edge had to be humanely euthanized after this match :(

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Clearly this is Christian's fault for egging Edge on to give it his all this match. Whelp, time for Christian to avenge him to make up for it.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Seth Rollins posted:

Edge had to be humanely euthanized after this match :(

They had Lashley put him in the Masterlock!?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

The match could theoretically have been good if it could be divorced from the ridiculous production, hype, pre-tapes, angles, piped-in commentary, and retakes. It manages to not be a WMOTYC, but not by much.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Following The Greatest Match Ever with footage of DX vs Kane and Undertaker at Saudi Arabia is quite a juxtaposition

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I fell asleep after Hardy v Sheamus. Unfortunately it was not the sweet release of death which stirred me, but Edge v Orton.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I only read the recap, but it sounds like they put in a very solid effort and I like the concept of both guys busting out wrestlers from all across WWE history. Between that factor, the announcers apparently going crazy about how great it is, the over-hyping of the match, the piped-in crowd noise, and what I'm sure was way too many cuts and weird/bad camera shots, now I have a match that seems like it perfectly sums up everything good and bad about WWE television.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Randy finally hit the punt for the first time in like a decade, I’m satisfied.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

The Croc posted:

Would you rather drink a jar of piss or watch this show again?

Is it morning piss?

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

So apparently this was really bad and I did the right thing by taking a nap instead of viewing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Molestationary Store posted:

So apparently this was really bad and I did the right thing by taking a nap instead of viewing it.

The highs were pretty high but the lows were basically a black hole of suck.