Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Prince Charles' human suit is wearing out.

https://twitter.com/ForgottenScouse/status/1271721048799666179

If he dies before the Queen wouldn't that mean that her next oldest son, not her grandson, would become the new crown prince? So the next king could be Epstein pal prince Andrew? I've played a lot of CKII but IDK how it works with the modern british royalty.

Thank you for your time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

seems liek now would be a great time to just get rid of the monarchy like other countries did 5000 years ago.

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
Mr. Anderson...

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Facebook Aunt posted:

If he dies before the Queen wouldn't that mean that her next oldest son, not her grandson, would become the new crown prince? So the next king could be Epstein pal prince Andrew? I've played a lot of CKII but IDK how it works with the modern british royalty.

Thank you for your time.

The line goes down first before across, it's Queen then Queen's first kid (Q.1) then Queen's first kid's first kid (Q.1.a) then Queen's first kid's first kid's first kid (Q.1.a.i), then the rest of that gen (Q.1.a.ii,iii) then the rest of the gen up (Q.1.b,c), THEN the kids of those people (Q.1.b.i etc), then the rest of the Queen's kids (Q.2,3) and their kids and kids' kids and so on

Hedrigall fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jun 15, 2020

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

It's me, I will be made king.

Better bribe me now imo if you want priority with something.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Anyway Andrew is currently 8th in line, we'd need a King Ralph type scenario for him to even come close to the throne

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bronze Fonz posted:

It's me, I will be made king.

Better bribe me now imo if you want priority with something.

Please accept this offering, my liege

:burger:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Finger bangers

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

do you think he dips those fingers into chocolate sauce and licks them clean at night while proclaiming what a naughty lad he is with no one but the dog there to hear him or do you think he just lays in bed gripping the covers real tight and holding his eyes closed as hard as he can praying the urge to do it will eventually cease once he forces sleep to come for another night

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Facebook Aunt posted:

Thank you for your time.

When the queen dies, if who would have been her immediate heir is dead, the crown still passes to them, but because they're dead, it passes on to their heirs.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
i promise i'm not a royalist for knowing about lines of succession, i just enjoy netflix's The Crown

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Hedrigall posted:

The line goes down first before across, it's Queen then Queen's first kid (Q.1) then Queen's first kid's first kid (Q.1.a) then Queen's first kid's first kid's first kid (Q.1.a.i), then the rest of that gen (Q.1.a.ii,iii) then the rest of the gen up (Q.1.b,c), THEN the kids of those people (Q.1.b.i etc), then the rest of the Queen's kids (Q.2,3) and their kids and kids' kids and so on

Even if the first kid dies before her? Because in Crusader Kings II usually the first kid dying bumps all the grandchildren of that line below the second son. Glad it doesn't work like that in the British commonwealth.

Glad to see SA didn't let me down and immediately produced a monarchy expert.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Facebook Aunt posted:

Even if the first kid dies before her? Because in Crusader Kings II usually the first kid dying bumps all the grandchildren of that line below the second son. Glad it doesn't work like that in the British commonwealth.

Glad to see SA didn't let me down and immediately produced a monarchy expert.

yeah like someone said earlier in the thread, even if Charles is dead the "crown" assumes he was king and kinda brushes his corpse head before passing directly to his eldest child (William)

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

i hope he likes that pinky ring

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I dunno if CGP Grey is cool to post but he did a really informative video about exactly how it works

https://www.cgpgrey.com/blog/how-to-become-the-british-monarch

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Facebook Aunt posted:

Uhh yeah, they shut down adrenochrome production a year ago

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

tbh I'm convinced the Queen is prolonging her existence using dark magiks solely to insure Prince Charles is never made King

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Excelzior posted:

tbh I'm convinced the Queen is prolonging her existence using dark magiks solely to insure Prince Charles is never made King

she's not even using dark eldritch magiks, the queen doesn't need them. she's doing it out of sheer willpower and spite

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

Finger bangers

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Big Beef City posted:

do you think he dips those fingers into chocolate sauce and licks them clean at night while proclaiming what a naughty lad he is with no one but the dog there to hear him or do you think he just lays in bed gripping the covers real tight and holding his eyes closed as hard as he can praying the urge to do it will eventually cease once he forces sleep to come for another night

this proper upsets me

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

i want to eat HRH Prince Charles' fingers with duck sauce

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Hell Yeah posted:

seems liek now would be a great time to just get rid of the monarchy like other countries did 5000 years ago.

every brit i've ever talked to online swears that the monarchy is purely a figurehead and that if the queen ever attempted to actually exercise authority she'd be immediately deposed

and i gotta admit that my personal preference for representative government is really fighting it out with my spiteful side that would love to see a bunch of smug-rear end brits proved wrong lol

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hands all swole from beating up bob barker and taking his gameshow suits lol. :v:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Excelzior posted:

i think she just hates him

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pick posted:

i think she just hates him

She hates everything, she’s a total bitch.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

She hates everything, she’s a total bitch.

heheh she's cool

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Prince Chorizos

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I’m adding these pics to my fingerprince database

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Hedrigall posted:

I’m adding these pics to my fingerprince database

lmao

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
For god's sake Charles, if you have to sleep like a bat put your hands in your pockets

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Facebook Aunt posted:

Passing the title to your younger brother is more of an Arabic thing. The last six kings including the current one of Saudi Arabia all had the same father (Ibn Saud) who was born in 1875, different mothers of course.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrYh7SPMpNE

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

The idea that there might be a "King of England" in the 21st century is really upsetting.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

The_Continental posted:

The idea that there might be a "King of England" in the 21st century is really upsetting.

There won't be. Inasmuch as there won't be a King of Norfolk or a King of Ottery St Mary either. The title is King of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and of his other realms and territories. There hasn't been a 'King of England' since William of Orange in 1702.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Helen Highwater posted:

There won't be. Inasmuch as there won't be a King of Norfolk or a King of Ottery St Mary either. The title is King of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and of his other realms and territories. There hasn't been a 'King of England' since William of Orange in 1702.

ok bud

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's the same fuckin' thing, man.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it's the same fuckin' thing, man.

As someone who is British but not English, it really fuckin' isn't. Man.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

every brit i've ever talked to online swears that the monarchy is purely a figurehead and that if the queen ever attempted to actually exercise authority she'd be immediately deposed

I mean, that's how it works in theory but that's based purely on a gentleman's agreement and this is 2020 where history enters the wild card round so really who the gently caress knows

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Helen Highwater posted:

As someone who is British but not English, it really fuckin' isn't. Man.

then you should have seceded when you had the chance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

then you should have seceded when you had the chance

Probably a bad time to be saying that seceeding from a union is a good idea