Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much
Here, have some Tie Interceptor gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxgl0mXdrgw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

Too bad you probably not going to find one until February....

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

TheAnomaly posted:

good people don't continue to work for bad people.

Sure they do, we wouldn’t be in a “late stage capitalistic” society otherwise. Personally I think exploring why otherwise good people support evil organizations would be an interesting and timely thing for Star Wars to do, it’s usual answer that good people are only imperial because the plot demands it and that the empire is so evil it’ll invariably do something that compels the good person to defect is only because the franchise rarely has the courage to consider the topic seriously.

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

TheAnomaly posted:

yeah, after re-reading some posts I realized that a huge part of the devolving argument was trust in EA's ability to actually pull anything off with it and a circular argument about whether or not humanizing fascists inherently humanizes fascism. I have 0 trust in EA to make anything worthwhile out of Grey as a character or as an example.

Here is an article about the short as well as Lucasfilms response as to why the short didn't entirely consist of 7 minutes of Grey kicking puppies.

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-squadrons-hunted