Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Lobok posted:

The Sienar Fleet Systems designer reading all these posts: "I just like, wanted it to be an eyeball, y'know?"

Sienar subcontracts to Venture Industries for crew pods. WALKING EYE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hug3DkhA6Oc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

NtotheTC posted:

Lest we forget Wedge also hosed a bird monster girl

"Yeah, we met on Twitter."

Jerkface posted:

a y-wing's tubes are chaste, you fiend

NSFW

get a load of dem ample nacelles herm herm

sorry for the doublepost

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Cobbsprite posted:

Is there a version of this but with goons?

[Yoda Voice]
there WILL be...
there will be

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
we'll we're goons we die a lot so

Womp Womp

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Gosh. I watched the video, then read the posts, and honestly...

I thought they said his name was Greg. I misheard the audio, perhaps my ears are ringing from wildfire smoke. I was laughing the whole time, going "Bold choice my friends!"

But no. Pure black and white, no shades of Greg at all.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Drone posted:

10 players in a game mode that is billed as "a big Return of the Jedi level battle" is a little disappointing, but I guess we'll see how it plays out.

Or maybe it'll end up like Star Conflict minus the pay-to-win.

New thread title:

Red 5 vs Blue 5

Sad it couldn't have gone the other way around in the video, so we could use Crouching TIEger, Hidden X-Wing.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

someone alert horse_ebooks

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
That's the Sienar Fleet Systems patented Ideologically and Doctrinally Enforced Attention Cockpit! It's not just a good IDEA, the Emperor has declared it procurement law!

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

BizarroAzrael posted:

Is the ability to turn properly paid DLC or something? I drop to half speed and it still handles like a loving fridge.

What's your input method? I drop to half speed and I turn on a postage stamp, especially with full power to engines. I am using mouse and keyboard.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Here's my weird issue:

The game keeps losing my story state and forgets all progress.

I'm on PC. Bought through Epic. Any advice?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

jimtech posted:

It's not crashing for me but I just lost my 9 hours of progress and i'm not sure if I want to do that again right now. Bought through Origin in my case.

loving Windows 10 Controlled Folder Access! Fortunately the fix is super easy:

Start -> Windows Security -> Virus & Threat Protection
Scroll down to Ransomware Protection, click on Manage Ransomware Protection
Then click on Allow an app through Controlled folder access
Click 'Yes' at the security prompt
Click the + to Add an allowed app
Click on "Recently blocked apps"
Click on + starwarssquadrons.exe

Credit to this dude:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QDi5yMKGm4

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I'm inclined to put success with the Interceptor down to skill. I've had both great and terrible matches with it. In the terrible matches, my whole team got its rear end handed to it, it wasn't just me. Thus I'm inclined to think it's a combination of individual pilot skill and team synergy. That includes the enemy team's synergy. Sometimes you get matchmade with a team that just happened to bring exactly the right combination of things to gently caress you. (Note: Ion weapons are extremely cool and good in this game, use 'em)

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I've lost count of the number of ways actors have pronounced "Javes" in story mode.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

veni veni veni posted:

Was in a private discord with another goon playing for hours tonight. Realized at the very end that I was on blast the whole time in game and having personal conversations. Despite having every single chat option turned off. Good poo poo, game.

Reasons to have a hard switch on your mike: this

A further matchmaking observation: I find I lose nearly every time if I set my team to "prefer random" in dogfighting mode. Conversely I mostly win if I switch the slider to "New Republic" OR "Imperial".

Hypothesis: If you choose a random side, you're more likely to be a team of 5 pugs put up against a group who have put more effort into optimizing their builds for their preferred playstyle.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

sebmojo posted:

how to fix the windows10 not saving story progress issue

You don't even need to restart the game, btw. Just do it and the game will save properly from then on.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

axeil posted:

Using my X-52 I set the deadzone down to 0 and moved sensitivity from 100 to 70 and it seems to work alright.

Can confirm: with these settings I can feel The Force and have turned my targeting computer to "off".

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Tiler Kiwi posted:

star fighter engines are just ewok jedi, that's why they ignore space physics

Not empty quoting:

Duros Pilot is objectively the best New Republic head to pick.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

DurosKlav posted:

Yes, but they are limited on helmets. :(

COME ON EA GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT

FIVE DOLLAR HATS

Bleck posted:

I've always wondered what happened to him later on.

Wookieepedia posted:

Bane maintained his reputation as a veteran hunter throughout the Clone Wars, even until the war ended in 19 BBY. Following the newly christened Emperor Palpatine's establishment of the Galactic Empire, Bane became one of the Empire's select freelancers, playing a part in many Imperial dirty dealings. He was still active as of 18 BBY. According to Cradossk, though Bane's frequent clashes with the Jedi Order had earned him the reputation of an outlaw during the Clone Wars, Emperor Palpatine's degradation of the Jedi resulted in popular perception of Bane becoming much more favorable during Imperial times. Although Bane worked with Boba Fett on another occasion, Fett came to be his closest rival in the bounty hunting trade.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Cad_Bane/Legends

Sounds like Cad Bane could have outlived Boba Fett and even be active post-Endor, though he'd be pushing 70.

Kesper North fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Oct 10, 2020

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Watch this guys, I'm gonna do the Lobot

*puts on headphones*

*is completely motionless, stares at nothing*

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Cross-Section posted:

One of the TCW episodes that didn't make full production involved teen Boba and Bane getting in a Eastwood-style duel

Both of them land simultaneous headshots, but only one is wearing a helmet...

huh, i guess we know who that old cad's bane is now

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Bad Munki posted:

Have you seen the imperial therapy drones??

actual therapy models don't have any needles, they just emit a soft pulsating glow and make a wowmp sound

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Varkas posted:

Here's a particular loadout I use with the X-Wing (and you can use something similar for Tie Fighter)

he reflec
he attac

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Chomp8645 posted:

but most importantly,

no rank track

ye :golfclap:

I bet they come back in June and announce Squadrons 2 for $60, and that's the DLC. Then it's Modern Starwarfare every year from here on out.

Kesper North fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Oct 24, 2020

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Statutory Ape posted:

it would be weird if EA decided to adopt a viable fps-release strategy suddenly, but i admire your enthusiasm

I know, that's the fatal flaw in this plan, but 2020 has been a weird year and who knows what 2021 will bring

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

TheAnomaly posted:

This is harder to do than you think; I saw Respawn talking about getting fallen order approved, and it takes quite a bit of time to get Disney to ok a Star Wars game if it has any story elements in it all. Probably a little bit easier for Squadrons since the legacy characters are mostly Cameos, but stuff like project Starhawk is now canon and requires approval from the higher ups at Disney and apparently even getting a meeting with them is difficult since they don't really care for video games.

Well now you're makin' me think they just hate money. That makes total sense, but I am really hoping that for once they come to their senses.

Kesper North fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Oct 24, 2020

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Dumbfire rockets are ridiculous. They're not any harder to target than laser cannons, so it's literally just a damage multiplier in dogfights.

Choof choof choof choof choof choof choof

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Dietrich posted:

Tie bombers are so OP. It shouldn't take an interceptor's entire fully charged weapons system to kill one.

I like hunting TIE bombers in an interceptor. (I recommend using standard cannons; I'm still not convinced that the A-wing rotary gun is worth it. We know for a fact that the TIE/int's rotary gun is a trap; the A-wing's might as well be.)

You should have the maneuverability and acceleration control to hang onto their butt. And the thing about the butt is, it may drop a load of poop, but it can't actually shoot the poop AT you. At least... not very far... You know what I mean. If it drops a mine, turn to a safe escape vector and activate boost. You'll be clear before it activates. Listen for the sound and train yourself to automatically disengage and burn out 1200-1500km, then establish situational awareness and evaluate whether to re-engage. If you do, employ cover to flank the bomber for a second pass, or highlight the target with H for enemies to destroy and/or lead it into a pack of friendlies.

At no point should you attempt to joust with TIE Bomber, that much is certain. Side and rear approaches only.

Oh, and use the dumbfire rockets! They're total hell death for a bomber pilot. They have trouble getting out of the way and the rockets do superior damage against hull.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Symetrique posted:

The burst lasers for a wings and interceptors aren't traps. I'm assuming that's what you meant by rotary.

They're more situational than the standard lasers but by no means are they useless, especially on the interceptor.

Negatorative, Red Leader, I meant the 600m "rapid-fire" guns that do lower damage, not the burst lasers.

Grashnak posted:

The rapid fire cannon is a trap choice on the tie interceptor because it deals less damage than the standard cannon does plus it has 400m shorter range. The standard cannon on the A-wing does less damage so there the rapid fire cannon is higher dps but at a shorter range. There is absolutely no reason to ever take the rapid fire cannon on the interceptor as things stand.

The rapid fire cannon does have the advantage that it builds overcharge faster, but considering that ties can shunt power between engines and weapons that doesn't even matter.

Kesper North fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Oct 28, 2020

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Yes. Primary logistics first, just like EVE. :dadjoke:

eve online, a dad game

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

dialhforhero posted:

I had an X52 and while it is exactly like the pro, the twist axis WILL die on you. I don’t know about the pro but I heard the build quality is better.

I would probably just go straight to X56?

FWIW, I've had my X52 Pro since 2014 and it still works fine, including twist, despite years of heavy usage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

fartknocker posted:

they did nerf the rockets a while back, yes.

More or less simultaneously with me not playing this anymore