Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Flavahbeast posted:

where do people sell stuff online now, craigslist?

Why, looking for a used bed? I got one in the garage come check it out if you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Private Cumshoe posted:

lmao people still use ebay? site's been trash and irrelevant for well over a decade, particularly because of their poo poo policy changes making trying to sell on there a joke of a waste of time and effort

Yeah I used to go on ebay all the time for odds and ends, basically a price you might get from craiglist but with shipping and more getting exactly what you want rather than just what people in your area had for sale. All sorts of stuff where the bidding mattered and it felt like you could get a good deal if you were patient/spent time on the sight.

Now it basically seems like it's mainly used for scammers, scalpers, and storefronts that don't wanna list on other sites (probably the former). It's all new, it's all msrp (or more in the case of the latter). And there seems to be zero point for the website to exist. If anything it's mere existence probably helps drive the scalping market so it should probably just shut down as a community service as people who do that are subhuman scum.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I don't use it nearly as much as I used to, but I use it from time to time for car and motorcycle parts. Finding parts for a 22yo British bike isn't always easy and Ebay almost always comes through even if it ships from overseas.

Also, I don't know how they do it, but I've been buying a few odds and ends for my Jeep that are 10-15% under the lowest price I can find elsewhere. Some have even been advertised at MAP, but they have a Make Offer option available to get around it. These aren't huge power sellers and I don't know how they're making enough money to make it worthwhile especially after fees.

I used to sell quite a bit, but now their fees are loving ridiculous.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Flavahbeast posted:

where do people sell stuff online now, craigslist?

Craigslist, Nextdoor, Facebook for local stuff, Amazon marketplace for when you need stuff that no one's selling locally.

eBay is literally for international transactions at this point, and even that's getting phased out by sites like wish.com and alibaba.

Soon eBay's only reason to exist will be for compulsive gamblers who just get off on "bidding."

Mr. Bones
Jan 2, 2011

ain't no law says a skeleton can't play the blues
If you're into retro video games or any kind of collectibles eBay is still the place to go.
Amazon's taken over pretty much every other facet of online retail, but eBay is still the undisputed king of Weird Old poo poo.