Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Honestly, the story being condensed and changed this loving hard is only making the game better for me. I have no idea what to expect and it's glorious, it's gone so far off the rails that I'd be genuinely surprised if it can get back without feeling like a total asspull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

So wait, in the dream world, they get to use their Stands by getting punched by Jotaro (fine, pain should wake you up)...by using his Stand, which he can't. I get this is a gameplay limitation but it's quite contradicting.

Jotaro having unique lines for High Priestess makes me wonder if the Talk command would also give unique lines for the rest depending on the boss. That's the kind of effort I like to see even if the plot's barely (if even that) following the series.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I think I won't go any further, because "Wheel of Fortune" will kill me.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I really don't get why D'Arby appeared so early but even less so why they even bothered.

Also I guess Steely Dan just doesn't exist in this version of the story.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

After D'Arby nothing feels nearly as underwhelming, not even Oingo and Boingo here.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Sure love the great spritework in this game, like Atum suddenly mirroring itself when it punches.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I shouldn't be surprised by how much this game had nothing to do with the series at this point or how bad it is as an RPG but somehow, even to the very end, it kept adding more and more to both aspects. Honestly, in a way, maybe it did get Jojo - it was definitely a very bizarre product. The only difference is that bizarre in the main series is used as a positive adjective, not so much here.

Thanks for showing this game! I had no idea what this game was like before.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

What's the difference between the cut and uncut versions? They're just as long as far as I can see.

Also I'm guessing that that bar requires you to get every secret and also win at 100% HP in every battle to be full, that's kind of annoying.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Romi Park sure didn't ace that UAAHGGHH.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

C-Euro posted:

Reminder that Mista's surname is canonically "Guido", so his full name is Mista Guido.

You have it backwards. Mista is his last name, Guido is his first name. And since he is European, his name is read in western order, Guido Mista.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

For all it removed a lot of the series, it still feels like it'd be a lot easier to play this game and learn about Part 5, than trying to learn about Part 3 with the previous game.

The bar is that low but at least it clears it.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

That was a really boring version of the seven page Muda rush. I'm genuinely disappointed here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

This game was definitely not great but you can't fault it for not following the manga as hard as it could. On that, I can say it's definitely better than the other game in this thread.

MInus points for lack of Rolling Stones though.