Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
First up, honourable mentions to the Invasion of the Bodysnatchers remake for Donald Sutherland's howling finger pointing, and Halloween III: Season of the Witch when the lady fiddles with the logo of doom, or when the test kid and his family are killed, and just the hopelessness of the ending overall...though nowadays I'd be more inclined to think the old man might have been on to something.

3. Dracula Has Risen From The Grave
Watched this on TV with my mom, probably about 4 or 5 at the time. The sight of Christopher Lee trapped in a glacier staring down some dude with his blood red eyes freaked me out. The first ad break was for cider, and I've never touched that poo poo to this day because my lizard brain associates it with undead horrors staring at you.

2. Salem's Lot
Saw it at my aunt's, was about 5 or 6. Danny Glick in his grave and floating around outside people's windows, Mike the gravedigger in the rocking chair, and its rat-faced Nosferatu take on Barlow were pure nightmare fuel.

1. Alien
..because of course it loving is. I was 7 or 8 for this I think, caught the last half hour on the TV and it scared me shitless, I hallucinated about the final scene in the lifeboat for years until I finally rewatched it almost a decade later. It instilled a lifelong obsession with the Alien. Even now, I can't really play Alien: Isolation because anytime you go into a vent and hear something scrambling around in the dark ahead of you, The Fear hits at 100mph.

Anyway, there's been nothing since then that's come close to affecting me in the same way, with the possible exception of Audition. When I finally saw The Exorcist I just laughed because it seemed like a skit from Father Ted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU