Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best flash websites
This poll is closed.
vcenter vsphere client 9 32.14%
strong bad 5 17.86%
the old intune admin panel that needed silverlight (kinda like flash) 4 14.29%
newgrounds 8 28.57%
kongregate 2 7.14%
Total: 15 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html
Apparently December 2020! Thankfully Zombocom got ported to HTML5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

maybe ikea will finally update the besta planning tool

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
in our heart it’s been dead a long time.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I should make a tiny gravestone and stick it to the side of the adobe building

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

in that case id like to propose this earthwork design

Agile Vector fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jun 16, 2020

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Agile Vector posted:

in that case id like to propose this earthwork design

This place is not a place of honor... no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here... nothing valued is here.

What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

qirex posted:

This place is not a place of honor... no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here... nothing valued is here.

Click to enable Adobe Flash Player

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

qirex posted:

please do this

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

this made me remember that i really liked this flash game http://quadradius.com/ but it looks like it never got ported to just javascript or whatever

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
the best games were shockwave anyway

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
zombocom (both flash and html5 version) is blocked by default in the pi-hole rules :(

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

zombocom (both flash and html5 version) is blocked by default in the pi-hole rules :(

works for me and I just checked and I don't have it manually whitelisted

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
oh weird, it works for me too now. i definitely saw it on one of the default lists, so maybe it got updated.

edit: found a link to a reddit post asking the same question https://www.reddit.com/r/pihole/comments/binw93/are_zombocom_and_html5zombocom_considered_ad/

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

The Management posted:

in our heart it’s been dead a long time.

That's my point, I thought for sure it was eol already.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html
Apparently December 2020! Thankfully Zombocom got ported to HTML5.

I still get windows updates for flash player, op. idk why windows 10 even has it??

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

end of laffs

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

ive still got flash installed, time to maybe uninstall and see what breaks

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

akadajet posted:

I still get windows updates for flash player, op. idk why windows 10 even has it??

yospos

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
here's my flash story,

the very second gchat client after googletalk.exe way back in 07 was flash based. the idea was any webmaster could embed it on their site and allow in-page chat for any visitors. it ended up not being that good because it had to be a rectangle so your buddy roster and all open chats had to use tabs.

anyways, my job was to add audio/video capability. flash only supported rtmp and webrtc didn't exist yet. the jingle xep was in progress and we had the the google talk plugin native daemon that did all the encode decode encryption ICE etc. this plugin communicated with the flash UI through local connection, which originally was for allowing separate swfs on the same page to communicate. Flash runtime had a same-domain check on localconnections so that you couldn't spoof and hijack swfs in another tab.

at the time google apps for your domain used a url scheme like http://gmail.com/@mypersonaldomain.com/inbox for multilogin. i'm sure you can guess where this is going.

adobe's domain check algorithm had some lovely greedy regexp that got confused with the http://user:password@domain.tld/resource format despite there being no colon. so basically any domain could spoof any other by putting an @ symbol in the url. notably this worked not just on localconnection but for slurping flash local storage which could contain things like bank login tokens and poo poo.

we reported it and it turned out there was an issue in their public bug tracker with repro for 18 months about it that they didn't notice will we pointed it out with our internal contacts.

gently caress you adobe your poo poo is garbage

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

carry on then posted:

end of laffs

yospos bitch

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
whats all this about then

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

here's my flash story,

the very second gchat client after googletalk.exe way back in 07 was flash based. the idea was any webmaster could embed it on their site and allow in-page chat for any visitors. it ended up not being that good because it had to be a rectangle so your buddy roster and all open chats had to use tabs.

anyways, my job was to add audio/video capability. flash only supported rtmp and webrtc didn't exist yet. the jingle xep was in progress and we had the the google talk plugin native daemon that did all the encode decode encryption ICE etc. this plugin communicated with the flash UI through local connection, which originally was for allowing separate swfs on the same page to communicate. Flash runtime had a same-domain check on localconnections so that you couldn't spoof and hijack swfs in another tab.

at the time google apps for your domain used a url scheme like http://gmail.com/@mypersonaldomain.com/inbox for multilogin. i'm sure you can guess where this is going.

adobe's domain check algorithm had some lovely greedy regexp that got confused with the http://user:password format despite there being no colon. so basically any domain could spoof any other by putting an @ symbol in the url. notably this worked not just on localconnection but for slurping flash local storage which could contain things like bank login tokens and poo poo.

we reported it and it turned out there was an issue in their public bug tracker with repro for 18 months about it that they didn't notice will we pointed it out with our internal contacts.

gently caress you adobe your poo poo is garbage

Lovely lovely lovely

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

You know what we need is a dosbox but for flash games

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

You know what we need is a dosbox but for flash games

vm with winxp

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

The Management posted:

vm with winxp

I had to do that when I had my mac so I could play civ2

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i’ll flash my smooth glistening genitals at you

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

echinopsis posted:

i’ll flash my smooth glistening genitals at you

America still in lockdown while nz is out getting their junk waxed

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

windows 7 got EOLed before flash. incredible

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
isnt' there like gnu gnash

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Management posted:

America still in lockdown while nz is out getting their junk waxed

imagine someone washing their pontiac in their driveway with their shirt off coz it’s summer.... now imagine the same but it’s just me and my shiny balls

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

suffix posted:

isnt' there like gnu gnash

at some point firefox was working on their own javascript/webgl flash player. shumway i think? i tried it years ago and it was barely functional

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
put all the goood flash games on archive.org

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

this thread is eol