Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

someone in the wfh thread said you go through a valley of bad hair and climb up the other side but the longer mine gets the more it just looks like i'm wearing a loving clown wig.

same here

as a bonus my mother has a photo of me as a stupid teenager after i spent the money i was supposed to use for a haircut on getting my hair dyed forest green
at least my teenage rebel phase only lasted a couple hours because i immediately regretted giving myself clown hair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

am I here in time for the 16 bit revolution?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
any more than 4 butts and starting to waste butts

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

you have 64 bits but you only ever really use 10% of them

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Bloody posted:

i definitely use more than 6.4 bits

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib
6.4 bitties

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Bloody posted:

that's why the 48bit architecture makes sense. stop wasting power on all those bits you don't even need

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

64 dicks.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

in a row?

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

let’s do a little forward thinking here and jump right to 256 bit computers, save everyone the extra transition phase

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
no seriously whats the deal with all this hubbub

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
yall ever seen a bit? they're pretty dang small!!

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

on a bus

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

r u ready to WALK posted:

do you really need to address more than eighteen quintillion, four hundred and forty-six quadrillion, seven hundred and forty-four trillion, seventy-three billion, seven hundred and nine million, five hundred and fifty-two thousand, six hundred and sixteen bytes of memory though

I see you've never had more than 12 Chrome tabs open

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Sweevo posted:

complete list of people who care how many bits something is:

- 12yr old console warriors who dont know what a bit is

What about people needing grooming on the go but can't afford much expense?

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

so that’s what they mean by rowhammer

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

Silver Alicorn posted:

yall ever seen a bit? they're pretty dang small!!

i have and i can see why it would be hard to fit more than 64 in a computer

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

r u ready to WALK posted:

do you really need to address more than eighteen quintillion, four hundred and forty-six quadrillion, seven hundred and forty-four trillion, seventy-three billion, seven hundred and nine million, five hundred and fifty-two thousand, six hundred and sixteen bytes of memory though

need those chrome tabs brother

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

i chuckled at this

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
word

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
never have more than 3 tabs open in ur browser (preferably firefox)

George
Nov 27, 2004

Zam Wesell posted:

never have more than 3 tabs open in ur browser (preferably firefox)

agreed friend. if I ever need a fourth tab I open a different browser

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

am I here in time for the 16 bit revolution?

I’m here for the 69 bit revolution :mrgw:

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

George posted:

agreed friend. if I ever need a fourth tab I open a different browser

i am going to allow this

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

someone in the wfh thread said you go through a valley of bad hair and climb up the other side but the longer mine gets the more it just looks like i'm wearing a loving clown wig.

hi teapot

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

if you can get it long enough taht you can use a tie to do a man-knot/tied ponytail, it looks sexy on guys. but yeah the transition period where it's like poofing out around your ears an dsticking off weirdly to the side long but not long enough to be able to do anything with, that's the awkward part and takes awhile to get past.. you should probably trim the bit of hair near your sideburns infront of your ear with scissors as that part can get ridiculous

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Xaris posted:

the transition period where it's like poofing out around your ears an dsticking off weirdly to the side long but not long enough to be able to do anything with, that's the awkward part and takes awhile to get past..

in that period you can still look sexy if you slick it back like an 80s corporate raider.

animist
Aug 28, 2018
we should go to 64.5 bits imo

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

no. you can't do a half bit, that's absurd, and this is a serious place :colbert:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

in that period you can still look sexy if you slick it back like an 80s corporate raider.

this looks like a painting

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

it’s from a movie

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

:aaaaa:

George
Nov 27, 2004

I bet we could squeeze a few more bits outta this old thing

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
1 bit is 8 bites

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

16 bits is called a chomp

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

echinopsis posted:

1 bit is 8 bites

i already alluded to this, but since it is cool and predates a lot of jokes:

byte is an intentional misspelling of bite (to keep it from being confused with bit). comes from an old ibm computer where instructions had a target address and a 'bite', where the bite indicate how many bits to operate on at that address (e.g. LOAD(0x1F1,3) to load 3 bits from 0x1F1). 8 was the maximum number of bits you could bite, and that became the fixed standard.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

:newlol:

George
Nov 27, 2004

so we should spell it byt then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001