Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Lawl i was briefly seen in the video as an entry in high scores screen.

Are you gonna show off the easter eggs for this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

The easter egg in mission one requires you to embrace 2020 fully.
:suicide:

EDIT: i noticed that you never realized that what the temple did was not a shield because shields don't happen to spread across the terrain. Really, was it THAT not obvious what it actually was?

Regallion fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jun 17, 2020

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Easter eggs
Map 1
commit sudoku. Effect will be immediately notable
Map 2
supply Liftic to a temple structure. Causes it to spew some AC before exploding to ensure you cannot run out of liftic.
Map 7
build 21 snipers. Best done at start of map. Effect will be very notable and will make the map significantly harder.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Olesh posted:

It depends on the map, but it appears that typically you can either nullify everything or power all the totems.

It's a good change from a design perspective.

It's a little more interesting than that:

On each map there is a list of required/optional objectives. Once you futfill all the required ones you can leave.
HOWEVER. the time score for each objective is actually tracked separately, which means...yes you can have competitions on fastest time to specific objectives which can tier a map nicely.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Xarn posted:

New map is interesting, but I still don't know what that rotating inhibitor thingy does.

If you watched dev livestreams you'd know that it does 2 things:

1. It enables the "reclaim" victory condition.
2. It causes trees to spawn around it.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

The reason for 21 snipers is that the hint for unlocking this egg was some of the lyrics from a greenday song which featured a line "21 gun salute", hence the number.
Also snipers can snipe the eggs before they pop so.

EDIT: The Reclaim objective is also present in map 8.
Also TBH the reclaim objective is faster than either nullify or totems, depending on % required, so.

Regallion fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jun 23, 2020

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Strategic Sage posted:

Up Next

Back to CW3, where ... if I can ... I'm going to tackle one of Sorrontis' most infamous creations; Field of Glory. There will be pain.

:allears:
EDUT: update at the end of prev page

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Incidentally CW1 has NO custom language at all.
How is this achieved then?
They made the terrain a dark color and then used it's interaction with the normal collector collection radius display.
They also changed the creeper color to really dark.
It's an ingenious yet rear end way.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

This level is a lot easier if you go aggressive.
You can save the entire center plateau if you are fast enough with building a couple guns and a couple of beams there.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

It made me suffer a lot when you built a relay on what's basically a designated forge spot.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Also, for those weaken/strenghten with energy things, you can use PZ collectors to connect to them way earlier than you did. Collectors, not relays.

Also no, i'm p sure stashes existed way before absorbers did, in fact i might have been inspired by them.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Strategic Sage posted:

That's bizarre. Why would collectors get increased connection range? Makes no sense to me at least.

They get larger collection range AND connection range, it's completely unique to them.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

OneWingedDevil posted:

I did not know that you could ERN miners. Never noticed the option, so I'm curious how much of a difference that makes to energy/Blueite production. If it's something like 5x or 10x that might make it worth it on some other map. An ERN mortar is hard to beat in usefulness though.

You can ERN a relay to vastly increase its range. With a bit of a height advantage, you can actually link a relay from the main island to the side islands, bypassing the central area. I don't know if stacking two ERN relays increases the range further or if it increases packet speed though.

Miners increase 5x.

Erning both sides of a relay pylon connection does nothing, in the same way as having 2 PZ relays did not make them connect from any further away in CW3.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

It should be noted that shooting the rain is pointless, as unless it is over a shield, the creeper will still be deposited the same as if it just popped.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Note that as of 1.01 the shields will not longer prevent eggs from depositing creeper, so that's a moot point.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

So here's a short primer on how ECO (trees) work. This is general info, not tied to a map.

A mapmaker, can paint trees on a map in one of 2 states: dead or alive.

A tree becomes alive shortly after it enters a soylent field and has no factors that cause it to be dead. While a tree is alive and in soylent it produces a (individually) tiny amount of extra energy represented by a green + under your energy.
A tree becomes dead if it's either touched by creeper or trampled by any kind of a unit. You can see dead trees easily by turning on "Eco spike" in visibility options.

The objective of the map is question involves getting near-100% of all trees on map to be alive and that requires deleting most of your units, especially airfields.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Strategic Sage posted:

I don't dispute your knowledge level Regallion, but that doesn't comport at all with my test run. I was able to get that objective with a lot of trees still dead. I also found that there was no shortly after about it as regards the soylent. Trees were still gradually growing on patches of land that had soylent for at least a few minutes and I think longer than that, lots of them. That's with no creeper on the map for quite some time and no units close nearby that could have trampled them recently. There were dozens of trees still dead, probably over a hundred, when I got it so I don't real get the 'pixel-hunting' issue that a lot of people seem to have had with it aside from just needing to wait longer.

Very specifically your leeway is 150 trees out of 2846

code:
$fudge:150

GetEcoCounts ->liveCount ->deadCount
<-liveCount <-deadCount + ->totalCount
<-liveCount asfloat <-totalCount <-fudge - / ->ratio
if (<-ratio 1 >) 1.0 ->ratio endif
round(<-ratio 100 * 1) ->rounded

if (<-rounded 100 >=)
	AcquireMissionObjective(5 true)
	true ->acquired
endif
Count up all trees (dead or alive), divide live trees by (total-150), if your ratio is >1 you win.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

So, Chronom videos and Mark Vs would probably not go over well.
There are some really interesting chronoms occasionally, and there are some good seeds that you can procure from the discord, that might be actually interesting to show off, but certainly not as a mainstay.
Span is a gimme, it's basically this game's alpha sector.

For colonies, i'm sure you'll get your recommendations as soon as you ask.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

I will not suggest the map that is suggested.

I will instead suggest:
50 - Cascades. A quick, but unusual gimmick map
151 - Orbital insertion. It inserts alright.
98 - the depths. I heard you like eggs.

Shameless plug:
19 - It is dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Complications posted:

If you do this in a completionist style do it before the patch goes live. Offensive shield use against eggs is about to get nerfhammered and nullifying that one spore will be a real pain in the rear end without it.

That change was actually reverted and outside of an additional visual nothing changes about eggs and shields.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

M_Gargantua posted:

I made 361 - Chutes and Ladders, ended up not leaning further into the gimmick after constant playtests and tweaks. The thing about maps like The Wave is that its all gimmick and I can't really appreciate them beyond that.

Played this one, feels a bit oof in that you need 2-3 restarts to see just how far you can expand at start. Practically, every single one of the closeby 3 stashes can be suppressed before they activate, and you can also take the north-eastern flip breeder before creep gets to it... which made it feel much easier.

Also it really feels that the spore assault on the breeder is kinda half-hearted, since you can defend it with trivial amounts of missiles, i'd have expected a veritable storm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Carbon dioxide posted:

This opens up the possibility of custom maps without a rift lab (assuming the engine allows for this).

That is correct. There is even a map like that called Serious (harder) i think?

Also nothing stops custom units from making more pods or whatever, so.