Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Scalding Coffee posted:

I am at my wits end in the later missions. My weapons are just not getting energy when they are next to power for some reason. I don't seem to be using those supply caches either. The power towers are not connecting sometimes when there is a line connecting them. Demo problems.

I had that first problem in the non-story mission, until I remembered that the long-range relays in CW3 transported packets at double-speed. It's the same here. Just build a relay line from your base to close to where you're fighting. Expand with towers, because they're cheap and small, but make a relay line for packet transport. The game really should explain that somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Strategic Sage posted:

:siren:
Schism (56:36)
:siren:

By viewer request, this is a blind approach and I talk some about what I look at when playing a map I haven't previously done. Probably won't be of great use to most in the thread here but here it is regardless. Mistakes will naturally be much more prevalent than usual.

I should also mention that I will probably wrap up this thread in a couple weeks or so; any map requests that I haven't covered yet, feel free and send those at me. I'll still be playing CW4 beyond that on my channel, but I think there's plenty here for anyone interested in the game to review and decide if they like it, and if people want to see more - they know where to find me. A couple maps that I have looked at but not done; It is Dark (couldn't figure out how to get past the third section) and Battle in the Air (just too much going on, slows framerate to a crawl due to the airship spam etc).

It feels like you should be able to speed this map up by crossing the void near your starting point - a regular pylon will just reach over there. I haven't been able to hold this position though, I made it to the nullifier, but then the big wave from the blue terrain hit me.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Depends on the map. This one had 12+ minutes as the objective, so the timer still keeps ticking after. Others that just require you to hold the base for x minutes, like the one in the demo, have a leaderboard like that.