Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

CyberPingu posted:

Neymar would be perma suspended.

Now there's two reasons

I agree with the posts made about the loving dumb poo poo for fail idiots implementation of VAR in the Prem. The implementation, the things checked, the things not checked, the time spent loving about with lines on offsides, baffling inconsistency on decisions and the worst thing of all of it, the loving refs never look at the loving monitor!!! The referees are literally a turn your monitor on meme.

If VAR is supposed to help the on field referee make consistently correct decisions then surely they should be considering further evidence on the monitor themselves. I didn't mind VAR at the WC to be honest once you got used to the pauses and I hear other leagues do it fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/IanCheeseman/status/1281594779915227136

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Wonder how much they paid to get that decision

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Well poo poo. Go Leicester I guess. United missing out would at least be a funny consolation.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Diva Cupcake posted:

Well poo poo. Go Leicester I guess. United missing out would at least be a funny consolation.

Yeah I'd lol

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

The perfect ideal of VAR is bad and stupid, and still fails in all it's goals, you get the "human element" making all the decisions but in a worse, more convoluted way that ruins the flow of the match.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Poorinho continues to be a miserable oval office

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jul/10/jose-mourinho-tottenham-manchester-united-penalty-count-referees

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

gently caress.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Blasmeister posted:

gently caress.

As long as Rodgers doesn't bottle it, it's fine.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Collina p much just coming out and saying "hey stop loving up VAR decisions to protect your mates" here I reckon:

quote:

"Referees must understand the solidarity and the friendship that they want to show is to tell their colleague, 'Be careful, you might have made a mistake - it's better that you have another chance watching the incident on a monitor, you have assessed probably wrongly,' so that finally you can avoid a mistake."

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Noted tactical genius David "Winning is what I do" Moyes has unveiled his masterplan for the Norwich match:

https://twitter.com/whufc_news/status/1281609165845278724

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Noted tactical genius David "Winning is what I do" Moyes has unveiled his masterplan for the Norwich match:

https://twitter.com/whufc_news/status/1281609165845278724

If he also reminds the attackers to score goals he could just be on to something big here

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Strawman posted:

As long as Rodgers doesn't bottle it, it's fine.

lol brutal

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

CyberPingu posted:

Wonder how much they paid to get that decision

Are you suggesting that they've bribed the Court of Arbitration for Sport?

I know it's inconvenient to accept, but have you considered that City's admittedly lovely dealings did actually thread the mile wide loopholes in FFP and the decision being appealed was obviously biased and flawed to a laughable extent?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Wait so the refs actually draw the lines on VAR decisions in the PL? I thought that was the broadcasters.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53370993

Oh dear Jose....to garner trust you need to show signs of improving your team like Klopp did. Not take an almost CL winning team to 10th place in your first season.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Come on, at least quote the funny bit

quote:

"How long it took for Jurgen [Klopp] and Liverpool?" said Mourinho.

"Four years, four seasons. Buying one of the best goalkeepers in the world, buying one of the best centre-backs in the world and so on and so on and so on.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I just read that they will be flying a levy out banner on sunday to complement the arsenal win. gently caress me.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Butterfly Valley posted:

I mean, he has a point that Klopp didn't actually win any trophies until he had Allison and VVD....

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I must confess to not watching enough Liverpool games to form a decent judgement but what makes Alisson great and the no1 for Brazil over Ederson? I can't imagine him having better distribution given how ridiculous Ederson is so I guess he's a brilliant shot stopper too? But I don't think Ederson is a slouch in that department, the goals we concede are usually always the fault of the defence.

Or is it the fact he has a powerful beard and doesn't look like a rebellious teenager

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

'66 World Cup hero and Middlesbrough Legend Jack Charlton has died

https://news.sky.com/story/england-1966-world-cup-hero-jack-charlton-dies-at-85-12026139

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Butterfly Valley posted:

I must confess to not watching enough Liverpool games to form a decent judgement but what makes Alisson great and the no1 for Brazil over Ederson? I can't imagine him having better distribution given how ridiculous Ederson is so I guess he's a brilliant shot stopper too? But I don't think Ederson is a slouch in that department, the goals we concede are usually always the fault of the defence.

Or is it the fact he has a powerful beard and doesn't look like a rebellious teenager

I have no idea tbh. They seem pretty equal.

Maybe Liverpools defense has made Allison look a bit better in the last 2 seasons.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Butterfly Valley posted:

Allison hasn't been lobbed from distance multiple times over the last couple of seasons

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Apart from the clanger at Leicester last season I can't think of too many blunders

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Butterfly Valley posted:

The funniest bit about Mourinho sucking poo poo and rolling excuses off the factory line at Spurs is that he now has all the players he REALLY REALLY WANTED AND NEEDED at United, and it's exactly the same poo poo.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Butterfly Valley posted:

Looking just at save percentage Allison is on 77.9% (which is way down on last season when he was basically superhuman) and Ederson 71.8%. It doesn't seem like much (and they don't play behind the same defence obviously), but it means for every 6 goals Ederson lets in Allison would save one (point something). The 2 worst keepers in the league based on save percentage are T-Rex Pickford (63.4%) and Kepa (58%), how the gently caress is he the most expensive keeper in the world?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Lmao Kepa.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

The Curse of 1966 strikes again.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

CyberPingu posted:

Apart from the clanger at Leicester last season I can't think of too many blunders

I'm overstating it but

https://twitter.com/lfcpassion_3/status/1268533075467788289?s=19

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

I meant from Allison tbh

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

i love this post because it has my favourite Mane goal ever along with a nice Neville "Oooohhhhh" in the follow up tweet

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!
So I'm a super casual American EPL watcher, as in I just watch whatever match is on NBC on Saturday, but I appear to have accidentally become a casual Wolves fan. I just want to check to make sure I haven't made a horrible mistake.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Jethro posted:

So I'm a super casual American EPL watcher, as in I just watch whatever match is on NBC on Saturday, but I appear to have accidentally become a casual Wolves fan. I just want to check to make sure I haven't made a horrible mistake.

Jorge Mendes legally owns 5% of your soul now but other than that no.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jethro posted:

They're fun to watch OP.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i hope jurgen gives me a call to ask for my opinion on this summers transfer movements because i have some real good ideas

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

tbp posted:

i hope jurgen gives me a call to ask for my opinion on this summers transfer movements because i have some real good ideas

Would you say you're doing all of the moves TBP?

Edit: Hope you're doing well in the Northeast hellscape man.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

tbp posted:

Hello this is Jurgen, what should we do forums poster The "tbp" Blind "tbp" Parrot?

:phoneb::phoneline::phoneline::phoneline::phoneline::phoneline::phoneline::phone:

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

tbp posted:

Go on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/RichJolly/status/1282226615141924865

This is an Advanced Stat.