Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

jesus WEP posted:

Yeah no poo poo, Renee was at WWE tapings

Oh my god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
loving Vince man and 9D chess.

I hope Renee, QT, Mox, and QT’s students are all clear or get through it, if they do become positive.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

This has the language of an afterschool special and I really, really appreciate that right now.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

jesus WEP posted:

Yeah no poo poo, Renee was at WWE tapings

Holy loving poo poo

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Glad they're addressing and taking actions on possible exposures and that the performers themselves feel safe and empowered to be the ones to disclose it.

Kinda doesn't make me feel good about the ongoing silence about Roberts and Allin though.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

https://twitter.com/J_Kendall/status/1275809456006279168

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

MorningMoon posted:

This has the language of an afterschool special and I really, really appreciate that right now.

Now we know. And knowing is half the battle.

GO JOE

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Gumball Gumption posted:

Oh yeah, there is a decent chance that's exactly what it is

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1275875343459512321?s=21

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1275844584103456769

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Should they be named? I know AEW just put QT and Mox's names out there, and I think people just want to know all of the details in general but is it important to know who? Should it be up to the talent to make it public or is it on the company to make it public?

Edit: also why did the Twitter embed text suddenly get comically large?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

Oof, that is perfect timing on Mox's part to be available for part 2 of Fyter Fest. Lucky son of a bitch

Also great because now he can come back madder than ever that he had to miss two weeks of beating the poo poo out of some poor fools.

WWE literally killing the business.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Cerebral Bore posted:

Also great because now he can come back madder than ever that he had to miss two weeks of beating the poo poo out of some poor fools.

WWE literally killing the business.

I'd think that if he tests negative he could be back next week -- they're just being super careful and making sure Mox and QT don't even contaminate AEW's testing site.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

WWE SHOOTS on the immunocompromised.

Reigns and Sami were right

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I hope Tony is looking into alternate venues (assuming they want to keep going). Not sure Florida is gonna work for much longer.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ganso Bomb posted:

Should they be named? I know AEW just put QT and Mox's names out there, and I think people just want to know all of the details in general but is it important to know who? Should it be up to the talent to make it public or is it on the company to make it public?

Edit: also why did the Twitter embed text suddenly get comically large?

Its lovely to out people's health records without their consent. On the other hand identifying positive tests is important to inform people who have been exposed. So I don't really know what the right thing to do would be if WWE wanted to name them and the wrestlers didn't. But I suspect WWE didn't want to name them.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

Its lovely to out people's health records without their consent

It's extremely lovely and hopefully illegal, I dunno

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, I don't know all the details but it would be legally complicated to announce who tested positive. At the least you can't do it without the wrestlers permission.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Would it not be a HIPAA violation to name them?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

AEW is going to win the war by way of WWE killing it's entire roster

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Orange Carlisle posted:

AEW is going to win the war by way of WWE killing it's entire roster

Carry it over to the Discord. It's not great, but it's better than nothing.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

this makes me loving furious because they said that WWE was doing NO testing prior to tapings, which is loving BONKERS

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Kvantum posted:

Carry it over to the Discord. It's not great, but it's better than nothing.

I think you are responding to my previous post that I removed because I thought I was in the future of fight island thread but I still appreciate the response

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Dacap posted:

Would it not be a HIPAA violation to name them?
lol

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

What’s the over/under that those who had their HIPAA violated will re-sign/resign

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

JUNGLE BOY posted:

What’s the over/under that those who had their HIPAA violated will re-sign/resign

69/420

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

STAC Goat posted:

Its lovely to out people's health records without their consent. On the other hand identifying positive tests is important to inform people who have been exposed. So I don't really know what the right thing to do would be if WWE wanted to name them and the wrestlers didn't. But I suspect WWE didn't want to name them.

Especially if it's multiple positives, like the report says. They're not going to want to name like 14 people who are positive when they could just let people wonder how many people it is.

I guess maybe it could be easy to tell based on who is on the shows this week, though.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Maybe

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Its interesting that there aren't separate ranking boards for the TNT and AEW titles. Just make your way to the top of the singles rankings and pick one? Is that the fiction? Also the TNT title is apparently being managed separately thus ricky starks etc. But if you split them, who would be in each ladder? Its all curious.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Just, uh, to be totally sure, Mox's history with MRSA doesn't make him a greater risk of covid severely affecting him, does it?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

Its interesting that there aren't separate ranking boards for the TNT and AEW titles. Just make your way to the top of the singles rankings and pick one? Is that the fiction? Also the TNT title is apparently being managed separately thus ricky starks etc. But if you split them, who would be in each ladder? Its all curious.

I can't remember if I made this up or it's actually how it works, but one idea I had in my head is that TNT title shots can be given to anyone in the Top 5 but only the #1 contender can challenge for the World title.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pylons posted:

I can't remember if I made this up or it's actually how it works, but one idea I had in my head is that TNT title shots can be given to anyone in the Top 5 but only the #1 contender can challenge for the World title.

I don’t think they’ve announced that’s how it works.

The way I’ve always interpreted the rankings has been that they just are and don’t necessarily indicate anyone is next in line for a title shot. It’s just an easy shorthand for the promotion to tell people who the top of the card is, and they’ll use it to justify their booking as little or as much as they want at any given time. For example, even though they often are, I don’t think it’s always expressly true that the person that’s ranked #1 is also the #1 contender at any given time.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

It's been established that champions get a lot of leeway into who they can offer title matches to (see Moxley vs. Brodie Lee, Moxley vs. Jake Hager, and Cody's own challenge series), they aren't allowed to duck a number one contender but they can certainly let someone outside the top five take a shot if they are feeling it.

As far as we can tell right now, the main prize is still big plat, but that is only because Cody went straight into an open challenge gimmick which might end up sticking on the TNT belt.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

projecthalaxy posted:

My assumption is just that this means:

1) the rankings are for the world champion, with the TNT champion being a mix of open call and champion's challenge
2) the TNT champion isn't on the world champion rankings because he holds a belt of equal stature already.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

I can't believe Vince continues to gently caress over Mox.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I don't think there's been any kind of real rhyme or reason to rankings and what they mean for title shots. #1 contenders have fallen out of the top spot without receiving a shot, 1s and 2s have faced off for title shots, and 2s, 3s, and I'm pretty sure unranked people have all received shots.

Rankings are just a thing that loosely defines the field. Nothing else seems to hold consistently.

And I think its just a general "Men's Single Rankings" so the TNT belt is there because its a Men's Singles belt.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I am sad that AYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA is no longer in the Top 5, but Yuka is replaced with BIG SWOLE so I'll cope. :allears:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Yeah its interesting. I'm not saying its bad or anything just kinda funny how they made such a to do about the rankings and charts and win records and etc and then they just kinda do storylines like everyone else.

Like i know even shoot things like UFC will make champion vs #3 for this reason or that so its not crazy but it's just not something i see other places. I like it. The records on people's entrances are fun too.

E: they were smart to do yearly records, it would be funny if they didn't though so like John Cena would come out as 655-49 or whatever he is

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I don't think there's been any kind of real rhyme or reason to rankings and what they mean for title shots. #1 contenders have fallen out of the top spot without receiving a shot, 1s and 2s have faced off for title shots, and 2s, 3s, and I'm pretty sure unranked people have all received shots.

Rankings are just a thing that loosely defines the field. Nothing else seems to hold consistently.

And I think its just a general "Men's Single Rankings" so the TNT belt is there because its a Men's Singles belt.

I suppose you have to be ranked #1 for some time in order for your title shot to be locked in, but once it is you're guaranteed the match. Most every other time when someone gets a title shot it's either because they pinned the champ or the champ grants them one.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Pinwiz11 posted:

I am sad that AYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA is no longer in the Top 5, but Yuka is replaced with BIG SWOLE so I'll cope. :allears:

I'd love it if Big Biceps Tony offered Emi Sakura a buttload of cash to run small no-crowd events with AEW women in Japan plus Choco Pro talent. Put the matches on Dark, get Excalibur and Michael Nakazawa to do commentary, it would be awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

projecthalaxy posted:

Yeah its interesting. I'm not saying its bad or anything just kinda funny how they made such a to do about the rankings and charts and win records and etc and then they just kinda do storylines like everyone else.

Like i know even shoot things like UFC will make champion vs #3 for this reason or that so its not crazy but it's just not something i see other places. I like it. The records on people's entrances are fun too.

E: they were smart to do yearly records, it would be funny if they didn't though so like John Cena would come out as 655-49 or whatever he is

I never really felt like the rankings and charts were meant to be set in stone. They're more a sort of "here's how everyone's doing right now" what they can build stories off if they want to.