Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I thought all the wrestlers were already staying in Florida. Pretty sure they aren't flying back after tapings?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Wiltsghost posted:

I thought all the wrestlers were already staying in Florida. Pretty sure they aren't flying back after tapings?

Nah, a bunch were flying back and forth, just that it usually meant once ever three weeks since tapings. Most easily tracked by Sammy's vlog.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

MorningMoon posted:

Nah, a bunch were flying back and forth, just that it usually meant once ever three weeks since tapings. Most easily tracked by Sammy's vlog.

I see. For some reason I thought they all had condos down there.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

MorningMoon posted:

This is absolutely right, but Second Wave feels like it might be what does it. Florida is a hellzone dimension, but on top of that it keeps breaking records nonstop. Most other states are starting to see that second wave and it feels like a matter of days (but it'll be weeks) before everyone can't keep ignoring it all and quarantines start again.

Though this could just mean both companies go to Alaska.

We're in a weird place right now. On one hand MLB, NBA, and NHL are all trying to open up, the POTUS is doing live rallies, and even the states that took it seriously are trying to open back up. On the flip side all the evidence says that's a terrible loving idea headed for disaster and we're seeing the big step of banning/quarantining travel between states. So something's probably gotta break soon.

Maybe that will shut down WWE and/or AEW. Maybe a second sports shutdown (which I think will happen, I don't see them getting their seasons going or finishing if they do) gets wrestling this time. Maybe AEW repeats history and does a bunch of taped shows with a limited roster and tries to power through to the next "opening".

Right now I think the only thing that could shut down AEW is if some of their key people tested positive and exposed the entire company. But if we see more stuff like interstate travel bans then things could just get too impractical to continue.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

STAC Goat posted:

We're in a weird place right now. On one hand MLB, NBA, and NHL are all trying to open up, the POTUS is doing live rallies, and even the states that took it seriously are trying to open back up. On the flip side all the evidence says that's a terrible loving idea headed for disaster and we're seeing the big step of banning/quarantining travel between states. So something's probably gotta break soon.

Maybe that will shut down WWE and/or AEW. Maybe a second sports shutdown (which I think will happen, I don't see them getting their seasons going or finishing if they do) gets wrestling this time. Maybe AEW repeats history and does a bunch of taped shows with a limited roster and tries to power through to the next "opening".

Right now I think the only thing that could shut down AEW is if some of their key people tested positive and exposed the entire company. But if we see more stuff like interstate travel bans then things could just get too impractical to continue.

funny thing about mentioning MLB

https://twitter.com/ShiDavidi/status/1275863581565870081

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Hopefully with Florida going to poo poo they keep everyone who's down there for Dynamite in the stadium complex for a few days of gang tapings and then send everyone home till things calm down a bit (or they relocate I guess?)

At least it's more of the roster than the Georgia tapings.

blunt fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jun 25, 2020

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
HIIPA only applies to the healthcare providers. If a wrestler told wwe and wwe then publicized it they wouldn’t be covered.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Phillies and Rockies too. I'd be shocked if all the teams don't have positive tests in a week. It just seems completely untenable. And you've got NBA players testing positive and sitting out as well. We haven't even gotten to the part where baseball players start choosing not to risk their health and their families.

My money is still on we don't see major sports until the NFL at earliest.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
who will save the Philly Fantatic?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Looking forward to MLB having to put their tail between their legs and cancel the short season they started after like 12 games when half of a team test positive. This poo poo is so loving stupid and it's so transparently only about trying to not take a complete loss for the year.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Have they all been doing their own thing and just happened to test positive or have they had some practices together and then tested positive?

Cancel sports for this year.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

TV Zombie posted:

Have they all been doing their own thing and just happened to test positive or have they had some practices together and then tested positive?

Cancel sports for this year.

I believe some teams have started small group practices, so they're probably infecting each other. Which is just completely inevitable in lockerrooms and its a miracle WWE and AEW haven't had problems until now.

Or at least problems we know of.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

STAC Goat posted:

I believe some teams have started small group practices, so they're probably infecting each other. Which is just completely inevitable in lockerrooms and its a miracle WWE and AEW haven't had problems until now.

correction:

WWE didnt have this problem because they literally didnt do any testing until a week ago

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

STAC Goat posted:

I've @'d every baseball writer on Twitter I saw talking about this new season asking how they're keeping the players safe and nobody got back to me lol. There's a real lack of specific information about player safety out there from what I've found.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Lid posted:

correction:

WWE didnt have this problem because they literally didnt do any testing until a week ago

Yeah, but I'm kind of shocked they didn't just have a bunch of sick people keel over or cough all over the entire locker room.

Of course the problem with this stuff is we have no idea what's being reported and what's not. Like Miz could have had it back at WM and just no one admitted it and he got over it quick or never even got tested to confirm it. For all we know Cody and Brandi have been getting everyone sick on Shots With Brandi and they're all just recovering and hiding it well. Who knows?

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jun 25, 2020

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Everyone should just move into suites in the Jags stadium like I suggested weeks ago. Maybe it's just my own dream of living in a weird sports stadium for some reason.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Ganso Bomb posted:

Everyone should just move into suites in the Jags stadium like I suggested weeks ago. Maybe it's just my own dream of living in a weird sports stadium for some reason.

bar all the entrances/exits and turn it into some kinda Dawn Of The Dead situation

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Ganso Bomb posted:

I like it, just establish a weird tent city in the stadium. End up with a barter system like it's Burning Man. Butcher out there literally chopping up meat and trading it for old music t-shirts. Marko Stunt running around wild on all fours like a feral dog.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

StarkRavingMad posted:

I like it, just establish a weird tent city in the stadium. End up with a barter system like it's Burning Man. Butcher out there literally chopping up meat and trading it for old music t-shirts. Marko Stunt running around wild on all fours like a feral dog.

nature healing :unsmith:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

StarkRavingMad posted:

gently caress yes. This is the only reality I want or will accept.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Ganso Bomb posted:

gently caress yes. This is the only reality I want or will accept.

So Diamond City from Fallout 4? Fenway Park, in other words.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, but I'm kind of shocked they didn't just have a bunch of sick people keel over or cough all over the entire locker room.

Of course the problem with this stuff is we have no idea what's being reported and what's not. Like Miz could have had it back at WM and just no one admitted it and he got over it quick or never even got tested to confirm it. For all we know Cody and Brandi have been getting everyone sick on Shots With Brandi and they're all just recovering and hiding it well. Who knows?

i should note that even "mild" covid19 appears to gently caress you up seriously and potentially permanently so there's no chance of them hiding it

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

flatluigi posted:

i should note that even "mild" covid19 appears to gently caress you up seriously and potentially permanently so there's no chance of them hiding it

It's just so wildly fluctuating in the severity. I know two people who have tested positive for it. One of them had to be hospitalized and was in the ICU for several days. The other one has the equivalent of a minor cold, she's not even coughing, just had a little bit of a temperature one night (like 99.7) and some sinus congestion. She only got tested because she was supposed to babysit the next weekend and she figured better safe than sorry, but she thought there was no way it was actually COVID until the test came back because her reaction was "this feels like allergies." It's just so unpredictable and unknown right now.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My understanding - and its a woefully unqualified one formed from media and news - is that the virus has two stages. The first is the "cold" part and can have a really wide variety of severity from virtually no symptoms to what feels like a minor cold to a nasty flu. Then there's a second part that not everyone gets but if they do it fucks them up and often sends them to the ICU. One of the things I heard over and over again early on in Feb/March is that people could have had it without knowing they had it because they never got that second wave and just thought they had a winter cold/flu.

But I could be very wrong or the understanding of the virus could have changed.

Which is not to say that I'm actually accusing anyone of hiding it. I'm just saying we only really know what they tell/show us.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

No idea how I missed this gloriousness, but (re?)posting it for anyone else who didn't see it

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1275827273090977795

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dynamite Thread.
New Discussion Thread.