Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Does anyone else vaguely recall that time with Luiz when he was with PSG and in some interview he talked about being a virgin still or something similarly weird and easy to ridicule?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
The best and funniest game of football I've possibly seen.

https://youtu.be/a7IMPsyQg6k

Anyone remember who captained Brazil for that game? :thunk:

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

track day bro! posted:

arsenal ruined him, he was ftw at the chels

So great they sold him twice

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

trem_two posted:

We have been landscaping our yard. We bought our house last summer and the yard was just weeds. We started 4 weekends ago and the original plan was that we'd finish today. I've hauled 19 tons of rocks and 10 cubic yards of mulch and we're not even half way done lol.

I fuckin hate rocks!

If it makes you feel better, when I was in high school and got in trouble, my dad made me dig huge holes in our backyard and fill them with big-rear end rocks, cover them up then do it all in reverse. All summer in the Atlanta heat and humidity one year when I got suspended for drinking on a school trip *flicks cigarette trying to be cool, lights self on fire*

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Mr. Mambold posted:

Is your dad a Tibetan buddhist by chance? That's similar to what Marpa had his disciple Milarepa do, but Milarepa's transgression was a bit worse than yours.

He destroyed an entire village (his village, tbf) of lovely people with black magic causing massive rockslides, hailstorms, and idk what else. They'd cheated his family, so.

I don't believe so, he was an...interesting guy, though. Philosophy major at Emory before he became an attorney so I wouldn't be surprised if he was familiar with Milarepa. I'm not though and definitely want to read more.

Think it mainly came from him being raised with corporal punishment from his shithead dad, who he hated so much he changed his surname and when his father wrote him a letter saying he was going to kill himself, my dad refused to go see him one last time :staredog:

So yeah, some pretty hosed up stuff but he did the best he could and I turned out ok.

To end this e/n tangent on a slightly positive note, I still have a photo of the "tree house" fort on stilts he built for us as kids hanging in front of my desk - he wasn't an architect or carpenter or anything like that by trade but since he was from the generation of "never show emotion or sentiment," it was one of the only ways he could express his love for my brother and me :unsmith:

(Don't know what that huge bit of fuzz is)