Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«71 »
LionYeti
Oct 11, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Unfortunately, if reports are to be believed Vinny Mac is hugely into Matt so he's not gonna get fired or depushed anytime soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Hopkins FBI posted:

barnacle jim lookin' rear end

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

LionYeti posted:

Unfortunately, if reports are to be believed Vinny Mac is hugely into Matt so he's not gonna get fired or depushed anytime soon.

This is honestly one of the most surprising "Vince loves this" situations I've ever heard about.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Are you actually surprised though?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Hirez posted:

Are you actually surprised though?

I mean, if it's based solely on "is a sex predator" then no.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

plz remember that it was ~ME~ who told you that everything you like is actually really not good, because I knew all along.

Bix made a great point on Twitter:

If Riddle admitted to having an affair with Candy last year (which he already lied about)

What was the thing Dave said WWE knew about when they signed him

Because they didn't sign him last year, they signed him in mid-2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

This is honestly one of the most surprising "Vince loves this" situations I've ever heard about.

I mean, he's a huge douchebag alpha bro even without this stuff. What's surprising that Vince would like him? Everything about Riddle that raises flags for me or makes my skin crawl is something I expect Vince and HHH and WWE to love. And that he's also a dude who at best cheats on his wife and then acts like some kind of victim and calls his mistresses crazy? This is like toxic male rear end in a top hat dream.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

If Riddle admitted to having an affair with Candy last year (which he already lied about)

His lawyer also said they'd been aware of "two years of this performer stalking the Riddle family"

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, he's a huge douchebag alpha bro even without this stuff. What's surprising that Vince would like him? Everything about Riddle that raises flags for me or makes my skin crawl is something I expect Vince and HHH and WWE to love. And that he's also a dude who at best cheats on his wife and then acts like some kind of victim and calls his mistresses crazy? This is like toxic male rear end in a top hat dream.

I donít know, I was just under the impression from various reports that at least Vince wasnít a fan of him. But I could certainly see the sexual assaults and cheating and unrepentance as a huge plus for them.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Can't help but notice that he's not at all addressing the Jamie Senegal stuff, either.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I donít know, I was just under the impression from various reports that at least Vince wasnít a fan of him. But I could certainly see the sexual assaults and cheating and unrepentance as a huge plus for them.

I don't know the reports. It just strikes me that Riddle is the modern version of that thing Vince and WWE and wrestling have always loved. In the 80s it was big muscled up linebackers like the Road Warriors. Tough guys and badasses. In 2020 its "bros" who don't give a poo poo and have real fighting backgrounds. And if they treat women like garbage and play victim about it? Bonus.

Vagabundo
Mar 20, 2007

Donncha wish your girlfriend was hot like me?
Donncha wish your girlfriend was a freak like me?

STAC Goat posted:

Remember when Drew McIntyre got punished for not hitting his then-wife? Of course Vince would be loving this poo poo with Riddle.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016
Congrats to Bix on his fav character King K Rool getting into smash!

fadmonkey posted:

I think that if #Speaking Out were to hit more mainstream outlets there would probably be more WWE stories coming out. It seems like this is circulating in a wrestling bubble, which is why so many indies are getting hit because indy fans are the ones paying attention. Can you imagine how many stories arenít getting out because people donít know there is a movement going on?
And it hasn't hit mainstream because there are very specific rules about how to report sexual misconduct allegations at mainstream outlets, and the vast majority of what we saw being self-reported allegations on social media doesn't fit within those rules.

As for Riddle...yeah, what WAS Meltzer talking about and who told him that, because Riddle's current story (Cartwright made up the surprise sex allegation as part of her stalkery revenge on him for ending the affair, which we know ran into last year) doesn't mesh with him telling WWE the allegation was out there when he signed in summer 2018. And how the hell did nobody tell him not to wear SPLX poo poo for the time being, much less IN THAT VIDEO?

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

I think Riddle just doesnít give a gently caress about anything so Vince canít rattle him and that is historically endearing to Vince for whatever reason.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Eh, we'll see if Vince still likes Riddle after six months, aka how long it usually takes for him to get bored with talent not named Roman Reigns or Charlotte.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

ME BOSS
YOU NOT

CombineThresher posted:

Eh, we'll see if Vince still likes Riddle after six months, aka how long it usually takes for him to get bored with talent not named Roman Reigns or Charlotte.

It usually goes like this

NXT star debuts->Corbin Feud->Ēthe fans arenít responding to thisĒ-> Relegated to Main Event

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Dacap posted:

It usually goes like this

NXT star debuts->Corbin Feud->”the fans aren’t responding to this”-> Relegated to Main Event

spoilers, gosh

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Don't get my name wrong,
If you want to touch me there.

Vagabundo posted:

Remember when Drew McIntyre got punished for not hitting his then-wife? Of course Vince would be loving this poo poo with Riddle.

This doesn't get mentioned enough.

Vince McMahon punished Drew McIntyre professionally for doing the right thing in his private life. And probably laughed about it backstage too.

What sort of culture does this build in his company? How does that make other wrestlers who would want to speak out, or otherwise do the right thing feel? Knowing that they are likely to be punished for not laughing hard enough about the "pussy who didn't hit his girlfriend back so we fired him".

So congrats and huge respect for all those brave enough to have come forward and Speak Out.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

Fundamentals as sound as the WNBA

Chris James 2 posted:

Dozens of affairs or cocaine.

https://twitter.com/WrestleFactory_...823033385684994

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Jul 9, 2020

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

GET BACK UP

My guess is "other affairs and someone either getting confused or Riddle/WWE intentionally muddying things" because I'd be very surprised if this is the only affair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Gumball Gumption posted:

My guess is "other affairs and someone either getting confused or Riddle/WWE intentionally muddying things" because I'd be very surprised if this is the only affair.

I know for a fact (NOT A LEGAL FACT) he was riding all around him on the indies in Europe.

«71 »