Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Yukio Sakaguchi even has a back piece
Out of all those mentioned, he's the only one from who I get "maybe he is?" vibes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

JOHN CENA posted:

i read that as mjf just happened to be in the apartment with those two when david was ranting about how to handle and spin victoria's accusations, unless there's more stuff i'm missing?

I really hope you are right, because I have really been enjoying MJF lately.

Also, because I am a mark, I put great weight to the old wrestling saying "The bigger the heel, the nicer the real person". I don't want to be proven wrong.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!
The British government has started to take notice of what is going on and has set up an All Party Parliamentary Group for Wrestling that will investigate British wrestling.

The good news?

If this gets bumped up to a Parliamentary committee all evidence to a sitting Parliamentary committee is considered privileged and not subject to libel/slander, and reporting what has been said is covered under privilege as well.

https://cultaholic.com/posts/exclusive-cultaholic-speaks-to-mark-fletcher-mp-co-chair-of-the-all-party-parliamentary-group-on-wrestling

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Foxtrot_13 posted:

The British government has started to take notice of what is going on and has set up an All Party Parliamentary Group for Wrestling that will investigate British wrestling.

The good news?

If this gets bumped up to a Parliamentary committee all evidence to a sitting Parliamentary committee is considered privileged and not subject to libel/slander, and reporting what has been said is covered under privilege as well.

https://cultaholic.com/posts/exclusive-cultaholic-speaks-to-mark-fletcher-mp-co-chair-of-the-all-party-parliamentary-group-on-wrestling

loving hell, wish I hadn't read that because now I know there's a Tory MP whose favourite wrestler is Big Tam Ishii & I can't completely hate him anymore which is very much against my every fibre.

(This is definitely a good step though)

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

forkboy84 posted:

loving hell, wish I hadn't read that because now I know there's a Tory MP whose favourite wrestler is Big Tam Ishii & I can't completely hate him anymore which is very much against my every fibre.

(This is definitely a good step though)

Oh god same :gonk:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

forkboy84 posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck :negative:

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

big tom is simply so powerful he can penetrate the most rotten and destroyed brains to access the euphoric part of the brain.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

BBC Sport report on Speaking Out in the UK, speaking to Millie McKenzie amongst others.

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/1310121244474441729?s=19

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/_hernameismax_/status/1310608218440294402?s=20

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Someone on reddit posted this, says it's a DM exchange between his 16 year old sister and Lawler. Don't know if it's real, but lol I'm not giving Lawler the benefit of the doubt.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/j0ufyc/why_some_people_have_a_problem_with_jerry_the/g6vjmg8/

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Sounds like Lawler gonna get a raise from WWE now!

No but seriously that’s gross. But it’s really no secret he does this so I don’t know what this will change. I hope it changes something but the guy is immune from punishment for some reason.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Sure is a link to your own locked account. Mind elaborating?

Oh this is from last week, welp.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Evil Badman posted:

Sure is a link to your own locked account. Mind elaborating?

Oh this is from last week, welp.
Yeah, it's this: https://babyfacevheel.substack.com/p/debunking-a-matt-riddle-candy-cartwright

I preferred embedding the tweet because it looked nicer. Like this:
https://twitter.com/BabyfacevHeel/status/1308525779916075010
And speaking of stupid:
https://twitter.com/brian_mark88/status/1309635972938838016

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dimebags Brain posted:

Someone on reddit posted this, says it's a DM exchange between his 16 year old sister and Lawler. Don't know if it's real, but lol I'm not giving Lawler the benefit of the doubt.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/j0ufyc/why_some_people_have_a_problem_with_jerry_the/g6vjmg8/

Jesus Christ this is so, so loving gross.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

Who the gently caress asks a 16 YEAR OLD about sleeping alone?!? How in the gently caress does he thinks this is what 16 year olds want to hear from an old rear end man?

That doctor should have never saved his rear end.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

ICR posted:

Sounds like Lawler gonna get a raise from WWE now!

No but seriously that’s gross. But it’s really no secret he does this so I don’t know what this will change. I hope it changes something but the guy is immune from punishment for some reason.

The reason is Vince really, really, really doesn't care if his employees gently caress teenagers.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

ChrisBTY posted:

The reason is Vince really, really, really doesn't care if his employees gently caress teenagers.

I assume it impresses him.

But always remember... no one else in WWE's hierarchy cares either.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Is it me or does it feel like there would have been more of an effort made to make the screenshots a smoking gun if it were fake? I'm not saying I think one is more likely just yet, but do we know yet if the girl's profile had her age? (Unless I missed something, the messages didn't.)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think that logic works either way. Someone could be trying too hard or trying too little. Ultimately you gotta just take it for whatever evidence comes forward, I guess.

The reality of it being Lawler of course is that we KNOW this is who he is so there's not really a question of that. Its just a question of if there's a new victim.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

davidbix posted:

Is it me or does it feel like there would have been more of an effort made to make the screenshots a smoking gun if it were fake? I'm not saying I think one is more likely just yet, but do we know yet if the girl's profile had her age? (Unless I missed something, the messages didn't.)

In a later reddit post he said his sister’s age was in her bio and that she constantly posted about high school.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

And it was posted yesterday and literally nobody picked up the story. Just swept under the rug, again.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
don't worry, WWE noticed! https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1310747251745140736

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Wow show the rest of your rosters text messages too

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jerry Lawler is even involved in the angle.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1310746805630627840?s=19

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

STAC Goat posted:

I think that logic works either way. Someone could be trying too hard or trying too little. Ultimately you gotta just take it for whatever evidence comes forward, I guess.
I agree, I'm just thinking out loud.

quote:

The reality of it being Lawler of course is that we KNOW this is who he is so there's not really a question of that. Its just a question of if there's a new victim.
...but...we don't have anything that provable. Even if we all "know" and he did a ton to make himself look guilty the one time he was charged.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Joey Ryan Files Multi-Million Dollar Lawsuit Against Speaking Out Accusers

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

That's usually the next step after being "Born Again"

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

So he’s playing both “I did it and I feel so guilty about it that I’ve changed my life and found Jesus” and “I didn’t do it and now I’ll see you in court”

What?

(I didn’t watch his hour long bullshit thing so if he came up with some other reason for being Born Again I guess it’s irrelevant)

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

He basically wants the accusers to retract their accusations so he can play the "THIS WAS DISPROVEN IN A COURT OF LAW" card

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Ah, the Lowtax Manoeuvre

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

If any of that motherfucker's victims has a legal fund I want to donate to it.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

davidbix posted:

...but...we don't have anything that provable. Even if we all "know" and he did a ton to make himself look guilty the one time he was charged.

yeah if being an old creep was illegal then like 90% of people that went to the restaurant i used to work at would be in jail

from the original poster, he never said anything directly soliciting sex or similar, he was "just" being a pervert. they mention not having anything chargeable which sounds about right for someone who already had a close call

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1311040026625572864?s=19

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Not to backseat mod, but I REALLY hope that everyone (here and elsewhere, but especially reporters) makes sure to understand that Ryan naming the accusers whose allegations were shared by Sierra Loxton doesn't mean that anyone else should be. It doesn't matter how easy it is or isn't to find.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

https://rajah.com/node/joey-ryan-files-multi-million-dollar-lawsuit-against-three-his-speakingout-accusers posted:

-- After being accused by multiple women in the #SpeakingOut movement earlier this year, Joey Ryan has filed a lawsuit against three of the women in US court, claiming their false allegations has caused him not only significant financial losses, but has damaged his reputation. In total, Ryan is seeking $15 million in damages by contending the following loss of revenue (separate from his claims of losing social media followers on Twitter and Instagram.

$1500 per month from distribution and streaming services and $2000 per event with two events per month with Bar Wrestling

$1000 per month in merchandising

$3000 per month with Patreon

$500 per month with Cameo

$1000 per month plus subscription shares and tips from subscribers with Twitch

$8000 to $10000 per month in booking fees related to other wrestling events

-- Ryan is seeking $200,000 from each of the three women for each month (since June) for economic damages, $5 million in non-economic damages and $10 million for punitive and exemplary damages.

Those certainly are some numbers 👀

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

I'm not sure I understand the strategy of "I want these accusations to go away so I'll put myself under oath" unless you REALLY didn't do anything, which... doesn't seem to be the case?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't know why he would do this after putting out a lovely half-apology. i understand he didn't claim all of his actions in that video but still. i'm glad he's a dumb rear end so that there's less of a chance of harassing and preying on his victims further. just leave them alone.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

It’s a pretty common tactic unfortunately. He’ll ask for more money than any of those women have or are willing to risk and then say he’s willing to accept a very small settlement to end it so that he can publicly claim he won.

It wasn’t a sexual assault case but that Covington Catholic dipshit did the same kind of thing with CNN and WaPo. He was never going to win his cases but his family had enough money to drag it out to the point that the media outlets’ commercial insurance carriers were willing to settle for less to make it go away. Essentially they could pay a couple hundred thousand to win or pay like 75k to make the kid piss off.

Joey’s trying the same thing on a significantly smaller level. He’ll probably settle for a couple thousand for the purpose of then being able to say he’s vindicated by the fact that they settled.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Before today I didn't think I could think Joey Ryan was a bigger piece of poo poo. I was wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
He’s released another epically long YouTube video or is this the same one from before?