Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Rarity posted:

The women leading the movement are already keeping a list of all these as well

What I’ve seen is just a list of names but no context; I appreciated the spreadsheet with the “creep” and “rapist” designations.

And yeah- a little bit of hornyposting is fine but woof it is way over the top. Avs focusing directly on asses is annoying too.

the escape goat fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jun 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

the escape goat posted:

What I’ve seen is just a list of names but no context; I appreciated the spreadsheet with the “creep” and “rapist” designations.

seems like a lot of people didn’t appreciate it or the related twitter self promotion at all. two categories barely counts as “context”

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Have any major news outlets actually published a story on this yet or is just the BBC radio stuff?

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

WatermelonGun posted:

seems like a lot of people didn’t appreciate it or the related twitter self promotion at all. two categories barely counts as “context”

I shouldn’t have used the word “context”, but... I’ve said it before in the thread, after my experiences I would’ve put sliding into DMs on the same level as what Devlin did.

It’s a lot of heavy poo poo to sift through, and I’m glad everything is coming to light, but I wish it was laid out a bit differently? I dunno.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Tato posted:

Have any major news outlets actually published a story on this yet or is just the BBC radio stuff?

Forbes, probably because it can affect the PRECIOUS WWE STOCK

Sports Illustrated

That's it for the US

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't want to derail but i also don't want to post in another thread about this when it was brought up only here and is something weird to talk about on the subforum. I'm sorry for my part in making anyone uncomfortable to post here due to contributing to any sleaziness or anything else of that nature. i don't really feel like i have done much in that regard on the forum but one thing i remember clearly is posting that image of hikaru shida posing with the katana and it kind of became a thing for like 2 pages of a thread with people saying "a-oo-ga" type messages and whatnot. I think it was a GDT but I have below-average recall ability. i won't post that picture or things like it again. That is the end of the message so thanks for reading if you did

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Benne posted:

The hornyposting has gotten really gross and out of control in the past few months, and clearly isn't as ironic as people want to claim it is. We've had multiple people admit that it's made them uncomfortable and not want to post in certain threads anymore.

Noted. We can all do better.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

MorrisBae posted:

Forbes, probably because it can affect the PRECIOUS WWE STOCK

Sports Illustrated

That's it for the US

Forbes farms out almost all their content to bloggers, there's sometimes WWE things listed next to weekly Fortnite news.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mob posted:

weekly Fortnite

ow my brain

cams
Mar 28, 2003

yeah hornyposting is very fun for me and i like when others hornypost. guy who said it was right, in that (my specific) horny posting was never ironic, it was sincere cause that amuses me. i justified that knowing that i am a boring, well behaved nerd irl, but i'm also a man who has not been exposed to sexual assault firsthand. i'll knock it off though since it seems to have been genuinely upsetting people rather than just offending certain sensibilities. i don't extensively read threads and mostly post to amuse myself, and i can manage that without upsetting folks who don't deserve it.

tbh i really am not aware of people hornyposting other than me cause i don't pay much attention, but i'm aware of what i've done personally so i'll own that part.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
it might be a good idea to start a thread about subforum culture so that people can speak up at length and we can spitball fixes to make sure everyone who is a fan of what this sub is for feels comfortable posting and reading threads (if there are any fans left after the next few days sigh)

I'm kind of new around here, and have noticed the strange antagonism around horny posting, i think there's a lot of it happening sincerely, ironically and also being commented on in a meta way, with people kinda sliding around themselves to different modes.

wrestlers are pretty people who generally want to show off their body attributes (which usually represent thousands of hours of hard work) but obviously we can do better in how we acknowledge that and post about it if people are uncomfortable and staying away from chat threads, also apologies if I've ever posted anything that made someone so :(

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

Super No Vacancy posted:

the thing about just making a list of names is you just get this onslaught of names and then there are people who are accused of being serial rapists next to people whose allegations appear to be like, inappropriate DM sliding with adults. and then just the quantity of people becomes overwhelming and people cant keep up with the degree of severity and it makes it easier for the really bad actors to minimize their behavior

The other issue you have is that one of the lists being shared around is getting PM stories from people that they've been asked to keep anonymous (100% fair enough; no problems with that) and then adding their names to their list without any context as to why they are on there. Like Zack Sabre is on that list and when asked why (which is I think a fair question: just in case you've missed something) and the reply is "we received a DM" with no other details and when the list contains a whole scale of things from rapists and paedophiles (which is irredeemable) to people who based on what we know have slid into DMs in an inappropriate way (I think that's all the Tyler Bate stuff at this point?) and you have no idea where on the scale he fits. I'm not saying the guy is innocent (we cannot say and you believe victims) but I think that if you are grouping someone in a long list of people its only fair to give a little bit of context.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

smarxist posted:

it might be a good idea to start a thread about subforum culture so that people can speak up at length and we can spitball fixes to make sure everyone who is a fan of what this sub is for feels comfortable posting and reading threads (if there are any fans left after the next few days sigh)

Agree on this point. It's very good to periodically re-asses where we're at as a community and what we want and how we want to co-exist in this space together and to make sure everyone is comfortable and feels welcome.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
a meta thread sounds miserable but maybe it will make this place fun again and not a depressing and toxic shithole

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

WatermelonGun posted:

a meta thread sounds miserable but maybe it will make this place fun again and not a depressing and toxic shithole

doubtful

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

i said maybe

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
April Hunter hasn't named anyone, but she's been riffing on her Twitter feed for like an hour about everything she's encountered as a woman in the business

Highly recommended

https://twitter.com/AprilHunter/status/1274042423962894336

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Horny posting is very gross but it feels like speaking up against it just gets you told to stop being a buzzkill or whatever.

Like I get we live in sex positive times and that's super cool but there's still a time and a place for discussions of all the different things that encompass it. Other people not wanting to hear about how much you love a particular wrestler's body parts doesn't make them the ones in the wrong, that's on you.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

smarxist posted:

ugh that sounds awful i'll just stop posting completely instead

tbh i treat something awful as a garbage dump where i go to root around in the trash when i'm bored or anxious, so will absolutely own up to not being considerate to other people. hell, i really had no idea until these last couple pages that anyone was genuinely upset by it, so i'm definitely the rear end in a top hat.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

the escape goat posted:

Avs focusing directly on asses is annoying too.

Thank god for adblock

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

Horny posting is very gross but it feels like speaking up against it just gets you told to stop being a buzzkill or whatever.

it definitely owned when people would post like "hey the horny posting is kinda weird and awkward" and a mod would come in to say lol nah this is the Hornt Zone, deal with it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I loving hate the "ironic" horny posting too. You can just imagine the loving creeps behind the computer

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Like I get we live in sex positive times and that's super cool but there's still a time and a place for discussions of all the different things that encompass it. Other people not wanting to hear about how much you love a particular wrestler's body parts doesn't make them the ones in the wrong, that's on you.

I always thought it was very off when people would rag on JR for saying something creepy about a woman (which is justified) then those same people would do the exact same over Brandi, Anna Jay, Statlander, so on and so forth.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I'm just piling on at this point, but the horny posting shits up the AEW threads especially where I end up scrolling through pages at a time of worthless posts. There's zero need for it.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
Gabe Sapolsky

https://twitter.com/elizascornberry/status/1274038598862401536

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Huntman posted:

I always thought it was very off when people would rag on JR for saying something creepy about a woman (which is justified) then those same people would do the exact same over Brandi, Anna Jay, Statlander, so on and so forth.
because jr is an ugly old man and people are predisposed to their prejudices with regards to certain types of uncouth behavior. see:

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I loving hate the "ironic" horny posting too. You can just imagine the loving creeps behind the computer
there is an idea that most people have, mostly subconscious, that "creepy guy" is a certain type of person and if you're not that type of person, it's all in good fun. it's probably similar how a ton of wrestlers justified it, in that they are considered "hot dudes" (or ladies) therefore they aren't the gross creeps out there making women uncomfortable, they're the ones women want to hit on them.

i'm guilty of this as i said before, in that i am good boy who is extremely pretty with good hair, so i thought it was okay for me to hornypost my real hornyfeelings because i am not what people would think of as a "creepy guy" if they knew me. but on the internet, i am just a 4 letter name with a roman reigns avatar that someone bought me years ago, posting about horniness or jerking off because i did standup for a brief period years ago and people laughed at it when i did it then.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/LeanneMarieWres/status/1274050745105555459

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

cams posted:

because jr is an ugly old man and people are predisposed to their prejudices with regards to certain types of uncouth behavior. see:
there is an idea that most people have, mostly subconscious, that "creepy guy" is a certain type of person and if you're not that type of person, it's all in good fun. it's probably similar how a ton of wrestlers justified it, in that they are considered "hot dudes" (or ladies) therefore they aren't the gross creeps out there making women uncomfortable, they're the ones women want to hit on them.

i'm guilty of this as i said before, in that i am good boy who is extremely pretty with good hair, so i thought it was okay for me to hornypost my real hornyfeelings because i am not what people would think of as a "creepy guy" if they knew me. but on the internet, i am just a 4 letter name with a roman reigns avatar that someone bought me years ago, posting about horniness or jerking off because i did standup for a brief period years ago and people laughed at it when i did it then.

No dude. It's creepy regardless of what you look like.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

No dude. It's creepy regardless of what you look like.
that's what my post says

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

the escape goat posted:

Avs focusing directly on asses is annoying too.

Duly noted. And I'll be calming down in general, sorry everyone.

e: Godammit my gangtags

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

WatermelonGun posted:

It's super surprising to find out that someone thinks that & a total bummer. I'll be honest, from what threads I read I had an overwhelmingly positive opinion on this subforum & it's culture outside of WWE fans finding they aren't made welcome with the negativity towards WWE in the WWE threads. Sorry you & others feel that way & I will certainly try be aware & improve my posting though, hope everyone can have the experience I have when it comes to posting about wrestling with goons.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Buttz Krew was a time honored Wh2k tradition but it was still creepy then

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

cams posted:

shut up dude this isn’t really the thread to try to be funny in.

i’m off to a juneteenth thing but wrestling sucks, this subforum sucks, everyone get it the gently caress together. christ.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

WatermelonGun posted:

shut up dude this isn’t really the thread to try to be funny in.

i’m off to a juneteenth thing but wrestling sucks, this subforum sucks, everyone get it the gently caress together. christ.

what about that post is trying to be funny

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Maybe this isn't the best comparison but it sounds like the AEW threads are very similar to the old Games AGDQ threads where people thought "oh this hornyposting is just harmless fun" until eventually people were posting fanart of underage looking characters in sexual situations and people outside the thread culture were like "what the everloving gently caress is going on in here"

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i was not trying to be funny, that was a completely sincere post about how people tend to define "creepiness" in a certain way and illustrate how i myself was guilty of it. i was okay being creepy on the internet cause i know i am not a creepy guy, and i didn't really think it was making people actively uncomfortable. but, given the current sentiment, i am admitting i was wrong in how i acted.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

cams posted:

i was not trying to be funny, that was a completely sincere post about how people tend to define "creepiness" in a certain way and illustrate how i myself was guilty of it. i was okay being creepy on the internet cause i know i am not a creepy guy, and i didn't really think it was making people actively uncomfortable. but, given the current sentiment, i am admitting i was wrong in how i acted.

No, dude. Making horny posts is a creepy thing to do. Doing creepy poo poo makes you a creep, regardless of whether you think you are or aren't one.

You literally just wrote "I was ok being creepy on the internet". You knew you were being creepy.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

No, dude. Making horny posts is a creepy thing to do. Doing creepy poo poo makes you a creep, regardless of whether you think you are or aren't one.
that's... what that post says too?

am i being gaslit

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Hey folks, I've done horny posting in the past and I hope I didn't take it too far. Not for me to decide. If I did take it too far for anyone I'm really sorry. I will not be doing it anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

You literally just wrote "I was ok being creepy on the internet". You knew you were being creepy.

read the whole post dude