Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Honestly all that did was remind me I was still following Chikara so I could correct that error.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

#joindarkorder

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Lamuella posted:

Quack just posted... whatever the gently caress this is

https://twitter.com/MikeQuackenbush/status/1276863422756421635
It's difficult to watch but not because of the content but because of Quackenbush

At least he's being human and trying to apologize and actually owning up to things.

Kittenmasque
Jun 24, 2020

Lamuella posted:

Addressing serious allegations with a worked promo :thunk:

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Kittenmasque posted:

Addressing serious allegations with a worked promo :thunk:

e: ugh just saw your full post in the CHIKARA thread and sorry for leaping to conclusions

thanks for sharing your story

weekly font fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jun 27, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It is unquestionably an extremely dorkus video to make instead of typing it out. Suit, backdrop, script, lighting rig, big boy announcing voice. But he could feel that all makes it as genuine in appearance as it is in his heart and that's a good gesture if so. i do not know this guy.

Kittenmasque
Jun 24, 2020

weekly font posted:

that's a fairly disingenuous read on that if you watched it all, person who signed up and paid lowtax money after he was outed as a monster

I expected that to be cringey just cause Quack but it seems pretty genuine, at least more so than screenshotting your notes app to twitter. Doesn't excuse or relieve any of what happened but it's a step in the right direction.

I have my reasons and I have donated to RAINN but while it's nice that he apologized if you don't recognize it as a worked promo and feel it's genuine and appropriate then I'll just agree to disagree

weekly font posted:

e: ugh just saw your full post in the CHIKARA thread and sorry for leaping to conclusions

thanks for sharing your story

no problem

Kittenmasque fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jun 27, 2020

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He got dressed in his finest Goodwill suit to make himself look like a big boy who learned his lesson and matured, like he hasn't been doing awful poo poo for decades and was fine continuing doing it even when his own staff would talk about hearing rumors of it

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Kittenmasque posted:

I have my reasons and I have donated to RAINN but while it's nice that he apologized if you don't recognize it as a worked promo and feel it's genuine and appropriate then I'll just agree to disagree

i edited before you posted but sure

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Thank You for the information, other posters.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I clicked around the Quack video and he's just doing promo voice and it's really weird.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

RealFoxy posted:

All of this is personal experience but in high school "rape" was a really common joke along with dead baby jokes and other early internet humor. One of my friends pulled me aside and explained to me what she had been through so I tried to put a stop to that kind of joke among my friends and half of them agreed is was disgusting and inappropriate once they knew someone it happened to and the other part thought it was funnier to use it more often.

A bunch of my friends in college loved a song called "Baby Raper" so loving much.

I gradually grew apart from them.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
My friends and I said every edgelord thing in the book up to and including slurs through like our Sophomore year of college, I remember reading these forums in HS and thinking how funny that stupid poo poo was. The moment where I realized I hadn't said "rape" as a joke or anything in a long time was when I went to a bowling alley with some guys from HS the next year and one of them literally said "raaaaaaaapppppeeeee" after getting left with some kind of hanging split and I felt a huge sinking feeling in my gut of discomfort that I was associating with this person in a public space.

I was definitely a hosed up rear end in a top hat who said lots of lovely things when I was < 20, being a wealthy white Jewish kid who'd been a target of my fair share of slurs and bullying growing up, and then I started being friends with women and more than a handful of PoC and realized what a piece of poo poo I was and stopped. I even finally got myself to stop calling things "retarded" a couple years ago, which took a loving lot of work since it was probably one of the most commonly used words between my friends and I for 15 years or so. Hopefully Sammy grows up and does better, and hopefully at some point is held accountable for that story about holding the waitress against the car, because while my friends and I said lots of bad poo poo I'm pretty sure none of us ever did something close to that terrible.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RealFoxy posted:

It's difficult to watch but not because of the content but because of Quackenbush

At least he's being human and trying to apologize and actually owning up to things.

It's not owning up when you spend the first 8 minutes of a video saying you didn't see anything but you believe the person, that something never happened or that a thing happened but it was totally innocent, but your feelings are valid.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Lamuella posted:

The worked promo feel mixed with him barely holding back tears feels very, "I LIKE BEER, OKAY?!"

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Im catching up on one of my favorite podcasts and they have Quack in as a guest. One of the questions they ask is the guests Mount Rushmore of TV shows. Previous guests would answer the question in 3 minutes and they're off to the next question. Quack takes like 15 minutes to explain the intricacies of how he implemented aspects of Lost and SNL's Improv style to his CHIKARA story-lines. :wtc:

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

About 12 minutes he starts trying to fake cry. It's disgusting

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

TUS posted:

Im catching up on one of my favorite podcasts and they have Quack in as a guest. One of the questions they ask is the guests Mount Rushmore of TV shows. Previous guests would answer the question in 3 minutes and they're off to the next question. Quack takes like 15 minutes to explain the intricacies of how he implemented aspects of Lost and SNL's Improv style to his CHIKARA story-lines. :wtc:

Hermit Crab, Cajun Crawdad and Diner Lobster could have won King of Trios.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Lince seems to not be buying it.

https://twitter.com/LuchadorLD/status/1276924345890353152

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
In addition to Lince almost dying at a CHIKARA show in 2007 and Quack seemingly not caring, Quack fired Lince in 2010 after Lince appeared maskless in an episode of "Last Call with Scott Hall" in 2010

IIRC Scott brought his camcorder backstage at a Florida indie show and asked Lince to introduce himself for the camera.

Quack saw it as Lince disrespecting kayfabe and fired him.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The idea that the man behind CHIKARA thinks the business should be taken super seriously will always be funny to me

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
When Saturyne left CHIKARA and showed up in WSU maskless as Hania, I posted about it on a CHIKARA message board and instantly got a DM from Kobald screaming at me to take it down cause people high up in CHIKARA (Quack) were really upset over it. The lengths of kayfabe protecting Quack goes thru is insane at times.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Throw Solo Darling in the dumpster too. She's coming out defending Quack. There is nothing in that video that comes anywhere close to qualifying as "real"

https://twitter.com/SoloDarling/status/1276907469659389952

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

DM Punk posted:

When Saturyne left CHIKARA and showed up in WSU maskless as Hania, I posted about it on a CHIKARA message board and instantly got a DM from Kobald screaming at me to take it down cause people high up in CHIKARA (Quack) were really upset over it. The lengths of kayfabe protecting Quack goes thru is insane at times.

Turns out Kobald was a piece of poo poo too, wow!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Prime Time Pro is on indefinite hiatus with the owner committed to a mental health hospital.

https://twitter.com/primetimepw/status/1276901820020011008?s=21

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

MorrisBae posted:

In addition to Lince almost dying at a CHIKARA show in 2007 and Quack seemingly not caring, Quack fired Lince in 2010 after Lince appeared maskless in an episode of "Last Call with Scott Hall" in 2010

IIRC Scott brought his camcorder backstage at a Florida indie show and asked Lince to introduce himself for the camera.

Quack saw it as Lince disrespecting kayfabe and fired him.

I could be wrong, but I remember it not so much that Quack fired him, but his angry reaction to it (they were building up an angle of Lince losing his mask, so I can see where Quack was coming from) was enough to piss Lince off enough to start no-showing.

But Quack refusing to in any way bury the hatchet definitely tracks with Chris Hero's shoot interview.

It always amazed me that "Chris Hero returns to Chikara to do ANYTHING" would have been this huge deal for years, but Quack could never move forward.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
This is completely bizarre.

https://twitter.com/JoshuaWellsWF/status/1276970017515585539

Also if you need help figuring out what to think of Quack's apology I made this:

https://twitter.com/mongo_ebooks/status/1276987307254562820

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Impact has cut all ties with Michael Elgin. Rest in Piss Elgin you loving suck anyways.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

MassRafTer posted:

Also if you need help figuring out what to think of Quack's apology I made this:

lmao

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
I've never heard Quack speak before, and well... lol

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/LocalSoundwave/status/1276954146898350082

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jesus Christ I just watched that video. It's so badly done. Literally looks like a promo

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

MassRafTer posted:

Well done

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Pretty much the example of what I think a normal, human, and meaningful apology looks like. Nailed it!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i wish we could goldmine posts.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
For some reason I believe Quack doesn't talk about his sexual relationships with anybody.

He strikes me as more of a group email guy.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

lmao

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
From the YouTube comments of Quack's stupid video:

quote:

i told travis huckabee i had a neck issue and asked if it would be a problem in early training and he said no then he had me do a bridge on my neck after doing an hour of bumps and rolls and stepped onto my body with his full weight, putting it entirely on my neck. i was then injured and couldnt return to training. lmao.

the idea that your school would never intentionally hurt someone is kind of a joke after that because even if your trainers didnt do it out of malice they did out of ignorance and your total lack of vetting and oversight is responsible

also quack immediately ended correspondence with me and ignored questions after he got the info he needed (i wasnt going to sue.) until then he was playing a perfect gentleman about it.

Disturbing

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

loving perfect. And after watching just this short bit, I really don't think I could make it through the whole video. This is just so weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Ganso Bomb posted:

loving perfect. And after watching just this short bit, I really don't think I could make it through the whole video. This is just so weird.

Yeah this is bizarre. How can someone think this would make them look good.