Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

On the new Observer Radio April Hunter told her story of being offered a WWE developmental deal that was contingent on her breaking up with her boyfriend because they wanted her to be single and "did not want to fund an interracial relationship."

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

MassRafTer posted:

On the new Observer Radio April Hunter told her story of being offered a WWE developmental deal that was contingent on her breaking up with her boyfriend because they wanted her to be single and "did not want to fund an interracial relationship."

Jesus Christ

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:stare:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Even WWE can still shock me.

Jesus.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

what the gently caress

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

MassRafTer posted:

Jesus Christ.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

That's loving gross.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Jesus Christ

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Was this during the Ross era or the Johnny Ace era?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RealFoxy posted:

Was this during the Ross era or the Johnny Ace era?

She said she'd kept it a secret for 18 years so it was in that era where Johnny Ace was Director of Talent Relations but not Vice President of Talent Relations.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

MassRafTer posted:

WWE sucks.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

............huh.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

MassRafTer posted:

You know, I did wonder why she never got signed during the catalogue model days. gently caress.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

MassRafTer posted:

She said she'd kept it a secret for 18 years so it was in that era where Johnny Ace was Director of Talent Relations but not Vice President of Talent Relations.

Wasn't/Isn't this the direction of the WWE forever, though? The Divas era could be classified as hiring women that the male wrestlers would want to gently caress.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/CandyCartwright/status/1279548910160293889

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Jesus gently caress wwe

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I hope she sues Riddle and his dumb gently caress lawyer.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

Holy loving poo poo just new low after new low after new low.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

MassRafTer posted:

jesus :eyepop:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 35 days!

GoutPatrol posted:

Wasn't/Isn't this the direction of the WWE forever, though? The Divas era could be classified as hiring women that the male wrestlers Vince would want to gently caress.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Am I over-reaching by seeing, as well as the insane racism, some sexism/misogyny in the wording of what WWE said to April Hunter?

"didn't want to fund an inter-racial relationship."

As in if they pay her, then her "lazy" black, (I assume), boyfriend won't work and she would become the breadwinner. Which is against the natural order, women shouldn't earn more than men etc.

I know it is a reach, but knowing the evil of the WWE, it could also be true. Either way, that is a hosed up thing to say to anybody, let alone put it in a contract.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i dont think youre over-reaching so much as youre uhh over-thinking it. its insanely racist on its face not to want to hire someone in an inter-racial relationship, full stop, regardless of your or their justification for that decision

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

BrigadierSensible posted:

Am I over-reaching by seeing, as well as the insane racism, some sexism/misogyny in the wording of what WWE said to April Hunter?

"didn't want to fund an inter-racial relationship."

As in if they pay her, then her "lazy" black, (I assume), boyfriend won't work and she would become the breadwinner. Which is against the natural order, women shouldn't earn more than men etc.

I know it is a reach, but knowing the evil of the WWE, it could also be true. Either way, that is a hosed up thing to say to anybody, let alone put it in a contract.

This feels like a really roundabout way to work out that "we'll only hire you as a women's wrestler if you are visibly sexually available" is sexist.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ugh WWE is the worst

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

https://twitter.com/RatMan_Returns/status/1279600648695115776?s=20

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Why even bother having WWE threads anymore.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
i'm sure all the people in her replies saying the date is fake bc of dumb poo poo about his hair length or color are gonna feel real dumb.

who am i kidding they will just switch to a different excuse to defend abusers or just ignore this entirely

https://twitter.com/SuperKingofBros/status/1130265939566575616

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It is the most WWE thing that he looked to be on his way out the door when he was clowning on Goldberg in NXT but now he’s accused of rape so he’s getting a push on the main roster.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

drat, those Riddle pics happened on Kane Day too

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 35 days!

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Why even bother having WWE threads anymore.

Nobody should watch WWE, but the threads do serve a useful purpose: to continue reminding people why they shouldn't watch WWE.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I was confused by the purpose of those Riddle pics and what was happening and then I realized, oh, of course, its that Riddle claims she's a stalker and WWE stans are claiming she made it all up and never knew the guy so she felt like she had to post images of them together to prove she had a relationship with him but then the scumbags just claimed it wasn't really him. Of course. That makes sense.

I hate everything.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

I was confused by the purpose of those Riddle pics and what was happening and then I realized, oh, of course, its that Riddle claims she's a stalker and WWE stans are claiming she made it all up and never knew the guy so she felt like she had to post images of them together to prove she had a relationship with him but then the scumbags just claimed it wasn't really him. Of course. That makes sense.

I hate everything.

The fake news types are really, really dumb.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
FYI Mike Quackenbush is still running classes at WrestleFactory, but he's pushing Solo Darling as the new lead trainer

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Man every day that ZSJ goes without tweeting about anything makes the silence more deafening.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Does Quack still train with WWE? Wasn’t he doing some stuff with Bliss at the PC?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
WWE passed hard on buying Chikara or whatever so that probably stopped even after Chikara filmed pilots for WWE

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

MassRafTer posted:

gently caress you Vince.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

Dacap posted:

Does Quack still train with WWE? Wasn’t he doing some stuff with Bliss at the PC?

As far I'm aware those were only guest training deals rather than him being signed

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
yeah Quack only did training and thats when he ducked both Hero and Lince who wanted to make amends with him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing
https://twitter.com/XthDay/status/1279766954597810176