Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

I read a second hand domestic abuse allegation about Darby on Tumblr a couple years ago so it's hardly a new charge. He's also admitted to paying an addict to stick his head in an unflushed toilet and paying a guy to get pepper sprayed so the guy could afford a lawyer for his divorce.

His behaviour is defintely concerning all round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Darby is the living embodiment of a cKy DVD in 2020, and all those DVDs are old enough to vote, so I absolutely believe anything I read about how he acts

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

spongeh posted:

Alright, that's fair. Are you choosing to believe that this unseen exonerating evidence that only the accused and a billionaire have seen then?

I choose to believe Darby's accusations, Riddle's accusations, and Justin Robert's accusations. Do you?

i'm not sure who you're playing prosecutor with, but everyone's on your side here :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That "blind" item was ridiculous and MorrisBae should have known better than to post it and I'm really not sure why they did.

spongeh posted:

Alright, that's fair. Are you choosing to believe that this unseen exonerating evidence that only the accused and a billionaire have seen then?

I choose to believe Darby's accusations, Riddle's accusations, and Justin Robert's accusations. Do you?

They literally posted saying why they believed the accusations against Riddle, did you quote the wrong person? :confused:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I think what they're getting at is that if I believe the accusations against Riddle I should believe the ones against Darby and Justin Roberts too. To make it clear, I do, and I apologize if it came off as though I don't - I just thought it was worth posting that rumor in the face of the blind item post.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Jerusalem posted:

That "blind" item was ridiculous and MorrisBae should have known better than to post it and I'm really not sure why they did.

TBF that website is probably the #1 blind item resource online, and very often they reveal who BI's from months/years prior are about. That being said if you're one of the normies(using that term loosely) who follows the site but NOT wrestling you have to put in some legwork to get the dots connected.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

not really sure why it isnt newsworthy that aew made the top gossip site online even if it is silly that theyre like 2 weeks behind and all those details have been reported already.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Everyone wants to handwave away the Justin Roberts allegations because they turn Cornette into the dude from the Onion article

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I've literally never heard of that site before today :shrug:

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Mob posted:

Everyone wants to handwave away the Justin Roberts allegations because they turn Cornette into the dude from the Onion article

exactly

Also CDAN/Enty is legit, they’ve been on top of a lot of disgusting Hollywood stuff over the years. Check out their TrueAnon ep if you get the chance.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Maybe he shouldn't have been probed for that if he added some context like that the site was now reporting on it. The allegations aren't new to us. But yeah, AEW needs to do something about Darby, Hager, and Roberts.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah, the post really needed some added context. Even something like,"Looks like AEW's handling of the Darby situation is starting to seep out to non-wrestling circles" or something like that instead of just dumping a quote that covered things we already know but with all the identifying names removed for no apparent reason.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

I've literally never heard of that site before today :shrug:

Crazy Days And Nights is legit and has been extremely accurate about these types of things. In regards to what Troy posted, they specifically broke the existence of news about Weinstein, Epstein, Kevin Spacey months before everyone else really started talking about it/got it trending

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Mob posted:

What is it with WWE ring announcers and young kids?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

Crazy Days And Nights is legit and has been extremely accurate about these types of things. In regards to what Troy posted, they specifically broke the existence of news about Weinstein, Epstein, Kevin Spacey months before everyone else really started talking about it/got it trending

I've heard of the site but wasn't aware the items they posted were legit things. So I don't think it's bad to post that here, since it might mean that AEW is gonna get more people looking at how they handled the allegations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

So I don't think it's bad to post that here, since it might mean that AEW is gonna get more people looking at how they handled the allegations.

I agree. I can get why people could be upset about how that doesn't really seem to be providing any new information to us, anything that we don't already know, but that it's even circulated far enough that that place is pretty openly talking about how AEW's trying to sweep it under the rug (and under the guise of "haven't we pushed enough people") is 1) still noteworthy and 2) hopefully a sign that people won't forget about the accusations against him easily

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It was newsworthy here when John Oliver talked about WWE and the Saudi deal, even though anyone reading this forum knew about that already. The newsworthy thing is that it's hit a mainstream source.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Chris James 2 posted:

Extremely accurate is a bit much to describe blind items, they are frequently wrong but sometimes right.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, if that's the context, that it was being posted because it's hitting mainstream sources that makes more sense. I was reading it as kind of gross rubber necking due to previous posts.

Either way, it's kind of a bad probe imo too, I'd personally rather talk out something like that as a community that go make someone sit in timeout.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're about as accurate as Meltzer is these days and we all take him as gospel.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Whether it’s deliberate or not, they’re feeding QAnon. gently caress ‘em.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Thanlis posted:

Whether it’s deliberate or not, they’re feeding QAnon. gently caress ‘em.
People need to understand this stuff so much more than they do. What used to be confined to sad Usenets is leaking into our culture in a big bad way and when you explain it to people they just go glazed like the information is bouncing off of them.

Sorta' like when you explain 1488 and the OK white power hand sign.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

QAnon is also people looking for patterns where one doesn't exist. Like, is the blog actually posting Q stuff or are people latching onto stuff?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

People need to understand this stuff so much more than they do. What used to be confined to sad Usenets is leaking into our culture in a big bad way and when you explain it to people they just go glazed like the information is bouncing off of them.

Sorta' like when you explain 1488 and the OK white power hand sign.

I was watching the news during a Trump rally a week or two ago and someone random on the screen had a Q sign and someone asked what that meant. So like... I tried to explain it and... eventually I'm getting rolled eyes and "you're a loony" and its like, I didn't bring up this poo poo! You saw it on tv! You asked what it meant! I just knew the crazy answer! I felt like I was losing my mind or something.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Keep in mind that the person sending in the bigger blind items to CDAN for years got doxxed, admitted he made his poo poo up, and killed himself. He lived in the midwest and wasn’t involved in the entertainment business at all. And as far as i know, the site owner never took down any of the made up poo poo or really acknowledged the situation. This was the guy people speculated was Robert Downey Jr.

You can go back and read items from years ago and see that the theme was “everybody in Hollywood is a secret junkie or secretly gay.” Now “it’s everybody is a pedophile.” I’ve always read that site the same way i listened to Coast to Coast.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Big Bidness posted:

Keep in mind that the person sending in the bigger blind items to CDAN for years got doxxed, admitted he made his poo poo up, and killed himself. He lived in the midwest and wasn’t involved in the entertainment business at all. And as far as i know, the site owner never took down any of the made up poo poo or really acknowledged the situation. This was the guy people speculated was Robert Downey Jr.

You can go back and read items from years ago and see that the theme was “everybody in Hollywood is a secret junkie or secretly gay.” Now “it’s everybody is a pedophile.” I’ve always read that site the same way i listened to Coast to Coast.

And now I understand the Q connection.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Big Bidness posted:

Art Bell had more scoops in The Quickening than Crazy Days and Nights has ever had.

The hit rate of blind items might be 10%. Maybe, and that includes things that aren't real traditional blind items and are just re-stated news from other sources.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

And now I understand the Q connection.

Yah. He’s also taken to using “pizza” as an indicator of pedophilia conspiracies. Anything for clicks.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Big Bidness posted:

That whole Robert Downey Jr period was so loving bizarre. Just a bunch of people going “yes, it absolutely makes sense that Hayden Panetierre rents herself out to be beaten unconscious by boxers and Robert Downey Jr is telling me this”.

It was like reading about John Titor or the JFK Jr poo poo. From the outside looking it’s loving absurd how anyone could believe this.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

As deeply, horrifyingly fascinating as this is (Robert Downey Jr!?!) it's kinda derailing the intent of the thread and we should get back on track.

Has AEW made any reference or acknowledgement of the Justin Roberts stuff? They took action with Sammy and I recall that it was at least stated that they were looking into the Darby stuff, but I don't recall seeing any reaction to Roberts, who they're also still actively using on television, right?

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Jerusalem posted:

As deeply, horrifyingly fascinating as this is (Robert Downey Jr!?!) it's kinda derailing the intent of the thread and we should get back on track.

Has AEW made any reference or acknowledgement of the Justin Roberts stuff? They took action with Sammy and I recall that it was at least stated that they were looking into the Darby stuff, but I don't recall seeing any reaction to Roberts, who they're also still actively using on television, right?

Yeah, why is AEW dragging their feet about Justin Roberts, of all people? He's a ring announcer and they have another one who's better at it. Cut his rear end loose, coward biceps Tony.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I haven't seen a goddamn thing about Roberts or Darby and it's really disappointing.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Every time someone posts Roberts I immediately think Jake got accused of something while I was away

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

CombineThresher posted:

Yeah, why is AEW dragging their feet about Justin Roberts, of all people? He's a ring announcer and they have another one who's better at it. Cut his rear end loose, coward biceps Tony.

Not that it remotely justifies keeping him if he’s a piece of poo poo, but who is the one that is better?

When Dasha does it she sounds like a late 90s text to speech app just mashing together phonemes and I find her announcing really jarring to listen to.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

History Comes Inside! posted:

Not that it remotely justifies keeping him if he’s a piece of poo poo, but who is the one that is better?

When Dasha does it she sounds like a late 90s text to speech app just mashing together phonemes and I find her announcing really jarring to listen to.

I can't recall his name, but isn't the fella who does the Spanglish segments with Santana and Ortiz on BTE a backup announcer?

and they've always got Brandi on hand!

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
: edit: Wrong thread

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

https://twitter.com/orinanne/status/1280918573150543872

So in a weird twist one of the Riddles have created a twitter account solely for smearing Candy using the legal name of Jamie Senegal. The account is only followed by the marketing company that Riddle is signed to and another whose recovery email began with the letters ri***. Like how can you be so bad at making a sockpuppet account?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Testekill posted:

https://twitter.com/orinanne/status/1280918573150543872

So in a weird twist one of the Riddles have created a twitter account solely for smearing Candy using the legal name of Jamie Senegal. The account is only followed by the marketing company that Riddle is signed to and another whose recovery email began with the letters ri***. Like how can you be so bad at making a sockpuppet account?

reminder that matt riddle didnt know how to pronounce the word 'debut'

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I’ve never heard of CDAN but the people saying it’s legit and they’ve been right about their riddles in the past sound 100% like QAnon people lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't think anyone on here has any crimes to their name about that website. half of the people have never heard of it and others have seen it before and have seen it lauded before, including on this subforum in the distant past, as I have. i learned a lot from the posters here talking about its QAnon affiliations and i'm glad that it was brought up so that i could better understand something in the world and be better off for it.