Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Chris James 2 posted:

A Michael Elgin video titled "Hopefully you'll listen" is a good way to ensure I don't even click, let alone listen

I'm fairly certain, without even clicking on Elgin's video, that if you swap the audio from his video with the audio from this one, it'd have roughly the same amount of substance and value.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSKQ3ZNQ_O8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

On the new Observer Radio April Hunter told her story of being offered a WWE developmental deal that was contingent on her breaking up with her boyfriend because they wanted her to be single and "did not want to fund an interracial relationship."

You know, I did wonder why she never got signed during the catalogue model days. gently caress.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, he's a huge douchebag alpha bro even without this stuff. What's surprising that Vince would like him? Everything about Riddle that raises flags for me or makes my skin crawl is something I expect Vince and HHH and WWE to love. And that he's also a dude who at best cheats on his wife and then acts like some kind of victim and calls his mistresses crazy? This is like toxic male rear end in a top hat dream.

Remember when Drew McIntyre got punished for not hitting his then-wife? Of course Vince would be loving this poo poo with Riddle.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

Table for 3 episode where Anthony Hopkins, Brian Cox, and Mads Mikkelsen, all portraying Hannibal Lecter at the same time, discussing cannibalism while eating gourmet dishes made from people.

Gaspard Ulliel taps on the window behind them, asking if he can come in. Brian Cox wordlessly closes the blinds.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Seriously, it's not difficult.

"You may notice some names are conspicuous in their absences - several names that otherwise may have been ranked have been deliberately omitted due to the nature of the allegations against them. At the PWI Offices, we choose to support the victims and prioritise their voices. If you have an objection to the decisions we have made regarding the matter, we strongly urge you to contact organisations such as RAINN or Rape Crisis England & Wales, and access the educational resources that such organisations offer. Perhaps this may provide some perspective for you as to why we have chosen to believe the victims. We believe that there is no place for sexual abuse or assault in the industry that we cover. This would also be an opportunity for us to apologise to the victims of any wrestlers we have profiled in our previous publications, prior to these allegations being brought to our collective attention. We are sorry that you had to suffer in silence for so long, we are sorry that this happened to you to begin with, and we are sorry that we may have contributed to the perpetuation of their actions through our coverage."

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Sep 3, 2020

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I guess mid-90s ECW was about the only place I can think of where Al Snow didn't suck a gently caress outside of Headcheese-related shenanigans. I guess it speaks more to Heyman's ability (at the time at least) to book to people's strengths. I remember reading that he built a bit of buzz from a decent match he had with the toothless murderer (not sure how one is expected to deal with that), and it's hard not to work out why the match was decent.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Lars Sullivan? Is he still signed?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

The age of majority in Japan is 20 but you can get married with parents' permission under that age, so he took her to New Zealand to get married where the age of majority is lower to marry her without her parents objecting to her getting married fresh out of high school I presume

Age of consent is 16, voting age is 18, alcohol buying age is 18, age of majority is 20.

But marrying age is 18, 16 with the family court's permission. "I brought her from overseas against her family's wishes" probably won't get you that.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

gently caress's sake Brian jr.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Actually since the late 70s and Vince Jr and Vince Sr had ignored/covered up reports of this activity since the early 80s.

I mean, considering at least one of those two is fairly likely a rapist and probably a massive sex creep, you've got to wonder what other skeletons are ready to come tumbling out of the closet.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Lid posted:

... this is the most offensive thing i have read that wasn't just straight up hate speech. Except given the connection between jazz and black culture it probably is too.

But on the other hand, Tony Wilson gave us Factory Records, and that label's influence on the music of the late 70s and 80s can not be understated.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Lid posted:

the Manchester Scene was quite white

A scene in a city that is 90+% white, with a black population of around 1% is "quite white?" The devil you say.

Are you honestly suggesting that disliking jazz is inherently racist?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

And I find it dull and self-indulgent. Apparently this makes me practically a card-carrying member of the KKK.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Lamuella posted:

Just to move us on from this, it's worth noting that Tony Wilson never said the Jazz quote. It's a line from the film 24 Hour Party People intended to reinforce that his character is a prick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghZ6ntXQp3E

The film also repeatedly undermines itself as a "biopic," like the actual Howard Devoto appearing as a cleaner who then turns to the camera and denies that what he was just depicted doing (having a root with Tony Wilson's wife in the toilets of a nightclub he owned) ever even happened, to Tony Wilson outright stating that the film is basically mostly bullshit.

Also, equating a lack of interest or enthusiasm towards jazz to racism, and declaring any criticism of jazz as also tantamount to racism is still breathtakingly stupid.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Jan 22, 2021

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Who’s she referring to? Is it Teddy Hart?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Rarity posted:

https://twitter.com/ThisIs_Progress/status/1363879247966732289

PROGRESS had Paul Robinson working backstage at a number of shows without telling anyone

What did Paul Robinson do? The tweet linked to in the OP is gone and googling it hasn't given me much, other than stuff about the former England international goalkeeper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

StarkRavingMad posted:

He made her sign a $1 million non-disclosure agreement when they started their relationship and then was dismayed to find she only had a mere $70,000 in the bank, but he's truly happy that she's talked about how lovely he was because she broke the NDA and he can explain how he is really the victim, and he doesn't do that for himself, but to protect his children.

or to summarize further: He's a real shitbag.

You only really need to read up to the "confidentiality agreement" part. Yeah, 'Berto, what were you trying to hide, you loving piece of poo poo.