Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I feel like this Jeff dude’s heart is in the right place but equating guys trying to hook up with his wife with actual abuse and sexual assault is really not helping anyone here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MorrisBae posted:

I'm thinking about deleting Tyler Bate and James R. Kennedy off the list after a second look

https://twitter.com/GingerFish19/status/1273752860329750528

"Trying to get laid" isn't exactly a crime, even if she's married

Y'all agree?

Maybe there’s more to it but as it reads Tyler Bate is basically just guilty of being a douche

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Does the chaser thing just mean what it sounds like because I’m totally in the woods if it’s not the obvious

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

collocation posted:

So, the group that they were in was "exposing n words." And, that sounds really shady, but a Zoomer who I know said it sounds like something someone would have done at his school to expose people using the n word. I don't know if that's the case here, but if it is, it's very Curb Your Enthusiasm how it worked out.

no it's probably because the chat app they used has a filter that doesn't allow you to put the actual n-word in group names.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

WatermelonGun posted:

if a woman actually involved in the business tells you your list isn’t that great of an idea and you immediately view it as a threat you may want to rethink what you’re doing here

Also, maybe change your Twitter name to something that’s not Derrière Provocateur

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

reminder that being ironically horny still enables really creepy weird horny people.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Maybe Gallagher owned up to what he did?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Joey McChrist posted:

i think this bears repeating as well (not that its a problem with anyone here):

https://twitter.com/RealKellyKlein/status/1274138631356194816

please don't tell people how to handle their trauma

Given where she’s from and the time frame there’s only three people that come to mind and they would all be devastating to learn of.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Red posted:

2004, OVW? That could be several people, but... yeah.

More HWA than OVW

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Justin Roberts, Havoc and Hager should all be fired, no questions asked. What Sammy said is horrendous but I don't know that it's worthy of being outright fired. I'd suspend him and make him go to counseling with the understanding that if he misses a session or fucks up again, he's immediately fired.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Havoc seems like he has severe issues so I can at least kind of understand why they may not want to cut loose until he's in a state of mind where he can understand why its justified.

Also, Florida rehabs and halfway houses are notoriously filled with enables who just get people right back on poo poo during/immediately after the process because keeping people on drugs/alcohol enables the centers to keep receiving money from the government. The system heavily provides incentive for these facilities NOT getting people clean because they have to meet certain capacity benchmarks to qualify for grants. Sending anyone with an opiate addiction to Florida is basically a death sentence.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Candice may well have known, it’s impossible to say. But many people like Joey put people like Candice around them and treat them well because it makes the other people think “well if Candice is okay with him, he can’t be that bad”

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I honestly can’t think of that many times Kenny and joey Ryan were even on the same shows in the last 10 years.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

It’s totally understandable for someone to not want to play Secret Hitler. It’s also totally normal to play it and not be a gigantic nazi sympathizer piece of poo poo.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Nothing will happen until it affects Vince. If it starts to directly impact Vince, he will fire someone. As long as the people impacted are the victims and not him, he doesn’t give a poo poo.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

It's certainly not my place to tell any of these women what to say or when to say it, but I really think this kind of stuff is dangerous. Like, it's 100% fine if you're not ready to have this conversation, but to throw his name out there with nothing behind it, enabling people to speculate wildly about what you're talking about is not good.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

yikes

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

CarlCX posted:

what an incredible example of how to make absolutely everything worse with just thirty seconds of effort

ROH.txt

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I wouldn’t say it was common, but I definitely heard some of the douchier guys in my high school say something like that.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Eat My Fuc posted:

I said a lot of lovely things in high school and i'm a millenial but never was "rape" used in the way Dave claims, maybe it's a zoomer thing but I doubt that.

I’m 34 and I certainly never said it but I heard it a few times, always by someone I wouldn’t be surprised to find out was guilty of actually doing it.

I don’t think anyone here is saying it’s normal or commonplace, just that lovely people have actually said that before.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The idea that the man behind CHIKARA thinks the business should be taken super seriously will always be funny to me

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Was Lethal the trainer AJ Lee talks about in her book?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

Izzy trained with Chasyn Rance??? I hate the parents even more than I did before.

Was this ever confirmed? Because I just remember people saying that Izzy was training and because it’s Florida, everyone’s minds went directly to one horrifying conclusion

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I AM A
wrestler's WIFE
i get cheated on
all the time
MY FAMILY IS
falling apart
(a picture of a big dave)
PROLLY FAKE THO LOL

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I think Riddle just doesn’t give a gently caress about anything so Vince can’t rattle him and that is historically endearing to Vince for whatever reason.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Joey is a never was who has completely ruined his entire life and now he’s just chucking hail mary’s hoping someone will believe enough of it to give him money.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahaha so his real life would basically be Val Venis’ WWE run

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

It’s a pretty common tactic unfortunately. He’ll ask for more money than any of those women have or are willing to risk and then say he’s willing to accept a very small settlement to end it so that he can publicly claim he won.

It wasn’t a sexual assault case but that Covington Catholic dipshit did the same kind of thing with CNN and WaPo. He was never going to win his cases but his family had enough money to drag it out to the point that the media outlets’ commercial insurance carriers were willing to settle for less to make it go away. Essentially they could pay a couple hundred thousand to win or pay like 75k to make the kid piss off.

Joey’s trying the same thing on a significantly smaller level. He’ll probably settle for a couple thousand for the purpose of then being able to say he’s vindicated by the fact that they settled.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

WWE was willing to fire nobodies involved in the accusations.

Joey Ryan in WWE where he can't do his dick spots is just... Bobby Roode.

WWE only fired people who took responsibility for it.

If you denied it, their stance was “well, good enough for us!”

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

His whole defense of Ospreay is basically that the entire history of wrestling is overflowing with people significantly worse than Ospreay, as if that really matters. And his comment about 2020 is just him crying that people are focusing on Ospreay instead of saying "well, Snuka murdered someone once so this is nothing"

At the end of the day, if you're a good worker, Dave gives you way more slack than he does for others.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

TV Zombie posted:

What customs when it's mentioned with Candace?

They’re private wrestling matches filmed for perverts.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Pelle's life has more or less been ruined, at least in the short term, for daring to call out a sexual predator. That doesn't make the social media battle a good idea, but I'm sure the guy is in a super lovely place right now mentally.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

lol isn't Drake in charge of finding extras

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I’d be shocked if her shitbag family didn’t pressure her for money all the time.