Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I think what makes this particular process of revelation rough is just how many names there are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Taking your promotion's official account private is a good look

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Mob posted:

It's because in Florida you legally can't fire someone who is in rehab, so they'll fire him after

I was gonna say this but can't find any sources on it- closest I could get is the (federal, I think) Family Medical Leave Act which says you can't be fired *simply for* going to rehab.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Astro7x posted:

Man.... I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but how the gently caress do we accept older talent hazing the younger talent by having them do menial tasks and basically holding their job over their heads if they don't do it? Is that okay because it's two guys and it's not being pressured to have sex? But then you read stuff like how Lio Rush felt that it was demeaning to carry people's bags as a young black man, and it's just like... how the gently caress do people not have any problems with that.

Like the whole system is hosed, and it just makes me kind of disgusted in pro wrestling in general and not want to watch it at all. Even if someone is not pressuring another person to have sex, there is just so much shady poo poo going on behind the scenes where people's careers are being held over them that I feel like very few people are innocent in this industry.

Oh to be sure there are a LOT of underlying problems in wrestling that I think explain just how many of these stories there are. The whole culture of locker rooms and the hierarchies that form and all the petty bullshit and machismo- it's a culture that really enables bad behavior like this. Obviously the abusers are responsible for their own actions, but more people need to start acting like adults and recognizing what the boundaries are.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

KungFu Grip posted:

something like that happened back before j-ru was mod and all the mods stepped down because lowtax and then a lot of us left and made this wrestling discord https://discord.gg/Np4Gn24

Am I the only one who isn't a big fan of discord? No threaded discussion, the app's a memory hog, and for some reason I've got two separate logins depending on whether I'm running MacOS or Windows.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I've learned from this thread that America seems to have insanely lax libel laws

With public figures (and most wrestlers would be), you have to prove that the persons knew they were circulating false information.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Molestationary Store posted:

Got DAM Joey Ryan got a lot of accusers.

Yeah not to downplay the bad poo poo that other people did, but what Ryan's done leaves you at a loss for words.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
I refuse to believe all these people only know one weed guy

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

I would say no company would agree to such a clause but this is Impact we're talking about.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Doesn't Vince have an army of lawyers at his disposal, why are they letting Mr CD Label bumble his way through this?

I think it provides some plausible deniability in the event that more bad stuff comes out.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I’m honestly surprised there wasn’t a more petulant response from the McMahons after the whole Moolah thing. These are the same people that said, “Oh, they’re mad we’re still dealing with Saudi Arabia after they murdered a journalist? gently caress ‘em, make a joke or two, let’s see how upset they get.”

Apparently the reason they went back on the Moolah thing was Snickers, their sponsor, raising concerns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Sounds like an MDickie character