Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

the thing about just making a list of names is you just get this onslaught of names and then there are people who are accused of being serial rapists next to people whose allegations appear to be like, inappropriate DM sliding with adults. and then just the quantity of people becomes overwhelming and people cant keep up with the degree of severity and it makes it easier for the really bad actors to minimize their behavior

Absolutely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Deafboy posted:

I know my story i relatively minor but it always stuck with me, and made me feel weak, embarassed, and made me hate myself. I hate sex pests with a passion, shine a light on every one of these fuckin creeps and then stomp the gently caress out of them

Doesn't sound minor at all! Sorry to hear

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I loving hate the "ironic" horny posting too. You can just imagine the loving creeps behind the computer

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

If I was Matt Riddle I'd fire that lawyer

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

WatermelonGun posted:

matt riddle is not very smart

Yeah no poo poo

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I just don't give a gently caress how horny people on the forums are

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NDAs don't cover illegal stuff

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dango Bango posted:

What. Why is the Twitter post talking about "definitely not gay"?

That thread is a shitshow

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

A guy who I would have previously considered a good friend is getting called out on Twitter today as being a sex pest (it's not wrestling related) and I genuinely feel sick. It was from before I knew him but it makes you take a long look at yourself and your judgement of people.
I'm not on social media so I haven't seen a lot of it, it's being relayed by another person I know and I had to excuse myself from something earlier I felt so disgusted.
I am glad it's all coming out though, people need to be held accountable.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

FWIW I broke off contact with someone I considered a friend after a stranger told me he'd been harassing her, which was followed by some other friends of mine saying he'd done the same while we were all hanging out together. I had no idea how I didn't see it at the time, but these people are really good at hiding their behaviour from people.

It loving sucks mate, I'm sorry

I feel looking back that I am way too naive and trusting, I only ever hung out with him in his house and never with anyone else really around. I'm not on twitter and wouldn't have many mutuals. It's so out of nowhere that I'm in shock. The guy's brother just called him out on Twitter about it. It's surreal.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Benne posted:

Has anyone mentioned yet how gross and insulting it is that most of these dudes talk about going to therapy in their rambling non-apologies?

Like ok, it's better than nothing, but ... there's a whole lot of people struggling with mental issues and going to therapy who aren't abusive sex creeps who only do it when their careers are in jeopardy. It reminds me of when #MeToo first started and the most prominent offenders suddenly took rehab super-seriously after they lost their movie/TV roles.

This is a big big issue for me. The dude who I knew who got outed as a pest I mentioned earlier has bad mental health and is using it as an excuse but gently caress that poo poo, it's exactly like you're saying. It infuriates me.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Schneider Heim posted:

Yeah there are loads of people with mental health issues who aren't sex pests or rapists, and using that to hide behind is going to make the stigma worse for a lot of people.

Yeah absolutely

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cancel wrestling

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Following wrestling this last week and then learning on Saturday that a guy I thought was my friend is apparently a massive sex pest has basically destroyed me mentally. I don't think I can follow this thread any more

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dragging other family members in on totally unrelated poo poo is garbage tbh and dilutes from the seriousness of David Starr's crimes

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ganso Bomb posted:

How the gently caress is 16 the age of consent in the UK?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Von Linus posted:

A friend of mine in the recording industry assured me the age of consent is 15 in Bulgaria. That's why Glenn Hansard, Oscar winner for the film Once goes there. Incidentally Glenn met his muse for the film when she was 13

I'm sure you know it as a fellow Ireland goon but for everyone else, Hansard is a notorious cradle-snatcher (Once? more like Nonce) and SO many friends I have talked to in Dublin have stories about him from when they were underage.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Also libel/slander are things

I've learned from this thread that America seems to have insanely lax libel laws

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

PASS THE MASH posted:

Why are people mad at Dave for that?

They can't read past the first sentence apparently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jesus Christ I just watched that video. It's so badly done. Literally looks like a promo