Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The biggest name accused was literally on the biggest weekly wrestling show yesterday, so let's not talk as though anything significant has actually happened yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

"younger generation" Tyler Bate is only 23 years old. This isn't just gonna be a thing thats going to go away with just some people wiped out of the business

Yeah, the vast majority of the accusations coming out are against the younger generation.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

collocation posted:

Do you have a link or screenshot?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Nut Bunnies posted:

Did Will feel suicidal? Probably. Is it anywhere approaching a good look that he's talking about being suicidal likely due to people telling him he's done lovely things, when we've just barely passed the 49 days of mourning after Hana Kimura took her life? Nnnnnnope.

Hana Kimura killed herself in no small part due to 'people telling her she did lovely things' which included the belief that she was physically and mentally abusive towards other people.

rare Magic card l00k fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jul 15, 2020

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

People against SpeakingOut and MeToo do not actually need ammunition. They will do anything to go "SEE? LYING WHORES! EVIL EVIL PEOPLE!" to protect [person they like] against accusations from [person who is obviously lying and anyone unbiased can see this].

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Pylons posted:

They don't need ammunition to convince themselves, they do to convince people on the fence. This happened in the gaming community about.. a year ago?

Yeah but ammunition is literally anything ever, so unless the victims are prepared to stop having existed at all outside of the incident, they'll be told how they're lying.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

BrigadierSensible posted:

I am an ESL teacher, and for most of the places I have worked, and applied for jobs to, a Police Criminal Check is required to even get a working visa.

So am I to understand that foreigners coming in don't need a working visa for the UK? How about the US? I thought they were tough on immigration/foreigners working.

Or do people just fly over and wrestle on tourist visas? (On Border Force, an Australian TV show based around customs officials, there is an old episode where Chris Hero gets busted trying to come into the country to work, but only has a tourist visa.)

Most of the people who were problems in PROGRESS were British, so they wouldn't need a working visa.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Given that all of the Collective shows are happening in Indianapolis it could be anyone booked for any show. It's not like being on any of those shows would stop you from attending any other show.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

I run a NJPW fan page on FB. One of the other admins posted today that Pollyanna had retracted all her accusations towards Ospreay. Is there any confirmation of that?

I haven't seen anything about Pollyanna retracting her accusations (admittedly I first heard about this new stuff a few minutes ago), but it does appear that IWL is saying the venue used Ospreay's name to get IWL to not book Pollyanna. Whether or not Ospreay did actually talk to ResGal I don't know.

This is all coming up quickly in the wake of Ryan Smile's suicide, so I imagine we'll hear a lot more about it soon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Pinche Rudo posted:

I don't even think that's true, Dave made a "what about Randy Orton dropping the n word" defense of Jim Cornettes racist comments on NWA Powerrr

Dave wasn't defending Cornette. He was saying that Cornette's history and love of making enemies causes him to get less of a pass than, say, Randy Orton.

Which is true.