Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
loving hell, this is terrible, I feel sorry for all of the victims, that they never felt comfortable speaking up and it had to go on for so long until it reaches some moment like this.

Everyone with credible accusations should be immediately punted from the business, encouraged to do whatever kind of amends they can to their victims (if those roads are open), and every promotion needs to publicly address these behaviors and outline how they're going to handle grievances and encourage reporting of harassment/assault in the future along with zero tolerance policies, regardless of how many loving stupid t-shirts you sell.

I feel sick in a way, but some of that is just a weary "not surprised" by any of it, because of the nature and origins of the business, the thin margins so much of it operates on, and how protected a draw can be by management. I hate all of this poo poo, and I hope everyone who has been abused and hurt gets some kind of peace of mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Yeah, good to have at least two categories imo, "Creep" and "Abuser" work, maybe "loving Rapist" if serious assault/rape allegations come out

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
this is a lot of extra work but you might want to copy/paste a snap of the tweets/accusations you're linking in the doc cuz many accounts might deactivate/lock or delete them

if you can just copy/paste right into the cell next to it and have the image chill there, that'd probably work (or an imgur link)

edit:
also if the person has a big enough fanbase, sometimes they can mass report the victim into being suspended, love twitter/the algorithm

smarxist fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jun 19, 2020

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

the escape goat posted:

I'm super uncomfortable with it, to be honest. Does it suck? Yes. Does hitting on people equate as assault? Absolutely not. I mentioned one of my experiences just a few posts ago and there's no loving way I would compare it to the time a wrestler tried for it and went "oh. k" when it didn't work. Being extra pushy after the no, sure, but run of the mill hitting on? 4/5ths of the world would be cancelled.

the public used to be really dumb about this but obviously the past few years have sharpened everyone up a tick, so, someone who only has stories about maybe being an aggressive flirt or trying to hit on other people's women will typically just skate on by but be known as the assholes they are

then again, there are a lot of instances where people knowingly abuse a disparity in power dynamics to take something from another person and nobody but the person who gets taken from and a few "woke" people acknowledge is a type of abuse, like in general wrestlers should probably avoid interaction with fans beyond photos and chats, but good luck telling any famous performer that

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

heel turn posted:

Nick Gage robbed a bank and is still somehow one of the better people in wrestling, as far as I can tell.

(Please don’t prove me wrong, Nick)

hell, that's downright heroic

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Ugh. Darby.

I understand but kind of hate the "i'm tweeting this for someone else who wishes to remain anonymous", but to me a credible accusation either comes from the victim themselves who reasonably could have had contact with the person, or can be anonymous with evidence or a specific account.

people just throwing it out there like that tweet is on such a dangerous razor's edge and giving way too much power to bad actors

idk, just being sad out loud.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

MorrisBae posted:

I'm thinking about deleting Tyler Bate and James R. Kennedy off the list after a second look

https://twitter.com/GingerFish19/status/1273752860329750528

"Trying to get laid" isn't exactly a crime, even if she's married

Y'all agree?

yeah, and most reasonable people agree, it's a scummy move to hit on someone else's partner if you know they're in a relationship but if you gently caress off when told no, not much else to do about it

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Chris James 2 posted:

https://twitter.com/Kaiabustah/status/1273820955786326022

This is why that's a bad idea. She's going to get harassed because she already told her story without the name attached and now the dots will be connected so she can be harassed

The person who accused Devlin already got forced to be on private to slow down the hate directed her way. There's a reason some of these people straight up Aren't naming who abused them, because they're either too powerful or part of a company that Is and can afford to gently caress with them over this kind of thing

yeah, you're probably right, the threads on these tweets are getting brigaded by rabid fans

and because it's becoming a #metoo type of thing, armies of incels and alt right who don't even give a poo poo about wrestling are demanding proof and whatabouting people etc.

it's such a nightmare to be involved in i imagine

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Cavauro posted:

anonymous one-liners very well could be people who are otherwise nowhere near being able to out their abuser; people who see what's going on right now and feel the closest they've ever been to being able to speak out. maybe they have a friend do it because they badly want to but aren't there yet. there are visible allies right now standing with these people, and the hatred being rained down on them by pieces of poo poo is spread thinner than it would be on just one person. like that thing with elp, it's easy to turn the tables and see an unwell person trying to jump on the bandwagon and ruin someone's life. but you can't totally dismiss every one-liner in good conscience either. dunno what to do w/ that.

yeah it really loving sucks, i hate that it has to come to this because of the oppressive lovely atmosphere these people have to try and work/perform in

every time this flares up like this, you have to reckon with the fact that basically every woman walking the earth has been abused or assaulted at least once or multiple times, and lives almost in "enemy territory" at times with how they have to clock themselves and behave a certain way or risk whatever avalanche of poo poo can be hurled at them for not conforming to the expectations of the patriarchy

i remember a few years ago when metoo first started, seeing all of the celebrities going public and the huge outpour, but then it was every person i knew/liked on twitter, and all of my friends that i've joked with for years, all of them had horrible awful traumatic experiences they'll never forget and they just have to deal with and go on living with and more are created every day, you wanna pull your teeth out of your own head

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
that's kinda why for me, my personal conception of a credible accusation is either someone putting their name on it or providing evidence

i get why people want to remain anonymous, fear of retaliation in the business etc, but if you're going to destroy someone's career/livelihood with a tweet then i don't feel like it's that much to ask for

and it's just my thing, if AEW decides to shitcan Darby based on what's been said already, then I get it, and in instances like these with anon accusations, i feel like he should be compelled to have a strong denial if he's innocent

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

the escape goat posted:

Sometimes there ISN’T “actual evidence”. Rape kits are backlogged for years because cops don’t give a gently caress and that alone often keeps people from going to the authorities, as well as hearing repeatedly “oh you were drunk” or “well, hadn’t you been with them in the past?”

Oh for sure I understand with the real criminal poo poo that it's an entire crucible to get justice for whatever happens to you, I mostly meant for the lower end poo poo like harassment, creeping, or abuse, lots of women keep screenshots of chats, logs, photos and stuff forever in case they have to protect themselves or have a chance to get some kind of redress in the court of public opinion like what's happening here

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

DrVenkman posted:

The person who accused Dream deleted their accounts after it surfaced they had made racist tweets and belonged to some racist groups on IG.

its cool how we basically live in a Black Mirror episode now

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
keep all the sex pest bookings, have some stiff hoss workers do a surprise run in from the back and just donnybrook the poo poo out of the guy then carry him out and pitch him in the dumpster

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
it might be a good idea to start a thread about subforum culture so that people can speak up at length and we can spitball fixes to make sure everyone who is a fan of what this sub is for feels comfortable posting and reading threads (if there are any fans left after the next few days sigh)

I'm kind of new around here, and have noticed the strange antagonism around horny posting, i think there's a lot of it happening sincerely, ironically and also being commented on in a meta way, with people kinda sliding around themselves to different modes.

wrestlers are pretty people who generally want to show off their body attributes (which usually represent thousands of hours of hard work) but obviously we can do better in how we acknowledge that and post about it if people are uncomfortable and staying away from chat threads, also apologies if I've ever posted anything that made someone so :(

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Man, I must have way differently calibrated sensibilities than I thought, because I'm pretty :chast2b: in general, and the AEW threads (only ones I really post in) have been pretty mild and have only really gotten weird/gross to the point of needing a corrective maybe a half dozen times.

Everyone stays pretty chill and positive, and most of the gawking at athlete bodies is confined to posting their own tweets or :swoon: or :stwoon: type stuff (less uhh, drooling over "cum gutters")

regardless, I want everyone to feel included and have fun posting, because GDTs are so fun and if people are feeling they can't hang that sucks, so yeah. it'd have to be a two-pronged approach to cleaning some stuff up, 1 is cultural shift and personal accountability, the other is moderator enforcement of obviously line crossing stuff, the first part is pretty easy and i feel most regulars are open to it, the latter sounds like it might be a problem :(

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
sorry if it seemed like I was trying to downplay it, that's what I mean by what my sensibilities are and what I feel it has amounted to versus what's actually going on. I can see how a more pervasive undercurrent can be intolerable.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

WatermelonGun posted:

and how you keep talking about bodies in this thread of all places is pretty weird there duder!

gently caress off with this bullshit, addressing the content and what's being discussed and how is integral to any cultural changes

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

WatermelonGun posted:

the thread is about abusive wrestlers and he keeps talking about he just wants to admire wrestler’s bodies and how he wants to do that in a nice way. its weird. also he posted a gigantic ban me screed a while ago and yet is still here, posting like a dipshit without any integrity. gently caress him, and gently caress you too.

lmao, you dork

way to derail the weird hosed up abusers in wrestling thread with stupid forums grudgery

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
whatever, I'm gonna take a break.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
have any of the larger feds released any substantive statements about what's going on and committing to changing policies or anything? or is it all just waiting for poo poo to settle first?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i can't even imagine what a nightmare is to be beholden to these predator types because they can draw a crowd and organize a show with their in ring poo poo, and you need to work because you need to live

it always seems to coalesce around performance/art/theater/acting, like if you're not just banging out commodities or doing CSR or something corporate, if you have some intangible thing you sell, you're beholden to all the worst loving rackets on earth

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

J-Ro posted:

By the time I clicked on that tweet it was already gone, but here it is:

jesus christ

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Orange Carlisle posted:

Imagine being a total monster piece of poo poo outside the ring and then making your entire gimmick revolve around people touching your dick. I mean the guy was basically hiding in plain sight for years.

i only came back to wrestling 6 months ago and when investigating things I had missed, i saw that Joey Ryan was some poo poo hot thing in the indies and literally all i saw was the most skeevy looking dude doing the most dumb assed self aggrandizing gimmick ever and i basically don't even know if he's good in the ring because i never wanted to watch anything beyond one of the dumb dick spots

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

WatermelonGun posted:

everyone is attacking everyone else it’s great

Yeah it sucks if people are big assholes that attack others for no reason

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

LionYeti posted:

They're probably gonna shitcan Havoc after he gets sober/more sober. (It would be slightly irresponsible of them to just kick him to the curb immediatly) Who else?

there are screenshots of Justin Roberts soliciting nudes from an underaged girl which to me should just be an instant firing

also Jake Hager is a big piece of poo poo and should get flushed too, idk the specifics

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

i think it's a decent statement, very humble/contrite, and Sammy understands that he needs to get gone for awhile and work on his poo poo

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

flashy_mcflash posted:

Pages back because this thread has 200+ posts every time I look at it but I believe there were details of her being underage and him forcibly pushing her against a car outside the restaurant, which is as much detail as we have for many of these accusations.

Maybe it's something, maybe it's nothing, but I feel like I'm taking crazy pills when it's not even acknowledged by anyone (especially Sammy).

i'll take a stab at it since i feel like pretty much everyone is kind of at least uncomfortable about this or still in a "gently caress Sammy forever" mode (which is also fine)

i think it's that there's not enough substance to it. It's a second/third hand account about Sammy harassing/menacing a waitress in a parking lot 7-8 years ago, but not a lot of details, and nobody saying "this happened to me and its hosed up", we don't know what the circumstances were or even if it was Sammy.

i don't know, that's kinda why i feel like for (your own personal) sanity's sake you have to have some bar to get over into "credible allegation", and to me it's a victim themselves speaking up or someone posting w/evidence. like on Darby before, i was able to give him the benefit of the doubt, now the victim has spoken up and Darby can get hosed and hit the bricks

all of this poo poo is so messy and gross, idk

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, I agree that Sammy should probably be pushed to either deny or own it, but I have no idea how to do that, and now he's already done his apology and hosed off, so it's like what now? lol

he could just be ignoring it out of shame, as if he was still doing dumb poo poo like that it'd probably have been brought up by now. bleh.

now if someone DOES come forward to say "hey I'm that waitress you had pushed against a car at Sideliners you piece of poo poo rear end in a top hat", he's turbo hosed. you don't really get a chance to apologize again for dumb poo poo.

smarxist fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jun 24, 2020

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
god DAMMIT Joey

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I think Joey just got psycho pissed at her saying she had never heard or witnessed anything considering how pervasive it was, and that it seemed like running cover for it, but its a super bad look to go at someone that hard over it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

the judge from Phoenix Wright weighs in