Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Benne posted:

Nobody is pushing for this and if that was your takeaway from the whole conversation you weren't paying attention
For real. The fact that people can't tell the difference between "I like that gear" and something creepy is exactly the problem.

Almost like this forum is a microcosm of this super ubiquitous problem that affects most women and a comparatively small, but still shockingly large number of men.

With, like, no stats on enbies yet.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

NDAs don't cover illegal stuff
A lot of forms of sexual assault or coercion aren't illegal. I have no point to make on the Kylie Rae speculation this was a response to, but this point in particular irks me and is something we need to reckon with as a loving species.

Legal and ethical are not remotely the same thing, and just because you can get away with something or haven't technically committed a crime doesn't mean you aren't a huge piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Lid posted:

https://twitter.com/EEnough31

Anonymous account implying they were assaulted by Ricardo Rodriguez
drat. The very last DEFY show was hosted by Rodriguez and was an interpromotional show with his company.

Considering 321 Battel's recent bullshit, I hope PNW wrestling at large isn't largely scummy, but that if it is, the perpetrators get taken the gently caress down.

RealFoxy posted:

You'd think people would have some sense after being outed once to try and sincerely apologize and come clean about everything else they've done but no, they claim one thing is bullshit and then several more stories come out about them. Wrestlers are not the smartest and it seems to attract a certain type of personality
This has nothing to do with wrestling. This is everybody. Everywhere. Even the people you know and love. Big money and a body business would seem to bring higher stakes, but no. It's exactly this bad at your local fast food joint too. And the mattress store. And the book store. And the accounting firm. And the comic shop. And every convention. In every neighborhood, city, county, state, country, and continent.

We have done exactly no work to set up boundaries for what's okay and what's not, world-loving-wide that are clear enough for people, and my dad sat my sister down one night when she was like twelve and explained to her how not to get raped. Not knowing I was a woman, I didn't get the same talk. But more importantly, I never got a "don't rape" talk. What I got was a "don't put women in a position to say you raped them because I listen to Rush Limbaugh and am worried about your future being ruined by liars" talk.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Reality Protester posted:

What's the story with 321 battle? They are localish to me and google is being unhelpful beyond Steve West got fired.
I don't know names or details, but that's not because they're not out there. I just don't have a good memory for such things. But 321 was getting #MeToo'd months ago before all this dropped to the point that when somebody involved friended me on Facebook through local mutuals that had nothing to do with wrestling, I had to make sure it wasn't them.

I'm not gonna' look it up. I'm exhausted. It's out there.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Seams posted:

He's even in the music video for The Mountain Goats song The Legend of Chavo Guerrero which is a bummer because I really like that song and the video is charming and funny.
I have some bad news about the 'goats.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

ARMBAR A COP posted:

The underage stuff, right?
Yup.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Rarity posted:

Marty Scurll being into underage girls was such common knowledge it came up regularly on these forums and crowds would chant it at him at shows

Shard posted:

God thats loving gross.
Yeah, that's... that's not good.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Maybe I've missed a discussion on this, but isn't it bonkers telling that only a scant few of these stories were about current WWE main roster members/management?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Thanlis posted:

Whether it’s deliberate or not, they’re feeding QAnon. gently caress ‘em.
People need to understand this stuff so much more than they do. What used to be confined to sad Usenets is leaking into our culture in a big bad way and when you explain it to people they just go glazed like the information is bouncing off of them.

Sorta' like when you explain 1488 and the OK white power hand sign.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

It'd be nice if we could give contexts to posts like these. Not all of us are terminally online or follow the indies or training schools or whatever the is going on here. I'd sure like to know why this is in the sexual assault in wrestling thread.

Lamuella posted:

I mean, these are people who work for the same companies as Rob Van Dam and Matt Riddle (not that trading one rapist for another is any better)
Van Dam is part of this and thinks Chris Benoit was innocent because he was demonically possessed.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Lamuella posted:

It's discussed on the previous page. It's what everyone is discussing on this page.
I'll show myself out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Ugh. He was a special guest at a cross-promotional DEFY show last year.